• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Forum Ideas Thread

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Great ideas allround. To refine @Trilly's second bright idea:

Would be nice if we have some kind of threadmarks feature (redcafe has it).

Posts that contain significant updates get marked by a mod and are easily reached by clicking on the threadmarks button at the top of the thread.

This allows people to keep chatting **** in the transfer thread, but allows people genuinely interested in keeping up to date to scan the threadmarks and navigate to the posts that contain actual updates.

Also eliminates the need for "any news" posts that happens every other page.

Work's for Match threads as well (goals/red cards etc.).

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
My suggestion is we have a stickied thread in which everyone throughout the season agrees that my opinions are the best.

Over to you mods.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Can some sort of Line Up generator be integrated into the forum?

I know you can go off site but linking and embedding sucks when you are on your cell or tablet

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Trilly nicked that second idea off someone else but i think they're both pretty good ideas all the same.
I’ve seen it somewhere else can’t remember where, but I haven’t nicked it off anyone on this forum though.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'd like a dislike button and then award the person with the most dislikes over the course of the season with the most unpopular AM'er tagline.
Would be bants but dislike button is a slippery slope. Not a good idea. :lol:

Also we know who would win that.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Posts that contain significant updates get marked by a mod and are easily reached by clicking on the threadmarks button at the top of the thread.

This allows people to keep chatting **** in the transfer thread, but allows people genuinely interested in keeping up to date to scan the threadmarks and navigate to the posts that contain actual updates.

Yeah this is a much better idea.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Didn’t really know where to post this (mods feel free to move stuff wherever) but this will probably get the most traffic.

Anyway, here’s my first bright idea: Community Voting

For every match we give players individual ratings. The ratings are then aggregated and each player gets an average score. Using that average score we can then calculate community MOTM, community player of the month/season as well as the opposite (I say we call it wasteman of the week/month/season etc).

I think the forum’s large enough that the trolls wouldn’t have too large an influence on the voting and it would lead to plenty of talking points. I’m not sure how it would work though, doing it manually would be a bit too much work for the mods but if the forum had some kind of functionality for it that would be great.
We've already talked about this one and it seems the tools we have on this forum are currently too limited for such a system. We might eventually look to upgrade but for now it isn't possible.

Aevi

Hale End FC

We aren't capable of doing this either atm as far as I know.

I think the best route for news would be a news only thread, we could try in in January.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
We aren't capable of doing this either atm as far as I know.

I think the best route for news would be a news only thread, we could try in in January.
Too bad. I thought we had the same forum architecture to Redcafe as look and feel is quite similar?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The only issue with seperate threads for news and discussion is that the whole transfer forum would get cluttered quickly. It might become difficult to navigate and keep track of, I think.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Are their any possibilities outside what we already have?
The forum is run using a certain software. I believe that software can be upgraded to a newer one (or the current one can be added on to?) to incorporate more cool features, but that hasn't really been discussed.

@albakos knows more about this stuff if you have more questions.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The forum is run using a certain software. I believe that software can be upgraded to a newer one (or the current one can be added on to?) to incorporate more cool features, but that hasn't really been discussed.

@albakos knows more about this stuff if you have more questions.
Also, some of the features mentioned cost money to install and A-M's owners are cheaper than Kroenke.

Wish we had some system where posters were encouraged to be more friendly and go into football debate instead of posts like "troll".

Like if someone say troll he would be autobanned for one hour.

Top Bottom