• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nacho Monreal (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
It is overrated by the people who value physical ability more than technical and underrated by the people who love technical brilliance.
I don't know how every thread where this guy posts something becomes a thread in which people need to **** on Cazorla. If you don't like Cazorla, just enjoy Xhaka and you'll be fine

We never get to Enjoy him because we constantly have to defend him ffs.

And I never start **** about Cazorla, im just tired of the constant nostalgia about him, IF you are going to be nostalgic why not Bring Up Paddy?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We never get to Enjoy him because we constantly have to defend him ffs.

And I never start **** about Cazorla, im just tired of the constant nostalgia about him, IF you are going to be nostalgic why not Bring Up Paddy?
Because I was never a fan of Paddy, Gilberto, Parlour, Petit or any player of that type. I'm a fan of players with magic in them, and Cazorla was one of them. That's what I was trying to explain with my post, people like me will appreciate Santi (Iniesta, Modric, Silva), people who like a good fight on the pitch will love players like Paddy.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
The more time passes since he last kicked a ball for us and the less people actually see him play the last games of his career for his current (or next) club, the more overrated he becomes the little brat! Always liked him as a player but the weaknesses in his game are typical of all things wrong with Arsenal FC while he was here.

The little brat? What a strange comment to make. Why exactly is he a little brat?

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
We arsenal fans love polarizing over no reason. Must be the queue phenomenon, people love to get in line as soon as they see one, only then to ask what they are waiting for

thierrytheking14

Because I was never a fan of Paddy, Gilberto, Parlour, Petit or any player of that type. I'm a fan of players with magic in them, and Cazorla was one of them. That's what I was trying to explain with my post, people like me will appreciate Santi (Iniesta, Modric, Silva), people who like a good fight on the pitch will love players like Paddy.
Mate what are you talking about? Vieira was an all round class midfielder. Putting him in the same bracket as Gilberto, Petit and Parlour is an insult. The man had powerful driving runs, skill, a good shot on him.

Were you an Arsenal fan when he was in his pomp? You have him labelled as some sort of physical DM who just like to 'put it about' which is just plain wrong.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Time to lock this until we will get news. Looks like that he will stay for the final season.

Why?

Kola is back

Tierney will be here soon and as Hector is back soon AMN can fill in at LB again to

Holding is also back soon so we dont need the cover at CB

And I sure as hell dont want us to play 3 att the back...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

This is a sport, winning is all that should matter.

Paddy et al are the best winners we had

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Nacho be keeping his place in a back four until Tierney is ready based on what we've seen this season.

From a 20minute appearance out of position?

If Auba plays LW like he should we need more going forward than what Monreal can provide.
people say that Kola isnt that accurate with his crosses, and that may be true, but now with a front trio there should be more players in the box.

Playing 3 at midfield makes it easier to slot back and cover to.

If Luiz (or chambers/holding and the newish formation of midfield) shores up the defense the cracks you think you see in Kolas game just might be papered over.

And it wouldnt be me if I didnt include a dig at Monreal to, it is my my carthage must burn.

It is not what he does that irks me, it is what he doesnt, as Ive stated before, alibi-player.
He plays it safe too much, lets others take the fall

ASIF

Nacho in the 2 games till now has looked solid and his old self.Tierney is out for 2 months and Nacho Monreal is not just going to give his place in the team without a fight.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
And at the age of 23 (in Dani's case), which is about the age where most would have just graduated from college and are about to enter the real world for the first time. Going to a new country at that age, with little to no friends to lean on, not knowing the language or culture will be a daunting proposition for many.

Luiz should benefit Martinelli similarly, being a mentor for him, especially since Luiz was a key player for the national team as well which should garner him more respect. Sure, it may be overstated, and Ceballos and Martinelli may have the personalities to adapt perfectly fine, but having a compatriot won't hurt.

This is why cliques tend to form in these environments, because you are likely to gravitate to those you feel most comfortable with, and having the same background/nationality/language will make it easier to feel at home.
This is so true. Wilshere can't bear to leave London and lots of players like to stay in certain regions. Ramsey will no doubt gravitate towards
Woj who speaks English. A mentor is no bad thing at any time.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

This type of black and white thinking is very limited.

It's possible to think Vieira was great, Iniesta was great and Cazorla was just good. You don't have to fall into some basic sort of thought camp of either you like cloggers or magicians

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I am not happy tbh. He is a useful player and can play in the center as well. Far better than Kolasinac both in defense and attack. It's stupid to let him go for 5 or 10m. He can be Tierney's back for 2-3 years ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom