• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gkoat

Squad pretty deep at the mo with similar caliber players.

Decent options at CB, CM & across the front line. Dont overly miss anyone.
Not saying you're wrong, but who would be 3rd in line for our striker spot if worse came to worse and we had to go in that direction? I figure Nketiah in theory but with him on loan?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Our squad depth is really good now. After I heard xhaka injury, I just thought of willock guendouzi ceballos mid and elneny in bench. Totally forgot about Torreira! Him missing most of the preseason didn't help.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
One of few teams left in the PL who genuinely enjoy smashing into their opponents. A throwback to a time when you 'play the percentages' or let the opposing team 'know you are there' by kicking them.

Managed by Sean Dyche, who regularly says he doesn't care if others like to moan about his tactics or team, yet every time I see him giving an interview he is moaning about the injustices bestowed upon his team.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not saying you're wrong, but who would be 3rd in line for our striker spot if worse came to worse and we had to go in that direction? I figure Nketiah in theory but with him on loan?
I would guess Pepe. By all accounts played half a season there & has the best height / pace / finishing combo.

One of few teams left in the PL who genuinely enjoy smashing into their opponents. A throwback to a time when you 'play the percentages' or let the opposing team 'know you are there' by kicking them.

Managed by Sean Dyche, who regularly says he doesn't care if others like to moan about his tactics or team, yet every time I see him giving an interview he is moaning about the injustices bestowed upon his team.
Three straight red cards in 6 years. I'm afraid you're confusing us with someone else.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Some tough games ahead. Need to bed in the new boys. Play Pepe and Luiz if they’re fit. Douzi, Torreira and Ceballos in midfield. Not much of a loss without Xhaka tbf. Probably give the ball away less.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Put Luiz in CM if Xhaka is injured. Put Ceballos and Özil in front and let's hammer these muppets.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Three straight red cards in 6 years. I'm afraid you're confusing us with someone else.
Weird stat to defend yourself with no? Red cards are mostly due to lapses in concentration.

Last season you had the 2nd most yellow cards in the league and no individual player in the top 10, which combined I consider a more reliable indicator of a team out to systematically kick the other team.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Red cards don't always show how dirty a team is. Stoke City under Pulis were the dirtiest team I ever came across, yet I don't think they topped the red card table even once in his time there. You can get away with a lot without receiving red cards. That's why I don't pay much attention to those kind of stats. The eye test is far more accurate to me in those situations.

If you however like stats. How about the one that Burnley have picked up the most yellow cards in the whole league if you combine the last 2 seasons.

I don't think Burnley are anywhere near close to that Stoke team or for that matter I don't necessarily even think you are a dirty team overal. But Dyche does share some similarities with Pulis. He likes his players to get stuck in and you do have some players in your team who seem to relish to take the ball and the man.

I'm not trying to be precious or elitist and look down on your team or the way you play. It is a valid way of playing. I'm just saying our team should be ready when you try your inevitable 'lets rough up Arsenal' tactic that seems to have gained a popular following.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leno
Chambers Sokratis Luiz
Maitland-Niles Torreira Guendouzi Monreal
Aubameyang Lacazette Nelson
Via my resources in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom