• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leno
Chambers Sokratis Luiz
Maitland-Niles Torreira Guendouzi Monreal
Aubameyang Lacazette Nelson
Via my resources in Spain.

source.gif

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Mate of mine will be at the game. Hope i see her on Monday with a smile.

Weird stat to defend yourself with no? Red cards are mostly due to lapses in concentration.

Last season you had the 2nd most yellow cards in the league and no individual player in the top 10, which combined I consider a more reliable indicator of a team out to systematically kick the other team.
Yes, that's true. And if you count total cards, you're correct that we had 75 (0 red) and Arsenal 74 (2 red), which may suggest that Burnley are more likely to kick teams than Arsenal. Perhaps. Maybe both teams need to be worried about a side full of cloggers. Or maybe they don't.

But I wouldn't agree about red cards being lapses of concentration. Obviously I don't know how your 12 straight reds were caused, but generally red cards are caused IMO by going for tackles that shouldn't be gone for. Get them wrong, you're off. Burnley don't, by and large, do that. Not to say we don't niggle and go hard as allowable, but you know how easy it is to get booked nowadays, and how easy it is to knock a player over. You can't "get stuck in" in the old fashioned way.

PS - we defend more than you. We have to.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka potentially injured. Seen training with Bellerin and Tierney rather than the group.

Could we see a Willock/Torreira Guendouzi Ceballos midfield?

early chance for them to oust Xhaka.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Looking forward to more Ceballos dark arts and sh*thousery. Don’t care who starts or the score, just want 3 points and our first opening 6 points in a decade (of course we went on to lose the next 2 games back then I think :mad:)​

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Pissed off here! Wife has arranged some stupid luncheon for this time and the people we're eating with have zero interest in football. I know, i know, we shouldn't hang out with such negativity.

Hoping you guys will keep me posted during the game. @yousif_arsenal @hydrofluoric acid @Trilly @American_Gooner @celestis @Toby Andrl
If any of you stellar posters are online during the game please give updates. You manner of describing events makes for good reading.
There are others but I can't think of all of you.

Edit: @Jae your posts always welcome too, mate.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pissed off here! Wife has arranged some stupid luncheon for this time and the people we're eating with have zero interest in football. I know, i know, we shouldn't hang out with such negativity.

Hoping you guys will keep me posted during the game. @yousif_arsenal @hydrofluoric acid @Trilly @American_Gooner @celestis @Toby Andrl
If any of you stellar posters are online during the game please give updates. You manner of describing events makes for good reading.
There are others but I can't think of all of you.
Tend to only post in match threads when I’m watching our games alone. Due to be watching tomorrow’s game with a mate so I'm sure the others will help. :)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interested to see Emery’s team and whether he can get the balance right, often feel his far to cautious at home.

Not a fan of this whole no captain thing either, although to be fair, we have no stand out candidates.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

After consideration, the best eleven for this game would be:

Leno
AMN Sokratis Luiz Monreal
Torreira
Pepe Willock Ceballos Nelson
Aubameyang
Need to flood their box and go for goals early on.
Three hale end boys, tears in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom