• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Out of Willock, Nelson and AMN, Willock is the only one who may well keep his place when everyone is fit. Nelson is getting good exp and AMN is proving to be very good cover. For me though Willock is the one shinning and doing a very good job of it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well one of the Willock brothers has to make it big or football will have failed. Once he gets that man strength in a year or two he’ll be even better.

Seen some comparisons to Toure on Twitter, not sure about that but it is rare for a big lad to be so good on the ball, that’s the attacker in him coming out I guess.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

First things first every Hale End graduate is going to be technically sound and capable of playing/training with our first team. I expect plenty of them to break through but it's the ones who have a mature game that will rack up the minutes.

That's what I like about Joe, there were only a handful of instances where he showed his youthful inexperience and he's got that blend of technique and athleticism that almost guarantees you a PL career. While common opinion is that he's not the most 'talented' prospect I think the experience he's going to gain this season will close that gap.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends this season as an established first team player.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Wonder if these are fruits of Jonkers' work, because per and freddie are fairly new in the youth set up. The Dutch guys were the ones who did the revamp. @MutableEarth what is your take bro?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I thought last season, he looked the least promising of our senior youth prospects. What a turnaround over the last few months. He's so much better than I realised. He's pacier,stronger and has sone good ideas as well as a gratuity in game maturity. We will need to watch his schedule to protect him from over playing, but I think he and Ceballos have unique qualities that can't be replaced. I hope Willock stays fit and has,a great season. He can also talk his brothers into returning home.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Beast in the making. Keeps the ball, passes forward, breaks the press (risky one-two with Guendo outside of our box), dribbles, tackles...

When he stars those runs from deep the teams will be ****ting themselves. It won't be as easy for teams to commit to pressing us with Willock and Ceballos at the heart with that firepower upfront.

I believe Willock was in Emery's plans already at the end of last season, as he mentioned him when talking that he'll look to replace Ramsey internally.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Hopefully Emery doesn't over work him this season. It's important for fans to be patient too.

He is gonna have some poor games, hopefully the pitchforks and torches don't come out. It's clear he has the size, technique and athleticism to make it here.

He also has a very strong mentality which might be the biggest thing he has over the rest of the prospects coming in.

I really think Willock and even Smith Rowe (who I think is a little overrated) have all the qualities to be complete players if they keep developing properly.

Tbh I don't think we'll see the best of Joe till he is like 22/23, by then he'll hopefully have filled out his frame and would already have so much experience. He just has to stay healthy and motivated.

Smail

we need Joes energy en tenacity in the middle of the park against a very hard working liverpool midfield. hopefully ceballos' close ball control will help getting out of the press and start dangerous counter attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom