• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
What mistakes? You had games when Xhaka wasn't playing at all and other midfielders couldn't move away from their own box for good 30 minutes. But you ignore that. You have defenders who get red cards often and they almost jeopardize an entire competition, yet they are ignored.

The best midfielder in PL.

Not to forget to mention some sitters missed in the last game, chances created with most beautiful passes ever seen in football by one and only Granit Xhaka.

Yeah, bring some other false stats here.

This I agree with. Xhaka has stabilized our midfield and without him, its all over the place. He tackles and defends, takes the ball upfront, hits a few screamers, passes tidily and creatively and has a strong physical presence. What he really needs is a Kante besides him, and Torreira is the closest version we have

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Perez was a panic buy because of Welbeck I think.

With Xhaka & Mustafi they mostly got the psyche or mental evaluation of players wrong. That's not the easiest thing to get right.

Although wasn't Mustafi also a bit of a panic buy?

Yeah they missed out on the Greek bloke that plays for Roma.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The thing about Xhaka no matter what people say , Emery going to play him as first choice . If I was a betting man the safe be would be he will play at least 30 games barring injury . Emery loves him .

Last edited:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

This I agree with. Xhaka has stabilized our midfield and without him, its all over the place. He tackles and defends, takes the ball upfront, hits a few screamers, passes tidily and creatively and has a strong physical presence. What he really needs is a Kante besides him, and Torreira is the closest version we have

I like Torreira Xhaka partnership as well. I liked Torreira when I saw him playing during world cup for Uruguay, and I am glad I was right.

They complete one another perfectly, and watching Xhaka play with him, I also think he likes him a lot. I also read an article about them, saying that they both are the most hardworking players during Arsenal training/s.

Hope we will see more of their partnership.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I like Torreira Xhaka partnership as well. I liked Torreira when I saw him playing during world cup for Uruguay, and I am glad I was right.

They complete one another perfectly, and watching Xhaka play with him, I also think he likes him a lot. I also read an article about them, saying that they both are the most hardworking players during Arsenal training/s.

And for all My Xhaka support and torreira support

A double pivot of them is not enough for me

Torreira is Good enough ballwinner but lacks size

Xhaka is not mobile enough

We need a 3 CM formation or atleast 2cms with a dm behind

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Perez was a panic buy because of Welbeck I think.

With Xhaka & Mustafi they mostly got the psyche or mental evaluation of players wrong. That's not the easiest thing to get right.

Although wasn't Mustafi also a bit of a panic buy?
Perez was after Vardy turned us down. To be fair to the club a hard situation as Vardy made us wait more than a month & his buyout far lower than market value. Left us chasing a forward with what looked like not enough funds budgeted.

Mustafi we negotiated for a while with Valencia just a **** up rather than panic buy.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

That partnership is too flat. We need someone with a bit of burst to push that midfield

Jae

Xhaka is thoroughly and painfully average and you'll struggle to find a football fan outside of these forums who would disagree with that statement.

He's not fit to lace the boots of some of the midfielders we have had at our club in the past. Anybody who thinks he's amazing has clearly only started supporting us over the last 5-10 years.

Fabregas
Gilberto
Parlour
Petit
Edu
Cazorla
Viera

No two players on that list are alike and I can probably name more,but they are all what I'd consider some of our best midfielders.

There are arguable a few players who were just as good if not better than Xhaka in spells here as well.

Flamini, Song, Diaby, Wilshere, Arteta.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

And for all My Xhaka support and torreira support

A double pivot of them is not enough for me

Torreira is Good enough ballwinner but lacks size

Xhaka is not mobile enough

We need a 3 CM formation or atleast 2cms with a dm behind

At the beginning of previous season I was a fan of a midfield of 3 , too. I wanted Xhaka Torreira and Ramsey as midfield of three. But, in my opinion, the midfield of three lacks fluidity, it gets overcrowded and we do not see Arsenal's beautiful game any more. At least for Xhaka I think his passing is more fluid in a midfield of two, especially when he has Torreira playing as a deeper DM.

If I remember correctly, we saw Torreira, Xhaka and Ramsey together in a game, but it didn't work as I expected. But, lets see maybe it will work this season now that new players have arrived at Arsenal.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
At the beginning of previous season I was a fan of a midfield of 3 , too. I wanted Xhaka Torreira and Ramsey as midfield of three. But, in my opinion, the midfield of three lacks fluidity, it gets overcrowded and we do not see Arsenal's beautiful game any more. At least for Xhaka I think his passing is more fluid in a midfield of two, especially when he has Torreira playing as a deeper DM.

If I remember correctly, we saw Torreira, Xhaka and Ramsey together in a game, but it didn't work as I expected. But, lets see maybe it will work this season now that new players have arrived at Arsenal.
I have to agree I don’t think playing in a midfield 3 suits him. Has he ever played in a 3 in his career?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I've tried that. He never backs up anything he says.
I mean the claim of Xhaka being the best mid in the PL. Holy crap, give me some of what he is smoking.

Still scratching my head at trying to figure out who these defenders of ours are that get sent off often. Looking at stats site the most any of them have been sent off in PL is once.

At least that's something Xhaka has curbed during his time here even if he still picks up really silly yellows. His record for sending offs was ridiculous around the point he joined us. Not sure on the last time he saw red here.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
What mistakes? You had games when Xhaka wasn't playing at all and other midfielders couldn't move away from their own box for good 30 minutes. But you ignore that. You have defenders who get red cards often and they almost jeopardize an entire competition, yet they are ignored.

The best midfielder in PL.

Not to forget to mention some sitters missed in the last game, chances created with most beautiful passes ever seen in football by one and only Granit Xhaka.

Yeah, bring some other false stats here.
This is the type of irrational stuff color commentators say in WWE:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom