• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Amazing feeling having him on the pitch, you know that he doesn't need to many opportunities before he scores. First striker since Van Persie I've had that feeling with. He's a constantly danger due to his movement and pace. Also, just in case there's still any idiots left who think he's a tap in merchant, well he proved them wrong yet again just like he did plenty of times last season.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A lot of them are stocky fatsos. I think the much leaner Auba has a better chance of maintaining his output through the middle thirties. It's also why I don't think Özil will suffer from a loss of form for a few more years.

Özil has already suffered from a loss of form...

say yes

forum master baiter
Don’t think he had a particularly good game today, looks sharp physically but he ruined more than a few attacks with some really poor touches.

Great goal though. Really looking forward to watching this front 3 gel.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He such intelligent finisher great start it was coming he waa having top pre-season

OSBK

Established Member
Playing from that left he is unreal, he is not far from henry level. On the right he is terrible, its not his position at all and you can tell he doesnt like rw.

Last edited:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Pure goalscoring brilliance. Should be playing CF IMO.

How is this still up for debate?
Aubameyang is the same player, performs the same whether he plays CF or as a winger.
He gets you goals, wherever you play him. That's what he does.

He doesn't have the qualities to be a lone striker by himself. He didn't have a better game last week because he was playing as a CF.
His link up play is not good enough to play as a CF by himself.

Whereas Lacazette is far better, has far more impact with all the work he does for the team. But Auba is a much much better goalscorer.

Both compliment each other very well.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Aubameyang is the same player, performs the same whether he plays CF or as a winger.

He doesn't have the qualities to be a lone striker by himself. He didn't have a better game last week because he was playing as a CF.

Whereas Lacazette is far better, has far more impact with all the work he does for the team. But Auba is a much much better goalscorer.

Lacazette doesn't even make runs into the box while Aubameyang is constantly getting in goal scoring positions. Playing him on the wing makes him get involved in the play too early which messes up our counter attacks, we need to be more aggressive in how we attack rather than having to slow it down for Lacazette's fatass.

They don't really compliment each other that well people just buying into PR bromance nonsense, if they did we wouldn't have finished 6th & 5th.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

With each passing game he kind of puts this 'must play CF' arguement to bed. He played CF last week and scored, played LW this week and scored.

Just seems to score regardless, we'll see over the course of the season.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Lacazette doesn't even make runs into the box while Aubameyang is constantly getting in goal scoring positions. Playing him on the wing makes him get involved in the play too early which messes up our counter attacks, we need to be more aggressive in how we attack rather than having to slow it down for Lacazette's fatass.

They don't really compliment each other that well people just buying into PR bromance nonsense, if they did we wouldn't have finished 6th & 5th.

yeah sure our results have nothing to do with our terrible defending, we've missed the CL twice because auba and laca don't compliment each other well :lol:

it's not like they both assist each other a lot, or play better when they play together...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Disagree, he is far more dangerous at CF. He looked more dangerous vs Newcastle than he did yesterday, for his goal he had to move into the middle. I know the front 3 should be fluid but I'd prefer them to be fluid with Auba & 2 proper wide players. I think by next summer we'll have sold Laca and brought in a proper wide player.

Tir Na Nog

Auba can't play as a lone CF despite doing it for 3 and a half seasons at Dortmund post Lewandowski we scored a huge number of goals.

Also if one of Laca or Auba NEEDS a striker partner then it's defo Laca. Laca doesn't make enough runs in behind and just isn't anywhere near prolific enough to be a lone CF at a big club. The only reason we needed to play both last season was due to lack of options, no other goal threats, no ball carriers out wide or in attacking midfield positions so it was essential that both played. Now with guys like Ceballos able to carry the ball and create, Pepe really explosive, capable of carrying the ball, creating and scoring and then we've got Nelson, ESR and Martnelli all vying for a spot on the left side of our attack there's no reason why 1. Auba shouldn't be effective as the CF and 2. Laca is guaranteed a starting spot through necessity. Now if none of those 3 youngsters kick on then of course Laca will be given starts as we'll need output. But to suggest Auba can't play as a lone CF or that Laca is better in that regard is ridiculous.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Amazing feeling having him on the pitch, you know that he doesn't need to many opportunities before he scores. First striker since Van Persie I've had that feeling with. He's a constantly danger due to his movement and pace. Also, just in case there's still any idiots left who think he's a tap in merchant, well he proved them wrong yet again just like he did plenty of times last season.

Honestly the 'tap-in merchant' thing is just for clueless posters who don't understand positioning and movement.

I remember on here when good ol' Nicklas Bendtner was being criticised for scoring 9 in 11 (or something around that) but because a few of them were tap-ins they were somehow less good.

If Auba is showing such good movement that he's on the end of a tap-in, he should be praised for making his job, which is finishing chances, so much easier for himself and therefore creating success for the team.

Obviously Auba has more to his game than just tap-ins but it really is an odd criticism.

Tir Na Nog

Auba will be a goal threat even if he plays out wide but the team would be so much better with Auba through the middle and an actual wide play on the left. Here's hoping Nelson, ESR or Martnelli can nail down a spot.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Auba can't play as a lone CF despite doing it for 3 and a half seasons at Dortmund post Lewandowski we scored a huge number of goals.

Also if one of Laca or Auba NEEDS a striker partner then it's defo Laca. Laca doesn't make enough runs in behind and just isn't anywhere near prolific enough to be a lone CF at a big club. The only reason we needed to play both last season was due to lack of options, no other goal threats, no ball carriers out wide or in attacking midfield positions so it was essential that both played. Now with guys like Ceballos able to carry the ball and create, Pepe really explosive, capable of carrying the ball, creating and scoring and then we've got Nelson, ESR and Martnelli all vying for a spot on the left side of our attack there's no reason why 1. Auba shouldn't be effective as the CF and 2. Laca is guaranteed a starting spot through necessity. Now if none of those 3 youngsters kick on then of course Laca will be given starts as we'll need output. But to suggest Auba can't play as a lone CF or that Laca is better in that regard is ridiculous.

different league mate. different footballing culture. Everytime I've watched Dortmund play when they had Aubameyang the opposition was leaving a ton of space and Auba really thrived there.

at arsenal it's not the same story. the defenders are much more physical. our opponents sits very deep.

He has a lot of meh performances in an arsenal shirt playing as a lone striker.

Disagree, he is far more dangerous at CF. He looked more dangerous vs Newcastle than he did yesterday, for his goal he had to move into the middle. I know the front 3 should be fluid but I'd prefer them to be fluid with Auba & 2 proper wide players. I think by next summer we'll have sold Laca and brought in a proper wide player.

I really didn't think he had a great game against Newcastle even though he scored a fantastic goal, as he did yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom