• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
He is not a lw, he needs to play on the right side. Him crossing for laca and auba will bring goals.

Jakarta

Still early days. He will hopefully improve quickly by giving him a lot of mins in the prem.

Anyone remember Sterling in the season where Liverpool nearly won the league? He was very raw, had horrible shooting and composure at the start of the season. However, as the season wore on many parts of his game improved quickly.

So i'll be patient with my boy. His technique and intelligence is there for all to see......

Kingofthebongo

Anyone remember Sterling in the season where Liverpool nearly won the league? He was very raw, had horrible shooting and composure at the start of the season. However, as the season wore on many parts of his game improved quickly.
He was running rings around players though, clearly he was elite at that, but he was unable to put it all together. Nelson is more like a pass and move player, I'm not seeing his dribbling or powertranslating to this level yet.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Beat me to it, needs to replicate sterling's trajectory, he is even more talented in dribbling i bet

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Seems like he’s not the talent who’s gonna immediately make a name for himself.

That’s fine, a lot of young players don’t. He’ll get minutes this season in the Europa and gain experience.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
He has skill but his judgement is questionable largely because he is over-confident. He cost us a goal today.

Shame that goal was disallowed, it was a fine finish and would have changed the rating of his performance.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The tune would be different on here if his goal stood, what a finish.

Some youth players need patience, I think Nelson is gonna need that. He is behind Willock right now, but Willock got some games under hsi belt for us last season. So I'm willing to wait another 6 months before I expect anything from Nelson. EL and cups will help him a lot, he's being chucked in the deep end at the moment.

Arseshavin

Impressed me with some of his movement (especially the one where he ended up as lone forward for a moment and the one where he scored but the goal got ruled out) , his willingness to shoot when given the opportunity and his pace when he showed it. He also had one moment where he impressed me with his tracking back and winning back the ball on the flank. I think we're seeing just the tip of the ice berg in regards to him though. Seems to really understand the game, and could become a real linchpin player to the team creativity wise.

Last edited:

Willock was getting killed on here the same time last season and it went on for almost the whole season...

Lets see how Nelson develop and adjust to PL this season!

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I want to believe in him, I really do. But atm he doesn’t seem ready. Perhaps he'll grow with every match

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I want to believe in him, I really do. But atm he doesn’t seem ready. Perhaps he'll grow with every match
Second game in bro, delay the worrying for another half season :lol:.

It could be next season where we really see Reiss impress. I am willing to wait and give him his chance. All the signs are there at the moment in terms of his one touch football, he just needs to learn the league a little better.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Reiss will be fine. Too talented of a player to be a flop. He will improve greatly with Tierney giving him proper overlapping runs, that opens the game up for him and forces the opposing fullback to make a choice. I think he needs to sit down with Ljungberg and work on his runs, he’s a pacey player but he barely uses it.

You have to remember, attacking players are probably the hardest to progress from attacking football because most clubs are not patient to players who don’t have end product. But I reckon he has the mentality and the edge to be an effective player for us. If his goal stood, the tone here would be very different but unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be. His confidence is low and it shows but he needs time.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Think there's a fair amount of hoping he's better than he's actually showing going on here.

Perhaps he will add a level or two to his game as he is young, but seemingly both him and Willock are carrying this weird youth-related overrating. I still remember when people were on here saying JET was the next starting Arsenal CM.

Fact is, some of these kids won't be good enough and it isn't a problem if that turns out to be the case.

FluffyDoozi

I know it sounds cliche but he just doesn't have that X Factor to his game in the way Hudson Odoi, Sancho or Sterling had. Not even worried about the end product, just the general play seems lacking.
Think either Saka or Martinelli will be our starting left winger by the start of next season.
Would be happy either way if any of the three make it to the top level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom