• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
MOTM by far today, has everything in his locker and even adds elite mentality on top of that.

Let's just hope Real still thinks Pogba is better than Ceballos when this season is over.
Even if Ceballos has an unreal season here and Pogba's is underwhelming, I can still see Real wanting Pogba because he's a big name with a big reputation and they'll think signing him will keep their fans pleased.
If this is what we're in for this season from Ceballos I really hope he enjoys it here and he himself wants to move permanently. He's the type of player we can build a team around.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Superb player, what a debut! Total contrast to Newcastle substitution performance.

I'm really happy we got him as Ramsey replacement, he seems like an upgrade even. We could not afford to buy more players, and no wonder Real didn't want to sell yet.

Good to have him even if we cannot sign him next summer. Great business to try to reach for the UCL spot.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Amazing to see him adjust to the league so quickly. Burnley is a good physical test. If he continues to ooze such class, it’ll lift the whole team (except Özil, who can focus on his fortnite career).

GunnerShy

Unreal today. Reminded me of Cazorla. Ball glued to his foot. The thing that really stood out is his constant movement to create space. We need him and another midfielder like him on a permanent deal.

Preacher

Always Crying

Q8gys0d.jpg
Q8gys0d.jpg
Q8gys0d.jpg

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wanted him after the u21 euros in 2017, Madrid snapped him up as he was that good. I think technically he is possibly the best CM in the world, laugh if you like but I don’t see any other midfielder with his ability in tight spaces.

No chance we get him full time, just enjoy greatness whilst he’s here.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Wanted him after the u21 euros in 2017, Madrid snapped him up as he was that good. I think technically he is possibly the best CM in the world, laugh if you like but I don’t see any other midfielder with his ability in tight spaces.

No chance we get him full time, just enjoy greatness whilst he’s here.

Cazorlas still playing mate ;) agree though, Ceballos ability in tight spaces is absolutely top drawer. Beautiful player to watch. Works hard, skilful and plays with his heart on his sleeve. Early days, but I’m loving what I’m seeing from Ceballos. We’ve lacked a technical CM since Santi’s left, so it’s good to have a proper baller in the middle of the park again. We’ll have that ***** Erlis in here soon saying Ceballos was average and Xhaka could have put it that performance on 1 leg and with his eyes closed.

darkgunner

Showed exactly why Özil is overrated. Ceballos isn't even one of the most highly rated attacking mids out there at the moment and yet he is capable of putting in this performance. Dunno if he can actually be consistent with it but I don't see any reason why he can't. It's still early in the season and he's only been here a few weeks, he should have a gear or two in reserve.

But Özil will never have that focus and intensity for a whole game. He'll give you 15-20 mins of it max, before he gives up and decides it is too much hard work.

Having a midfield with the likes of Xhaka and Özil is counterproductive against any team that are organised. All you have to do is to target Xhaka with a press and then overload the third midfielder, knowing that Özil won't do **** to help.

Gunner-Union

Completely press resistant. Great dribbling and passing but he also tracked back and tackled and harassed Burnley, very very good all round player. All mid have to help at both ends and he does it very well thus far

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Even if Ceballos has an unreal season here and Pogba's is underwhelming, I can still see Real wanting Pogba because he's a big name with a big reputation and they'll think signing him will keep their fans pleased.
If this is what we're in for this season from Ceballos I really hope he enjoys it here and he himself wants to move permanently. He's the type of player we can build a team around.

100% agree with this, they have players like Isco and Asensio who can barely get consistent game time throughout the season as they aren't 'shiny' enough for Real.

Real want a package for their main positions on the pitch; world class + marketable, they will never truly move away from the galatico stance and that could work in our favour.

Ashybashy86

Showed exactly why Özil is overrated. Ceballos isn't even one of the most highly rated attacking mids out there at the moment and yet he is capable of putting in this performance. Dunno if he can actually be consistent with it but I don't see any reason why he can't. It's still early in the season and he's only been here a few weeks, he should have a gear or two in reserve.

But Özil will never have that focus and intensity for a whole game. He'll give you 15-20 mins of it max, before he gives up and decides it is too much hard work.

Having a midfield with the likes of Xhaka and Özil is counterproductive against any team that are organised. All you have to do is to target Xhaka with a press and then overload the third midfielder, knowing that Özil won't do **** to help.
He could if others matched his effort level. He can’t do it on his own all the time. Even Alexis gave up at times when he saw no one else was trying as hard.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

100% agree with this, they have players like Isco and Asensio who can barely get consistent game time throughout the season as they aren't 'shiny' enough for Real.

Real want a package for their main positions on the pitch; world class + marketable, they will never truly move away from the galatico stance and that could work in our favour.

It's just tough when Ceballos is spanish. I'm content with having him this season. Don't want the disappointment that is quite likely if he is this good both ways whole season.

We can dream that they buy Pogba (which is likely at some point I think) & some others and we get to UCL. Ceballos will help a lot with these kind of performances towards the UCL spot, but better to expect Ceballos wants to ultimately be at Real and they keep him. Can't blaim him.

What is the deal with him having problem with Zidane? Just some stuff about wanting to start and not getting it yet?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Don’t you read the Özil thread? It’s all Emmerys fault. He is played in the wrong position. He is playing with inferior colleagues. He has a low immune system. Creative players are not expected to defend. We should have built a team around him, he would have flourished. His stats from X seasons ago are unparalleled. And finally and most importantly, he’s a lovely chap who gives loads to charity.

How much has Ceballos given to charity????

Gunner-Union

Don’t you read the Özil thread? It’s all Emmerys fault. He is played in the wrong position. He is playing with inferior colleagues. He has a low immune system. Creative players are not expected to defend. We should have built a team around him, he would have flourished. His stats from X seasons ago are unparalleled. And finally and most importantly, he’s a lovely chap who gives loads to charity.

How much has Ceballos given to charity????

Look at city all mids have to defend now and all forwards have to press and work hard

Keplaz

We have players who can also engage in the dark arts now. Ceballos might be silky but he has real steel.
He's the type of number 10 Emery likes. One who can press and win the ball early. For all his talent, Özil has to adapt now.

The day of Riquelme like number 10s who float around and don't do the dirty work are over. Trust Arsenal to give him a contract that means theres no incentive to evolve..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom