• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
It depends on the opponent and Emery selected playing style. Sometimes Auba should be lone CF, sometimes should be on the wing with Lacazette supporting him, sometimes they should be together on top.
Posters who say that Auba looks best as lone CF no matter what aren't correct.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Well so far this season:

Vs Newcastle
Big chances: 1
Goals: 1
xG: 0.73
Penalty area touches: 7
Shots: 4
Shots inside the box: 4

Vs Burnley
xG: 0.15
Penalty area touches: 5
Shots inside the box: 1

Very small sample size, make of it what you will.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Well so far this season:

Vs Newcastle
xG: 0.73
Penalty area touches: 7
Shots inside the box: 4

Vs Burnley
xG: 0.15
Penalty area touches: 5
Shots inside the box: 1

Very small sample size, make of it what you will.
How does xG work, against Burnley he had one chance inside the box where the ball bounced up and he took it on the volley, that surely was a 100% chance??

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
How does xG work, against Burnley he had one chance inside the box where the ball bounced up and he took it on the volley, that surely was a 100% chance??
That pass from Pepe?
It’s just an average from a large amount of shots recorded from a certain position. Other variables such as if it’s a header or shot, angle, amount of players between the ball and goal, shot placement etc are also taken into consideration depending on the model.

Last edited:

razörist

That pass from Pepe?
It’s just an average from a large amount of goals recorded from a certain position. Other variables such as if it’s a header or shot, angle, amount of players between the ball and goal, shot placement etc are also taken into consideration depending on the model.
Ahhh thanks!

This was the chance:
t28vlq4r.png

I would think this is a pretty good position and high chance for a goal.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Ahhh thanks!

This was the chance:
t28vlq4r.png

I would think this is a pretty good position and high chance for a goal.
It is, but the angle isn’t the best and there’s also a player there trying to block the shot which lowers the xG. If the xG is 0.1 for that chance like preacher is saying then it means that the average striker scores in 1/10 attempts from there with a player trying to block it.

razörist

It is, but the angle isn’t the best and there’s also a player there trying to block the shot which lowers the xG. If the xG is 0.1 for that chance like preacher is saying then it means that the average striker scores in 1/10 attempts from there with a player trying to block it.
Thanks for explaining. So a quality striker would outperform his xG. Can we find Auba/Laca’s xG for the whole of last season to compare to their actual numbers?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Thanks for explaining. So a quality striker would outperform his xG. Can we find Auba/Laca’s xG for the whole of last season to compare to their actual numbers?
A quality finisher*. Auba is a slightly below average finisher according to xG but he gets on the end of great chances at an insane rate. He’s still a great striker of course.
I think you can find them in that site linked above.

razörist

A quality finisher*. Auba is a slightly below average finisher according to xG but he gets on the end of great chances at an insane rate. He’s still a great striker of course.
I think you can find them in that site linked above.
Found it! I don’t understand this at all, Mkhi’s open goal chance against newcastle was rated a 0.10 xG ....

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
different league mate. different footballing culture. Everytime I've watched Dortmund play when they had Aubameyang the opposition was leaving a ton of space and Auba really thrived there.

at arsenal it's not the same story. the defenders are much more physical. our opponents sits very deep.

He has a lot of meh performances in an arsenal shirt playing as a lone striker.

I really didn't think he had a great game against Newcastle even though he scored a fantastic goal, as he did yesterday.

He didn't have a great game in either tbh but I thought he looked more likely to score in the Newcastle game. Yesterday we should have scored more as a team but their keeper made some good saves, I don't think they were from Auba though. Anyway, the Auba or Laca as CF argument will go on until one of them leaves. I prefer our No1 CF, Auba, whereas others prefer our No2 CF, Laca :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom