• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
3 academy players starting in a league game this early in the season as well as Guendouzi playing. Not many managers would put as much faith in youngsters, it's risky but you have to give credit to Emery for being so brave.
Yeah, he's under pressure too.

Has to win something this season

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Team wont bare much resemblance to the one we field in a couple of months time, so it's all about points at the moment. You wanted to see the youngsters? He plays them. You want scintillating football as well? You're asking too much at this point.

It's weird that we got 6 points while player youngsters, I thought Wenger said that you paid for playing youngsters with points?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How? His target is toi finish as high as he can in the league. If we get 4th, he wont be sacked. So who exactly will be pulling the trigger? AM? :lol:
his contract runs out at the end of the season iirc.

He's been supported by the management in the best way possible but he still plays very pragmatic football.

If he doesn't bring CL and/or a cup run, I'm pretty sure he won't be renewing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
his contract runs out at the end of the season iirc.

He's been supported by the management in the best way possible but he still plays very pragmatic football.

If he doesn't bring CL and/or a cup run, I'm pretty sure he won't be renewing.
CL will see him get an extension from the club imo. For me, it still might not be enough. I've said it before--there's always context to consider. If he scrapes 4th and we rarely look convincing along the way, or don't show significant improvement, I'll want him gone despite getting CL football.

Preacher

Always Crying
Beginning of the season with a makeshift team is all about maximum points collection. He is succeeding so far. Albeit we need to install better control of the matches asap. Opponents still manage to take too much shots.

Probably Liverpool will be too big of a test this early. Klopp has a team which is gelled already. We have too much injuries at the back and too much new players. Good news that we can't play worse than we did last season at Anfield.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I’ll reserve judgement until later in the season. But the way teams can still attack us so easily like last season doesn’t fill me with confidence, you can see the difference in quality but we don’t assert ourselves.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Robin van Persie on Arsenal: “It’s difficult to say because if you look at the teams under Wenger, Wenger’s teams always used to play from his philosophy. You see the same happening with Klopp & Guardiola at Liverpool & Man City, but with Emery I don’t really see his philosophy.”

“What is his philosophy? He’s changing a lot, he’s changing tactics a lot. It looks to me he’s changing his playing style based on the opponent. You need to form a basis from your own strengths.” [BT]

Didn't know snakes could understand football well.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
It was a better performance than last week, you got to hope we are building up our A game for the two upcoming matches where our star signings will be more upto speed.

Liverpool and Tottenham kinda look dodgy at this point too, so it'll probably be about who can get the off-season rust off quicker.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Defensively we still look piss poor, but if attack is going to be our best form of defence, then we’re nowhere near optimum, with two lightening fullbacks, a new winger and a very handy no.10–when he can be bothered—to get up to speed and return from injury. We need to duck and dive in the meantime.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We going to struggle next week if we dont get our tactical work right. Im hoping we make our midfield as press resistant as possible and that means not starting the likes of Xhaka and Torreira. Also, no playing out from the back, we are the weaker team and we must behave accordingly

Didn't know snakes could understand football well.

Spot on from Persie. This is going to cost us later into the season if Emery doesn't drop this idea of tactical chameleon.

Also Snakes are brilliant but Persie ain't one. But he still did everything right for his career and we should be proud of him!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Spot on from Persie. This is going to cost us later into the season if Emery doesn't drop this idea of tactical chameleon.

Also Snakes are brilliant but Persie ain't one. But he still did everything right for his career and we should be proud of him!

For once I agree with you, in addition to they youth stuff! About the bad rep of snakes I mean, they are very esoteric symbol. Rat would be better description, any other animals that fit? (I understand his decision of course, still clear betrayal.)

I wouldn't think you show yourself like this though, keep it up! Proud of Van Persie as an Arsenal fan after what he did. :rofl:

giphy.gif

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He’s spot on. He’s been here long enough and our football is still quite ****.

Hah, comparing Emery to Wenger who had 20 years to instill his philosophy to his teams? And Klopp or Pep who have had many years also?

"Long enough" :) 1 year with some very dodgy players starting out of necessity?

Basis is good to have, but modern manager will always change his tactics according to the opponent and situation. Not push forward like a bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom