• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,224
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerUK

Heard one of the French journos say that their big players like Pogba, Griezmann etc think playing for PSG would be bad for their marketing; that they need to be playing in the PL or one of the big 2 in Spain.

Have to agree. PSG just don’t have that wow factor about them. Yawn club.

It’s why Neymar is looking for the exit and Mbappe ain’t far behind.

Whoever secures Kylian in the next few years are made. Can only dream it will be Arsenal but always seen him going to Real Madrid

Reactions: A_G

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

EXCLUSIVE: Sp**s have offered in excess of £200,000 a week - but Dane won't even enter into talks with North London club

must be really desperate to get out of there
Why are they baffled? He would have been on £200k already if he was at a proper club.

Every single minute he runs down his deal he is increasing his next pay package, he has Sp**s by the balls and I love it.

Hopefully he leaves as a free agent to Madrid next summer along with Pogba and they no longer need Ceballos ;).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not sure what this Eriksen to Real narrative is all about, he's nowhere Real Madrid level.

As for Alexis leaving United, it's all well and good, he's finished but what if Rashford or Martial get injured? They've got no one else to come in? And it's not like Martial or Rashford are gonna get Aguero, Salah or Auba numbers as it is.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure what this Eriksen to Real narrative is all about, he's nowhere Real Madrid level.

As for Alexis leaving United, it's all well and good, he's finished but what if Rashford or Martial get injured? They've got no one else to come in? And it's not like Martial or Rashford are gonna get Aguero, Salah or Auba numbers as it is.

Alexis was never going to be that guy who can cover Rashford/Martial to begin with. I can trust D.James/Mata/Greenwood/Lingard to replace Alexis's 2 goals a season.

Do we need to strengthen in attack? Yes definitely, but that's a completely different debate to selling Alexis who is never going to be capable of providing anything tangible for us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Alexis was never going to be that guy who can cover Rashford/Martial. I can trust D.James/Mata/Greenwood/Lingard to replace his 2 goals a season.

It's not just Alexis tho, it's Lukaku too. Yous have replaced neither of them. Daniel James is winger brought in from the championship, Mata is a midfielder who's past his best, Lingard is an attacking midfielder who'll not reach double figures and Greenwood is 17. That along with Rashford never proving to be the most prolific striker, neither has Martial and it's a huge gamble especially if one of those two get injured. It's amazing United didn't try to sign one other striker.

To me it seems like United will be very fortunate to still be in the top 4 hunt come April.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Alexis was never going to be that guy who can cover Rashford/Martial to begin with. I can trust D.James/Mata/Greenwood/Lingard to replace his 2 goals a season.

Do we need to strengthen in attack? Yes definitely, but that's a completely different debate to selling Alexis who is never going to be capable of providing anything tangible for us.

Greenwood’s supposed to be quality right? Heard good things.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

It's not just Alexis tho, it's Lukaku too. Yous have replaced neither of them. Daniel James is winger brought in from the championship, Mata is a midfielder who's past his best, Lingard is an attacking midfielder who'll not reach double figures and Greenwood is 17. That along with Rashford never proving to be the most prolific striker, neither has Martial and it's a huge gamble especially if one of those two get injured. It's amazing United didn't try to sign one other striker.

To me it seems like United will be very fortunate to still be in the top 4 hunt come April.

We need to strengthen, I don't disagree with you but the point was on selling Alexis and that doesn't change anything for us - his role in the team is easily replaceable and he doesn't contribute to begin with. His boots are easy to fill.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Greenwood’s supposed to be quality right? Heard good things.

I would go as far as saying the best prospect we've had since Giggs. I like Rashford but he can't lace Greenwood's boots in terms of youth talent. In terms of playing style he gets a lot of comparisons to Van Persie. He smashed it in pre-season (made Škriniar look like a child, doing roulettes all aronud him) and it's only a matter of time until he gets his chance even though he's 17. Even for his age his game is really polished.

(Pre-season highlights)

A lot can change between now and the time he properly breaks through but he's got great temperament.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hopefully we can get some Lukaku level money from Inter for him.

Problem is, Lukaku played, wasn't constantly injured and scored some goals. He is also experienced plus kinda young.

The goals per match compared last season was Lukaku 175 minutes/goal, and Alexis 877 minutes/goal, with assists a bit better.

Alexis is constantly injured, soon 31, on humongous wages and doesn't perform. Also a bad influence in dressing room.

Even Mustafi looks like a better deal to teams I bet if you can compare different positions. And that is unbelievable to hear from my own mouth to think any deal can be worse than Mustafi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom