• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boyinneedofhumor

I don't get this opinion. Nelson was good in my view, statstically he was third with offensive value added. Using your eyes he was good in possession and had some eye catching moments. His movement into the box, the one touch lay offs, bringing the ball down under pressure, switching the play. He played well and Id start him ahead of Miki if we are using a meritocracy.
I didn't find him offensive/threatening enough. Or should I say, "fluid". Not that I meant he's s**t though. Like a bike that changes gear, but pausing for a moment if it feels clunky.

I was hoping him and Mkhi would switch flanks in 2nd half to have a better look/comparison how he'd fare.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I didn't find him offensive/threatening enough. Or should I say, "fluid". Not that I meant he's s**t though. Like a bike that changes gear, but pausing for a moment if it feels clunky.

I was hoping him and Mkhi would switch flanks in 2nd half to have a better look/comparison how he'd fare.

Nelson had much better ball retention than Mhki.

His first touch was also superior to both Mhki and Auba. But I do agree a bit with your assessment.

He tends to be a bit mechanical/stiff with his movements. Doesn't seem free flowing or smooth all the time.

He can look pretty fluid one moment and pretty rigid the next.

He is still a very good talent because his technique is Arsenal level, plus his explosiveness on the ball can be a game changer.

I think his finishing and explosive acceleration are his best attributes as a footballer.

He really needs to hone both those attributes so they become real strengths in the first team for him.

Iceman10

Established Member
@jmsmtthw28 - I just don't see us going back to 3 CB's this season unless there is good reason to from a poor run of games. From what I recollect, all of our preseason was with a back 4.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yeah I dont remember us using the back three in pre season either, I went back three because Pepe was still not fit enough to start the game (I think) and a back four would mean Mkhi on the right most likely.

With a back four I would go:
Leno, AMN, Sokratis, Chambers/Luiz, Monreal, Torreira, Willock, Özil, Auba, Laca, Nelson (please)/Mkhi(more likely)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Ahh thought this was later in the day. Might miss our first home game...

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Surely he'd have to start Pepe, if he doesn't start I doubt he'd start next week either, Emery doesn't seem like the manager who would start him against a top side even if he is fit. He'd be close to match fit now you'd think.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I believe most other AFCON players that went deep in the competition started for their fellow clubs last week, a few of them at least.

Iceman10

Established Member
Have just seen the pre-match press conference. Was torture. Not because of Emery's English, but instead the tedious questions the members of the press were asking him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Surely he'd have to start Pepe, if he doesn't start I doubt he'd start next week either, Emery doesn't seem like the manager who would start him against a top side even if he is fit. He'd be close to match fit now you'd think.

I agree, same with Luiz, if they don't start today it would be difficult to start them vs Pool. Even if Pepe is subbed off later that would be ok.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I agree, same with Luiz, if they don't start today it would be difficult to start them vs Pool. Even if Pepe is subbed off later that would be ok.
I'm with you there, he'll more likely start his experienced players next week vs Liverpool probably even Sp**s the week after. which is why I want to see him start tonight, even if he only gets 60-70 minutes which if he does start I highly doubt he'd get the full 90 anyway.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Luiz may be different though as he does have PL experience & had it for years so he may be waiting to start him next week vs Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom