• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If Pepe has fitness/stamina issues would it be totally wrong to play Dani at RW? Surely he played there in Spain?

Leno
AMN,Sok,Luiz, Kola
Willock, Torreira, Xkaka
Dani, Laca, Auba

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If Pepe has fitness/stamina issues would it be totally wrong to play Dani at RW? Surely he played there in Spain?

Leno
AMN,Sok,Luiz, Kola
Willock, Torreira, Xkaka
Dani, Laca, Auba

Nah would go Nelson or Pepe depending on fitness, you want to use our pace to try help pin their full-backs back or at least be wary of the counter.

Keep Dani at 10.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I don't envy Unai having to pick this team.

Mine:

Leno
AMN
David Luiz
Papa
Nacho
Douzi
Torreira
Ceballos
Pepe
Laca
Aubameyang

As mentioned previously, their midfield is critical to their press due to high work rate and mobility but they aren't fantastic footballers (nor does Klopp need them to be). I think Guendouzi can give us that stability in midfield and draw fouls when under pressure. Ceballos has the composure to cope with it also. Torreira in there for defensive grit and energy around the box.

Even if we play fantastically, we could still come away with nothing. The positives for us is that Salah hasn't quite hit top form and they've been off the pace defensively so far - there will be chances for us.

We shouldn't be playing short out from the back all that often. This isn't because I don't want us to do that in most games - I do. I think we are capable of it. But we have to accept we are playing one of the best pressing sides in Europe and should seek to use our advantages to get the ball up the pitch. They tend to operate with a flat midfield 3 so there should be spaces to loft the ball to Auba against TAA or play channel balls into the half spaces. We can't afford to lose the ball in our own final third as this will give them impetus and confidence.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Arsenal fans before the game: "Liverpool aren't that great, we can get a result at Anfield this time!"
Arsenal fans after the game: "We could have won, but stupid mistakes costed us the game, Pool didn't deserve to score 5 goals!".

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Feeling we have 20% chance to win it. Liverpool look like vulnerable at this time. We should come away with at least a point.

My line up would be:
Leno
AMN - Papa - Luiz - Nacho
Torreira - Guendouzi
Ceballos
Pepe-Auba-Nelson/Martinelli

Mostly we are going to be on the back foot due to their winger + FB attack vs our FB. Need Torreira and Guendouzi to help out the FB, so have to choose Torreira over Willock despite the latter's wonderful showing vs Burnley. And we will most likely look to counter and I feel Laca is not suited for that and is kinda slow. Nelson or Martinelli pace along with Auba and Pepe will be massive for the counter + Luiz' hollywood passes. Nelson/Martinelli whoever doesn't start to come as sub to run at tired legs. Don't let Xhaka anywhere near the playing area. He'll be their major target to press and enforce errors if he does play.

zilfy

If they have such a great press, then we need our 3 most press-resistant midfielders staring: Ceballos, Doozi and Willock.

I don't mind Lucas starting as his defensive abilities are immense, but he does tend to panic when defenders are up in his face

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
40% chance for us.
tenor.gif

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think we'll concede but I also think we'll score. I would like Willock & Torreira to start but I know if fit Emery will play Xhaka, if so keep Willock starting, he deserves it.

------------Leno
AMN-Luiz-Sokratis-Monreal
-----Torreira-Willock
Pepe-----Cabellos-------Auba
------------Laca

Another option would be 4-3-3

------------Leno
AMN-Luiz-Sokratis-Monreal
---Torreira-Xhaka-Willock
Pepe-----Cabellos-------Auba

Preacher

Always Crying
7CIIdu2.png

Line-up, which took 1-5 beating at Anfield last season. Only about 5 players should start again. We had dream team at the back.

Auba was isolated. He made only 10 passes in 71 minutes. For this game he needs Lacazette supporting him.

We had more possession 52% vs 48%, but were out shot 8-15.

Defence was shambles on that day. Missed tackles, falling instead of tackling, missed kicks. Refereeing was as bad as our defence.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Think this match has come too early in the season for us. I'd have been more confident of getting a result with the team having played together for longer.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

7CIIdu2.png

Line-up, which took 1-5 beating at Anfield last season. Only about 5 players should start again. We had dream team at the back.

Auba was isolated. He made only 10 passes in 71 minutes. For this game he needs Lacazette supporting him.

We had more possession 52% vs 48%, but were out shot 8-15.

Defence was shambles on that day. Missed tackles, falling instead of tackling, missed kicks. Refereeing was as bad as our defence.

The state of that team. :lol:

Brolin

Liverpool Fan
We're going to win. There's a lethargy about Liverpool. They've got away with it because of the flaws of their opponents. They are going to get caught out here big time. 0-3 Arsenal.
Get yourself to the bookies mate, a 3-0 win for Arsenal at Anfield will get you some pretty substantial winnings.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Any team is to be honest mate, we haven’t lost there in more then 2 years.
As a Liverpool supporter. What do you fear most about Arsenal and what weak spots do you think we should exploit? Asking for a Spanish friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom