• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Honestly can't see the humour in any of this. Doesn't really matter where you are from. You could be from Keplar 22B and still understand football. No idea why the amount of football in your homeland should make a difference in that. 40 years ago Japan never played Rugby.. look at them now. They Beat South Africa convincingly the last world cup... admittedly most did but still that was huge.

I think you're beign a tad sensitive here.

A big part of beign successful in any sport is tradition and the knowledge that passes through generation to generation. It's not a coincidence that coutrnies like China and India are non factors in fotballing landsacpe despite enormous human potential and investments in the sport (especially China). The fact how you percieve sport is culturally dependant to a certain extent. Look at how Americans see their sport as a whole. It's all about entertainment, isntant success, blood and sweat or means to a better life. How you relate to a certain sport, what it represent to you, also influences how you understand it IMO.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Now a serious question, what would someone from Bangladesh, India and South Africa know about football? Do you even have football there?

One thing I know, Bangladesh has a very funny name, congrats.
Openly racist, A-M race wars 2019 about to start. You love to see it.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

A big part of beign successful in any sport is tradition and the knowledge that passes through generation to generation. It's not a coincidence that coutrnies like China and India are non factors in fotballing landsacpe despite enormous human potential and investments in the sport (especially China). The fact how you percieve sport is culturally dependant to a certain extent. Look at how Americans see their sport as a whole. It's all about entertainment, isntant success, blood and sweat or means to a better life. How you relate to a certain sport, what it represent to you, also influences how you understand it IMO.

While there’s merit to what you’re saying on a macro level, it’s not really something you can apply to individuals you don’t know without sounding a bit of a bigot tbh. You’re citing countries with nearly a billion people so that’s a sizeable generalisation. It’s fair to say there are more than a few anomalies that make it worth leaving their origins out of the conversation.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Very true. Thanks for that response. I still don't feel some fool on the internet can judge a poster's knowledge of the sport by that metric though

Furthermore as a former member of the British empire, i think south africa has a decent cultural advantage in understanding football

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
While there’s merit to what you’re saying on a macro level, it’s not really something you can apply to individuals you don’t know without sounding a bit of a bigot tbh. You’re citing countries with nearly a billion people so that’s a sizeable generalisation. It’s fair to say there are more than a few anomalies that make it worth leaving their origins out of the conversation.

That's true. I was more reffering to the issue Mark opened on the actually success and tradition of certain sport. Obviously in an age of globalism everyone can educate themselves. I do believe that people that actually experienced playing the sport on a somewhat serious level usually have a better understanding of the complexity of that sport.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Trax, you should see the racist crap we put up with here in Africa. The world honestly has no idea of the depths one can dive to in the absolute sh!thole abyss that is racism... @Erlis is, as per usual, resorting to anything BUT the facts to try and showcase himself as a voice of reason. The irony being that every post he makes verifies the fact that he is the worst poster on here and has absolutely no ability to back up his irrational statements.

I have no problem with people who admire certain players but at the very least be honest about their performances. I was a huge Özil fan but I will not defend him until he showcases the talent that made me admire him so much. None of us are immune to bias, it is a natural human phenomenon. Knowing where to limit your own bias is a key perspective of life though..
**** me. You’re turning in AMs philosopher and voice of reason. Soon we’ll be having a ‘Dear Mark’ agony uncle thread.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom