• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wondering about Luiz here. I think he’ll play against Liverpool so do you play him to get used to the system? Could see us playing 3 at the back at Anfield.

If AMN carries on performing I think we'll stick with 4. Re Luiz, I think he'll play vs Burnley, it would be a surprise if his first game was pool away. It may seem tough on Chambers but reality is Sok, Luiz & Holding when he returns are all ahead of Chambers at CB. Good squad option but you don't leave Luiz on the bench is he's fit and ready to play.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Luiz has to play here, we brought him for nothing if we don't even start him at all. Regards to Pepe, this is a chance for him to get match fit, the game before Liverpool & Sp**s. Start him but then depending on the result give him a rest on 60-70. Laca it depends on his ankle unfortunately.

Vanfrothan

I think we'll go with Luiz ahead of Chambers, just to get him match fit ahead of the liverpool and tottenham games.

Chambers was really impressive against newcastle, compared to how I remember him, but it was his kind of game. Joelinton is big, strong lad which Chambers seems to suit Chambers.

The times Chambers has really struggled have been against the smaller, quicker players so much rather Luiz play against liverpool and their boys. (Salah, Mane etc.)

Token Yank

If Luiz is going to play against Liverpool then he absolutely must start this game. Would be idiotic management to have his club debut at Anfield. Think it will be something like this assuming Laca isn’t fit and Özil is still out.

...............Auba
Nelson......Mkhi........Pepe
.............Guen...Xhaka
Nacho...Luiz....Sokratis...AMN
...................Leno

I am sick of Xhaka but every manager he has ever had seems to rate him highly and starts him every game.

Wryer

Very keen to see how Chambers copes against Barnes. Very good test against a physically strong, somewhat intelligent striker. Yeah, somewhat.

zilfy

Pepe starting seems to be the way to go.

If he's not match fit (which last game showed he isn't) then you play him to increase his match fitness against a weak team at home.

If he is match fit, then you play him to get used to playing in Emery's system before two big games and he obviously increases our chances of winning the game.

Should be a no brainer

dbig

Don't expect a big win. Think we'll struggle to carve out chances, but should have enough firepower at the end.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would be happy with another 1-0. Just keep grinding out small wins until everyone is back and match-fit.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
don't see any reason to drop willock. torreira probably not ready, and ceballos, if he needs to play, should take the place of xhaka or guendo

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Surely Pepe will start? Needs a good 60 minutes before we play Liverpool and Sp**s.

Can kind of see Emery protecting him though as he did with Lucas.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Good game for him to start, guys like Ziyech, Mane are all starting now and they had AFCON too.

He is in a new league with a massive price tag so maybe Liverpool & Sp**s might not be the best place for him to start.

That being said, you don't spend that type of money to leave him out in two massive games. He's 24 with plenty of experience so I'd expect him to want to play and expect Unai to have the balls to start him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He is in a new league with a massive price tag so maybe Liverpool & Sp**s might not be the best place for him to start.

That being said, you don't spend that type of money to leave him out in two massive games. He's 24 with plenty of experience so I'd expect him to want to play and expect Unai to have the balls to start him.
We’re going to have a lot of patience for him regardless, so just chuck him in the deep end and he might really surprise us.

As you previously said he should be starting this game and playing for 60-70m. That way he’s fit for our tough games.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Give Pepe 30 minutes on Saturday, another week training and then he should be good for a start at Anfield.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Surely Pepe will start? Needs a good 60 minutes before we play Liverpool and Sp**s.

Can kind of see Emery protecting him though as he did with Lucas.
If he plays an hour or more in the behind closed doors friendly today I doubt he'll start at the weekend.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
6 defenders and Özil-pepe-auba-laca upfront... lets ride into the valley of death ....it will be glorious

MikeVinna

Established Member
Surprised people want to drop Chambers. I remember he was very solid right before he went on loan. And he was solid vs Newcastle. Didnt put a foot wrong.

I prefer to actually have a reason to drop him. Surely the moment will come with a bad game, an injury or suspension. But I don’t believe in dropping a player just for the sake of starting the bigger name/signing like Luiz. Even he should earn his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom