• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Xhaka work at his best is when he has all the opposition team in front of him as in when teams are sitting deep and not pressing. Which rarely happens in the PL. Hence I think he is very well suited to Italy league.

Maybe his sloppiness in the middle of the field will be limited as we improve our defense. But I think we can find a better more suited midfield general in the near future!

Token Yank

I like Xhaka as the person. He seems a loyal and good guy, passionate and honest. I really wanted him to be an Arsenal legend but I just can’t defend him anymore. As a player he is not consistent enough. It’s the same give aways over and over and over. It’s the lack of mobility and athleticism. To me he is either a 3/10 player or a 8/10 player and you can’t really have that level of inconsistency in the middle of the park. When he is on form he is top quality but his bad games are Mustafi like.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is the thing. What he does do, he does quite well.. Claiming he has a good record for cards is all well and good over his career but we are focused on Arsenal and what he has done here. He's picked up 26 yellow cards in 2 seasons for us. One of those in the first game of the season for an absolutely needless challenge.
I'd love it if he was one of our squad options as I feel that is his level. But to build a title winning squad he is simply not a good ingredient.
I agree with you his mistakes seem to be of a similar nature all the time. I still maintain he was a fair deal better last season than the one before and I am hoping he gives us more of that.

Yes I agree he improved last season but I look at the top teams who we need to compete with and I don't feel he would be in their starting 11, so he shouldn't be in ours! I guess we had other priorities in the summer, maybe next summer we look to improve that position.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Starting to see what people mean when they talk about users on here having agendas. Monreal comes into the team and puts in a decent performance but you can't even bring yourself to give him credit. Sad.

Of course I have an agenda?!?

I want us to win.

I do not care how it looks like other people,

He hasnt been decent enough for years, seldom anything to give credit for.

He is not there for the offense consistent enough

He is not proactive enough defensivly, so afraid of failing that he doesnt try anymore, and passes the buck to others instead, shriks responsibility doesnt pull his weight.

In My world somebody who tries but fails is worth more then someone who doesnt try, hence why I even supported Mustafi for the longest time, but now he just fails without even trying.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I think Xhaka work at his best is when he has all the opposition team in front of him as in when teams are sitting deep and not pressing. Which rarely happens in the PL. Hence I think he is very well suited to Italy league.

Maybe his sloppiness in the middle of the field will be limited as we improve our defense. But I think we can find a better more suited midfield general in the near future!

And why do you place all the blame, the sloppines, the fails on Xhaka?

For him to have someone to pass to someone gotta be in the correct position right? He takes too much time People say, yeah go figure if there isnt someone to pass to...

If he gets a bad pass it is his fault?

We as a team still got organizational and formational issues.

With Xhaka people just look for anything that can be construed as a mistake
And with Guendozi everything is not only ignored but flaws are heralded as talents...

For him to have someone to pass to someone gotta be in the correct position right? He takes too much time People say, yeah go figure if there isnt someone to pass to...

And with Guendozi everything is not only ignored but flaws are heralded as talents...

I think Xhaka is reckless and careless and still doesn't understand the pace of the PL. Sometimes he is in the turn and he pass as soon as he get out of the turn without even looking where he is passing. So so sloppy and it happens at least once per game for him.

Blaming others is no go for me either. He was bought because he is outstanding passer with insane range in his passing. As a deepest midfielder it is his job to get the ball further forward safely. If he can't use his standout ability for that he is pretty useless IMO as his defending is meh. Opposition team usually run past him like he is a ghost. But then he is not a ghost and comes up with some reckless fouling that triggers me even more.

Reactions: Jae

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Lol. Please just watch the video posted by @Maybe in the previous page and let me know whose mistake it was. There are 3 players who are running in front of him with a clear angle. As usual, he takes so many touches and messes up. Xhaka always has so many options to pass to. That was never a problem. But when he is pressed, he does something stupid. It is because he is not a quick thinker. He doesn't have the capability to react quickly and beat the press.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think Xhaka is reckless and careless and still doesn't understand the pace of the PL. Sometimes he is in the turn and he pass as soon as he get out of the turn without even looking where he is passing. So so sloppy and it happens at least once per game for him.

Blaming others is no go for me either. He was bought because he is outstanding passer with insane range in his passing. As a deepest midfielder it is his job to get the ball further forward safely. If he can't use his standout ability for that he is pretty useless IMO as his defending is meh. Opposition team usually run past him like he is a ghost. But then he is not a ghost and comes up with some reckless fouling that triggers me even more.
He has a very good passing range. That's true. But know one knows why he was bought :lol: Wenger kept telling that he saw Xhaka as a box-to-box midfielder. I mean, what????
That summer of Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez was probably our worst summer. Even worse than the one we signed only Cech. I would definitely love to hear the conversations between the management team. What exactly were they thinking?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He has a very good passing range. That's true. But know one knows why he was bought :lol: Wenger kept telling that he saw Xhaka as a box-to-box midfielder. I mean, what????
That summer of Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez was probably our worst summer. Even worse than the one we signed only Cech. I would definitely love to hear the conversations between the management team. What exactly were they thinking?

Perez was a panic buy because of Welbeck I think.

With Xhaka & Mustafi they mostly got the psyche or mental evaluation of players wrong. That's not the easiest thing to get right.

Although wasn't Mustafi also a bit of a panic buy?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Of course I have an agenda?!?

I want us to win.

I do not care how it looks like other people,

He hasnt been decent enough for years, seldom anything to give credit for.

He is not there for the offense consistent enough

He is not proactive enough defensivly, so afraid of failing that he doesnt try anymore, and passes the buck to others instead, shriks responsibility doesnt pull his weight.

In My world somebody who tries but fails is worth more then someone who doesnt try, hence why I even supported Mustafi for the longest time, but now he just fails without even trying.

What have I just read :lol:

Did you not see his clearance at the start of second half that would've probably resulted in a goal had he not intervened?.....

Sure, his legs are going and he isn't the player he once was but some of those accusations are a load of tosh.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What have I just read :lol:

Did you not see his clearance at the start of second half that would've probably resulted in a goal had he not intervened?.....

Sure, his legs are going and he isn't the player he once was but some of those accusations are a load of tosh.

Even a blind hen finds a corn...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Are you surprised Wenger got it wrong?

He bought playmakers when we needed wingers

Bought plodders as strikers when we needed speed

Played acms as dms

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Lol. Please just watch the video posted by @Maybe in the previous page and let me know whose mistake it was. There are 3 players who are running in front of him with a clear angle. As usual, he takes so many touches and messes up. Xhaka always has so many options to pass to. That was never a problem. But when he is pressed, he does something stupid. It is because he is not a quick thinker. He doesn't have the capability to react quickly and beat the press.

And as always, no reaction to this post where Xhaka makes a huge error. And it's not like this is a one time thing.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
And as always, no reaction to this post where Xhaka makes a huge error. And it's not like this is a one time thing.

One thing out of context doesnt make or break a player

Every player out there has mistakes in Them, pobody si nerfect.

And as Ive said before the mistakes are heaped onto Xhaka because him being the positionally sound one he gets everybody elses fails

RacingPhoton

Established Member
One thing out of context doesnt make or break a player

Every player out there has mistakes in Them, pobody si nerfect.

And as Ive said before the mistakes are heaped onto Xhaka because him being the positionally sound one he gets everybody elses fails
He has the record for most number of errors. I have watched everyone of them and I am bloody sure that he had similar options to pass in his other errors too. In most cases, he sees a person, takes a second or more just to decide whether to pass it or him. Also, he cannot make a pass without looking at the ball. All these factors means, if someone moves and tries to intercept within that time, there is no way he knows it. He ends up giving the ball to him.
And is his positional sense also the reason why he gave away most penalties?

The dude has a brain that is slow, panics under pressure and also farts every once in a while. He cannot handle pressure. It is out there clearly for you to see. And still Xhaka fans will repeat the same line. This is why people hate Xhaka fans/fanatics here.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Xhaka is the kind of player who will make errors for the rest of his career. He's been doing it since he joined, his errors are similar to Mustafi's because they are so bad, its always a wtf moment, like passing straight to the opposition. I don't know what it is, maybe he just has the move in his head and sees it through regardless of who has moved into the space. Someone should compile all his errors, I'm sure they would all look similar.

That is exactly what it is and it couldn't have been put any better. He's a talented passer of the ball only when there's no pressure on the ball and he has time to get his head up.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
He's like the Giroud of midfielders. So obviously flawed overall, but a couple of big qualities. Unfortunately, his level is just below top six in England.

Italy or a couple of big teams in France that aren't psg could make good use of his abilities.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He has the record for most number of errors. I have watched everyone of them and I am bloody sure that he had similar options to pass in his other errors too. In most cases, he sees a person, takes a second or more just to decide whether to pass it or him. Also, he cannot make a pass without looking at the ball. All these factors means, if someone moves and tries to intercept within that time, there is no way he knows it. He ends up giving the ball to him.
And is his positional sense also the reason why he gave away most penalties?

The dude has a brain that is slow, panics under pressure and also farts every once in a while. He cannot handle pressure. It is out there clearly for you to see. And still Xhaka fans will repeat the same line. This is why people hate Xhaka fans/fanatics here.

And yet two managers of ours
One in BMG
And the Swiss One

All pick him All the time and makes him captain

But the haterz knows better?

You all look for mistakes and make that define him

All mistakes are credited to him solely and yet you never acknowledge all his great stuff

How can you disregard surroundings when judging a player?

Every DLP would be exposed playing for us in the last 3-4 years

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
That is exactly what it is and it couldn't have been put any better. He's a talented passer of the ball only when there's no pressure on the ball and he has time to get his head up.

Thanks for the compliment, as I said, I'd love to see a compilation because I think his errors would all look similar. I don't think it's something he can eradicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom