• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunner12345

Xhaka will be assessed ahead of the game provided he is passed fit

Aubameyang

Nelson Özil Pepe

Xhaka Douzi

Kolasinac Luiz Sokratis Niles

Leno

if Xhaka is out then Torreira instead

MikeVinna

Established Member
After consideration, the best eleven for this game would be:

Leno
AMN Sokratis Luiz Monreal
Torreira
Pepe Willock Ceballos Nelson
Aubameyang
Need to flood their box and go for goals early on.

I like it. I really do. But it’s harsh on Chambers. The lad will never kick on if we keep shutting him out. In the long run he could be more valuable to the club than Luiz.

The solution could be a back 3. Without Xhaka(presumably) it means Luiz can push into midfield which he likes to do. And we can play a front 3 while also allowing our wingbacks to bomb forward. It really doesn’t have to be a negative formation like people always think.

Leno

Chambers Luiz Sokratis

AMN Guendouzi Willock Kola/Nacho

Pepe Auba Nelson
Edit: just realised I was quoting THunter posting a back 4 after posting a back 3 before :facepalm:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I like it. I really do. But it’s harsh on Chambers. The lad will never kick on if we keep shutting him out. In the long run he could be more valuable to the club than Luiz.

The solution could be a back 3 like THunter suggests(not being sure if he was even serious). Without Xhaka(presumably) it means Luiz can push into midfield which he likes to do. And we can play a front 3 while also allowing our wingbacks to bomb forward. It really doesn’t have to be a negative formation like people always think.

Leno

Chambers Luiz Sokratis

AMN Guendouzi Willock Kola/Nacho

Pepe Auba Nelson​
3 at the back? Never again.

Finesse

Xhaka faces a late test. Will not be surprised to see him start. He is Emery’s choice for main captain. He will shake the knock off and play.

I expect Chambers to keep his spot. Emery likes to have 3 solid defenders. An intelligent sweeper and passer like Luis in his defence will begin the build up from the back. Emery says we start attacking from the back with Leno and defend from the front with Auba.

In midfield we should be open to changes. Expect Xhaka to keep his place with either Ceballos starting.

In attack I expect Pepe to start on the left and Nelson keeping his spot. Auba to lead the line. Pepe will be given a run to get him ready for the next 2 crucial games.

Özil and Laca can come in later to add more as subs.

I expect to see Emery’s full side after this game. For now he is treating the first 2 as winnable games and doing a lot of work on the training ground to bring players up to speed.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After consideration, the best eleven for this game would be:

Leno
AMN Sokratis Luiz Monreal
Torreira
Pepe Willock Ceballos Nelson
Aubameyang
Need to flood their box and go for goals early on.

He won't leave out Guendouzi. I doubt Torreira is ready so it may be Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos if Xhaka is injured. I would keep Laca on the bench too and I don't think Nelson deserves to be dropped.

However, Miki will probably play.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
i love this talk of dilemmas all over the pitch, gives us so much firepower and unpredictability, not to mention rotation.

oh the days of Elneny and Sanogo on the bench.

Tomb Bombadil

This is a must win for us. Then I guess the start would be already ok with 1 point out of Liverpool and Sp**s.

Don't expect anything at anfield road. Liverpool has an established team and just Alisson out. Then a draw or a win against Sp**s. But first we need to win this.

FinnGooner

Established Member
No matter what XI field, we should win comfortably, although Barnes will score almost 100%. Annoying cvnts always score against us. Still, 3-1 win Auba x 2 and Nelson x 1

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I’m in London over the weekend, any pubs you Guys can recommend to watch the game?

Aevi

Hale End FC
Yes, that's true. And if you count total cards, you're correct that we had 75 (0 red) and Arsenal 74 (2 red), which may suggest that Burnley are more likely to kick teams than Arsenal. Perhaps. Maybe both teams need to be worried about a side full of cloggers. Or maybe they don't.

But I wouldn't agree about red cards being lapses of concentration. Obviously I don't know how your 12 straight reds were caused, but generally red cards are caused IMO by going for tackles that shouldn't be gone for. Get them wrong, you're off. Burnley don't, by and large, do that. Not to say we don't niggle and go hard as allowable, but you know how easy it is to get booked nowadays, and how easy it is to knock a player over. You can't "get stuck in" in the old fashioned way.

PS - we defend more than you. We have to.
How do you think you'll do this season?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Pissed off here! Wife has arranged some stupid luncheon for this time and the people we're eating with have zero interest in football. I know, i know, we shouldn't hang out with such negativity.

Hoping you guys will keep me posted during the game. @yousif_arsenal @hydrofluoric acid @Trilly @American_Gooner @celestis @Toby Andrl
If any of you stellar posters are online during the game please give updates. You manner of describing events makes for good reading.
There are others but I can't think of all of you.

Edit: @Jae your posts always welcome too, mate.

I will be dead tomorrow. My sisters are celebrating their birthday tonight so that means mayhem. Also Stuttgart is playing at the same time and currently I am a bit more excited with them than with Arsenal. Sorry I can't have your back!

FluffyDoozi

Hope Chambers is given more game time to build up his confidence. Him and Luiz with Leno will take the whole playing out from the back to a higher level.
Sokratis might be the better defender but you just know he is a ticking time bomb with his wrestling antics. He got away with so much last season but he's bound to cause a couple if penalties with VAR.

Excited to see Pepe though his positioning surprised me in the last game, he was playing very close to centreforward with Auba shifting wider. Wonder how Laca will fit in.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Hope Özil starts tomorrow.

5qzpk4k67td7.jpg

boyinneedofhumor

He won't leave out Guendouzi. I doubt Torreira is ready so it may be Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos if Xhaka is injured. I would keep Laca on the bench too and I don't think Nelson deserves to be dropped.

However, Miki will probably play.
1. Based on last game, Mkhi seems better on left rather than right.

2. Will it be a 3(4-3-___) or 2(4-2-___)?
3 in the middle is something I'd prefer packing against a top 4 side.

3. Nelson doesnt seem to be "on-form" during the last match.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1. Based on last game, Mkhi seems better on left rather than right.

2. Will it be a 3(4-3-___) or 2(4-2-___)?
3 in the middle is something I'd prefer packing against a top 4 side.

3. Nelson doesnt seem to be "on-form" during the last match.

I don't get this opinion. Nelson was good in my view, statstically he was third with offensive value added. Using your eyes he was good in possession and had some eye catching moments. His movement into the box, the one touch lay offs, bringing the ball down under pressure, switching the play. He played well and Id start him ahead of Miki if we are using a meritocracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom