• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Freddie (whom I Love as both a gunner and a Swede) does have a history of being over confident
He was very vocal about being moved centrally for Sweden which wasnt really His position, and there was often an aura of arrogance around him
He fought with both Olof Mellberg and Zlatan :p
But you gotta admire the balls of the Little Guy to do that.

Tbh when it was announced that it was Freddie's idea, I posted on here "Balls of Steel" :lol: I'm not a Bould fan anyway, as a player he was good but I've never understood his value to the coaching team, it certainly hasn't helped with our defending!

Swiss Ramble claims our gross spend was £46m based on all the initial 1st yr payments, then 1st yrs wages on top take it to about £70m. That figure then comes down with initial Iwobi payment, Bielik, Ospina. Obviously if we sell Mustafi & Elneny it will reduce further.

Cheers for the info! So it is true that we stayed in 45 M range this window!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
VAR is broken and the amount of incorrect decisions overall won’t change much. It has merely shifted where incorrect calls are.

Offside is clearly a weird issue where we’re using fractions to suggest that an attacking player has gained an advantage. Not a fan of it been a simple black/white issue.

Chaoz_Enigma

I know this is an unpopular opinion and I'm gonna get alot of bants out of this. Arsenal is going to win the Premier League this season. Its our year.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Liam Rosenior is the most intelligent and articulate analyst on Sky and BT.

Yeah he avoids hot takes and doesn’t just go with bigging up his old club.

He’ll never get on the big games because he’s not a name but he should be. Top quality pundit.

Levels ahead of wankers like Neville and Jenas.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette is our 2nd worst transfer ever after Mustafi, even Xhaka's wasn't as bad and that's a solid 3rd.
If we wanted to we could sell Lacazette for £50-70m.

How is our second worst ever signing winning POTS here, seriously get a grip.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Holy moses, what an attention seeking post.
Worse than the below?
Senderos
Chamack
Gervinho
Park?????
I get what he is saying though. Lacazette was our marquee signing and at the time the biggest transfer we done and he puts up Giroud numbers. I feel like Arsenal fans con themselves into thinking Lacazette was worth every penny when in reality we overpaid for a decent striker and nothing more

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

VAR is broken and the amount of incorrect decisions overall won’t change much. It has merely shifted where incorrect calls are.

Offside is clearly a weird issue where we’re using fractions to suggest that an attacking player has gained an advantage. Not a fan of it been a simple black/white issue.
Give it a little bit of time, it needs some time to work out the issues and improve. In one full season in the Eredivisie last year there were 87 incorrect decisions recalled in 306 matches because of VAR. That's red card decisions, penalty decisions and goal decisions. Those have a direct influence on the results of many matches.

Naturally there were also mistakes but the positives outweigh the negatives, that is undeniable.

(source: https://www.knvb.nl/nieuws/themas/a...-seizoen-var-de-eredivisie-het-werd-eerlijker).

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I get what he is saying though. Lacazette was our marquee signing and at the time the biggest transfer we done and he puts up Giroud numbers. I feel like Arsenal fans con themselves into thinking Lacazette was worth every penny when in reality we overpaid for a decent striker and nothing more
We didn't overpay though. Look at the market. Top strikers are going for 100M. A prime Giroud would be worth 45 in today's market..

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We are going to be seeing more player swap deals in the future. Clubs can’t afford £70, £80 above transfers so more and more clubs will try to add players onto deals to get players.

Tomb Bombadil

Does a lot of work (see Firminho numbers). In comparison to Lukaku and Morata still the best choice.

Kingofthebongo

We are going to be seeing more player swap deals in the future. Clubs can’t afford £70, £80 above transfers so more and more clubs will try to add players onto deals to get players.

Agreed, I think we will be seeing more American sport style swaps/trades, free transfers.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
An agent was on the radio around deadline day talking about this. He suggested a dedicated swap window in addition to transfer window to help movement of players.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom