• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We should be beating Sp**s at home, and I think we will.

The Liverpool game is the one we are probably going to lose, and to be honest we shouldnt be doing so. Emery is tactical astute and should be adjusting our play to nullify their strengths.

Long story short, we cannot afford to be playing the Arsenal way just yet. Its about gathering as many points as possible and getting back home to the Champions League.

For us to play our style again, we will need more players but more importantly a higher level manager.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah there is no excuses for not beating Sp**s at home.

Big games are a crap shoot though. Look at City yesterday, nothing they could’ve done more to win.

Key games are the likes of Watford away, too many times last year we’d put in a limp showing on the road and get nothing. That’s what will get us top 4.

Too much stock is placed in big 6 games, Sp**s lost 7 of 10 last year but still finished fourth.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Big games are a crap shoot though. Look at City yesterday, nothing they could’ve done more to win.

Key games are the likes of Watford away, too many times last year we’d put in a limp showing on the road and get nothing. That’s what will get us top 4.

Too much stock is placed in big 6 games, Sp**s lost 7 of 10 last year but still finished fourth.

If all you're aiming for is top 4 then yeah, it's really the games vs Watford et al away that matter more. If you want to win the title, you really have to win 'em all now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Exactly, last season we didn't fail to finish top 4 because we lost to Chelsea away or stuff like that, it's the Palace home and away games where we only took 1 point, or Brighton home and away where we took just 2 points where we should be taking 12 points. Even Wolves at home we drew. West Ham away, Southampton away. Those are the games we should be winning first and foremost.

Smail

I get the 07-08 vibe, when Henry left and we had a monster season with sexy football (rosicky-hleb-fabregas). I hope we will have the same kind of season and suprise everyone and challenge. At least we dont have gallas anymore who cried on the pitch

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If all you're aiming for is top 4 then yeah, it's really the games vs Watford et al away that matter more. If you want to win the title, you really have to win 'em all now.

Depends on the year. Utd won in 2008/09 but didn’t win a game against the other top four teams and lost three of six.

Tir Na Nog

Depends on the year. Utd won in 2008/09 but didn’t win a game against the other top four teams and lost three of six.

They did beat Chelsea 3-0 but yes this is a fair point.

Also think back to the 13/14 season for Chelsea where they beat Liverpool home/away and City home/away but ended up finishing behind both of them because of losses to Palace, Villa and Sunderland toward the end of the season. The very next season they drew vs City home/away but finished above them and won the title. Or Leicester losing to us home/away but still winning the title and finishing 10 points ahead of us.

There should never be a lot of emphasis put on a single game in terms of the importance of it outwith local pride in derby for instance. Beating Man City at the Etihad and beating Norwich at home will still only be 3 points either way.

Tir Na Nog

There's also a lot to be said for winning the "big game" backfiring on a team. In that 13/14 season Liverpool beat City and they think they've won the title. In the end City win the title. Or similar in 2009 when they beat United 4-1 at OT but still lose out on the title. Us vs Leicester in 2016 literally celebrated like we clinched the title and lost out. Sp**s beating us 2-1 at the Lane was meant to decide top 4 in 2013 but we still finished ahead of them.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
City will win the league and it will between us, Pool and Sp**s fighting it for the next 3 spots.

I don't believe Everton, Utd, Chelsea, Wolves, Hammers and LCFC have the quality to make and will be fighting for EL spots btween themselves.

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
City will winnthe league and it will between us, Pool and Sp**s fighting it for the next 3 spots.

I don't believe Everton, Utd, Chelsea, Wolves, Hammers and LCFC have the quality to make and will be fighting for EL spots btween themselves.
Three clubs fighting for three spots seems easy? Surely utd/chelsea are in the fight too?

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

United are the only team that could take us out of the top 4 and even then, I'm not convinced they are a threat. A pretty solid performance against a dreadful Chelsea side who will struggle to finish in the Top 6.. Ill grant them that. We will know better about their credentials after the Wolves game.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
United are the only team that could take us out of the top 4 and even then, I'm not convinced they are a threat. A pretty solid performance against a dreadful Chelsea side who will struggle to finish in the Top 6.. Ill grant them that. We will know better about their credentials after the Wolves game.
I don't think United will have the steam. Their first XI could be effective but their squad over the course of the entire season is just poor.

Their bench options are terrible compared to ours when everyone is fully fit, so even if they get going well and stay solid I think we will be too good.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It’s a tired old cliche “There are no easy games in the Premiership”. But watching match day 1 & 2 ... the quality of teams outside the traditional big names has stepped up - even over last season. Anyone can take points off anyone, underestimate the so called “lesser” sides at your extreme peril. *

We are going to have to put in a serious shift to get even top four in this league of ours.

(* apart from the Toon, they look like a bag of sh1te)

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
a lot of the angst and vitriol has died down. Fans have accepted that we are no longer a big club. Fans ambitions and aims are now realistic and top4 seems to be a good enough target. This acceptance was not possible with Wenger around, but with him gone, its mentally easier to accept things have changed.

we now go into Liverpool as underdogs ..and maybe this will help us. Its better to be realistic and plan and build from there.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
a lot of the angst and vitriol has died down. Fans have accepted that we are no longer a big club. Fans ambitions and aims are now realistic and top4 seems to be a good enough target. This acceptance was not possible with Wenger around, but with him gone, its mentally easier to accept things have changed.

we now go into Liverpool as underdogs ..and maybe this will help us. Its better to be realistic and plan and build from there.

What?

We are still a big club. We may have had a **** team the last few years, but we're still a big club. Talk to me when we've spent decades in the Europa League or under it. We also were a big club BEFORE Wenger, so I dunno what you're even talking about there.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

What?

We are still a big club. We may have had a **** team the last few years, but we're still a big club. Talk to me when we've spent decades in the Europa League or under it. We also were a big club BEFORE Wenger, so I dunno what you're even talking about there.

word

Latest posts+

Top Bottom