• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
In the final seasons of Wenger’s reign I felt nothing but pure unadulterated apathy towards the club.

Not for a moment suggesting we can challenge for the title, top four isn’t even guaranteed, but with a new manager and especially the signings this window I feel completely re-invigorated.

Which I guess is all the suits upstairs wanted really. Not having a dig at Wenger per se, he just hung around too long - he has admitted that since. And yeah, I danced in the streets of north London the night Wiltord tucked that chance away at OT, nothing will ever diminish those memories.
Our entire management, including Wenger, just watched by, as the game went past us. The mistakes they have been making is symbolised by just one statement that they made often -"We only buy players who we think can improve our squad"
So what's wrong with that? They were wasting too much time picking and choosing players when the truth is that there is no way to predict if a player is going to work for us or not. So modern football doesn't work that way. You buy 5 players. Two will do well. Sell the remaining three immediately at the same price you bought.
We did neither. We were wasting a lot of time in the market buying only 1/2 players. If the player doesn't do well, our management just won't give up. For them, it turned out to be a matter of ego. They just can't accept that a player they bought turned out to be bad. So they keep giving chances till the contract runs out. Either it is ego, or Wenger just gets emotionally attached to the players that he doesn't consider it ethical to sell them. When did we sell players and make money when they were bad? We sold only when a player wanted to move out. Mediocre and downright poor players can always get away with their poor performances. They knew they won't be sold anyway. That is what eventually screwed up our club culture. Players were just having fun. No one gave a **** about winning.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Our entire management, including Wenger, just watched by, as the game went past us. The mistakes they have been making is symbolised by just one statement that they made often -"We only buy players who we think can improve our squad"
So what's wrong with that? They were wasting too much time picking and choosing players when the truth is that there is no way to predict if a player is going to work for us or not. So modern football doesn't work that way. You buy 5 players. Two will do well. Sell the remaining three immediately at the same price you bought.
We did neither. We were wasting a lot of time in the market buying only 1/2 players. If the player doesn't do well, our management just won't give up. For them, it turned out to be a matter of ego. They just can't accept that a player they bought turned out to be bad. So they keep giving chances till the contract runs out. Either it is ego, or Wenger just gets emotionally attached to the players that he doesn't consider it ethical to sell them. When did we sell players and make money because they were bad? It was always a matter of players wanting a move out. Mediocre and downright poor players can always get away with their poor performances. That is what eventually screwed up our club culture. Players were just having fun. No one gave a **** about winning.

Sorry for the rant.
Thats why the less wenger players we have the better. Look at Kos in the end with his piss poor mentality, its weak and thats why we have fallen behind.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Thats why the less wenger players we have the better. Look at Kos in the end with his piss poor mentality, its weak and thats why we have fallen behind.
What Kos did pretty much sums up everything. He was here for ten years watching the club bend down for everyone. He thought he could do the same. Happy that the club stood up eventually. It would have been awesome if the club had given Cech a spanking for talking with Chelsea before the final too. Anyway, better late than never.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
You started by quoting my post which was about that I care about performane by saying you didnt care abouy performance like I really cared for that opinion.

Performances are important to me. You play well and you play good attacking football against smaller teams and its good preparation against bigger teams.

We need to play better than results show if we want to stand a chance against Liverpool next weekend.

And again I can simply tell you I don't care about your opinion and discard it in response. Problem is you are posting on a public forum, and if you don't care about anyone else's opinion then you should perhaps keep your own opinions to yourself, lest you become a hypocrite.

And again I can simply tell you I don't care about your opinion and discard it in response. Problem is you are posting on a public forum, and if you don't care about anyone else's opinion then you should perhaps keep your own opinions to yourself, lest you become a hypocrite.

Ok I care about performances and you don't care about them.

Good for you.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Ok I care about performances and you don't care about them.

Good for you.

That's actually not even what I said, but I guess you're more set on 'winning' than actually achieving anything with this discussion.

Let me tell you my position so its clear.

If you win the game, the performance is less relevant.
If you lose the game, the performance needs to be analysed so you can turn the result into a win in the next game.

It really is this simple.

That's actually not even what I said, but I guess you're more set on 'winning' than actually achieving anything with this discussion.

If you lose the game, the performance needs to be analysed so you can turn the result into a win in the next game.

I will have to disagree here. I think you always need to analyse the performance, win or lose. Am I happy with the win? Of course. But I still want to see improvement on the performance and I still think both manager and players can do better.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Just now, in the other thread, you were saying that even though we won, we need Xhaka in the midfield. Here you are speaking the other way around. Which one should we believe?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
But you aren't, you're fighting against opinions I don't have and points I didn't make. But keep at it if it makes you feel good.
I just quoted your post and gave a response to every line of it in the Xhaka thread. You still ended up calling it a strawman argument. And here you are, speaking completely opposite to what you a saying in that thread.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I just quoted your post and gave a response to every line of it in the Xhaka thread. You still ended up calling it a strawman argument. And here you are, speaking completely opposite to what you a saying in that thread.

How so? And try not to strawman.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm confused. Is constructive criticism a dead concept here? Does one only have to be either happy with the result and nothing else matters or down on the manager with refusal to acknowledge the glaring positives?

I don't understand what the big deal is. We won, it was a good win with a few underlying issues that may creep up on us similarly to last season. We can be happy with the result and aspects of the performance and concerned about other areas of our performance that could affect our season going forward.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
How so? And try not to strawman.
You just have to open the other thread to see that I quoted your post and replied to every line of it. I don't know how that is called strawman argument. You either don't know it's meaning or you just want to distract the argument.
We had Willock and Ceballos having a good game and we won. Still you want Xhaka along with a player like Mascheranhas in our team, which is fine, if you feel that combination will work. And here you are, saying that we should not analyse or criticise because we won the match.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bit unfair to judge the teams and Emery’s progression when the new players haven’t even settled yet, nor do we even have our first choice full backs on either side.

At least he is putting faith in the younger players, something that’s been missing for far too long.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
still early days to say anything ..we are strong up front and weak at the back... We won two games by a goal, but they weren't really unexpected results... Its still easy for teams to stroll through our centre and panic our centrebacks... Emery still goes into his shell of timidity at the first chance... top 4 seems the height of our ambition ...

lets see how this season goes... If we get rid of doozi and torreira from our midfield, we should move up a gear...

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Emery starting three 19 years old two games in a row, kind of funny considering all the talk about Emery not playing youth. I don't think Wenger would have done the same.

Honestly can't remember the last time Wenger played so many youngsters in a game that wasn't a dead rubber. It's literally the beginning of the season and Emery is showing remarkable faith in lads like Willock, Nelson and Guendouzi. You have to admire the bravery. The Arsène Wenger of his last few years in charge would usually just through in an Elneny because he'd see him more as the "safe" option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom