• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sometimes it would just be a waste of time. You’re talking about last season where KDB had a nightmare from injuries (has nothing to do with his talent).

But how about the season before last where he was unplayable and they won the Premier League. People rightly call him the best player in the country when fit, never mind best number 10 hahaha
HThat's a stretch.

Truth is that KdB had an outstanding season in Germany then came back to $ity. Now, surrounded by World Class players, he is doing what you would expect of him.

David Silva has similar numbers for $ity, and Mahrez with Leicester. Trent Alexander had a million assists from fullback last season.

KdB has a long way to go before yet before being called best in the PL.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
In my view, Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva are the players in the league that holds the highest level of play - on their day they are the creme de la creme of an offensive midfielder and a footballer overall. No one comes close.

Hexagon9

Couldn’t understand why on coming to the latest Mesut page all comments were about KdB?

But yes, he is the PL’s best player atm, although by Christmas Dani Ceballos will be! :lol:

D’oh, now I’m doing it too.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A long way to go? Now that’s a stretch! Only Mane, Salah and other City players can be compared tbh, but none of them are as versatile as KDB. He’s the best in the PL. It’s difficult to debate against tbh.
Just doesn't excite me or anyone else I know.

Pogba regularly just steps up (like in their last game) and stamps his authority. Hazard the whole of last season and in the EL final. Without Pogba, ManUre finish 7-8th and without Hazard, Chelski were Gonski.

KdB's just another utterly replaceable cog in the $ity machine.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Just doesn't excite me or anyone else I know.

Pogba regularly just steps up (like in their last game) and stamps his authority. Hazard the whole of last season and in the EL final. Without Pogba, ManUre finish 7-8th and without Hazard, Chelski were Gonski.

KdB's just another utterly replaceable cog in the $ity machine.
You're certainly in the minority here with that opinion

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You're certainly in the minority here with that opinion
Pep didn't lose any sleep over KdB last season.

I prefer B. Silva. Gets me out of my seat and gets the numbers too. Even Pep thinks so:

For Portugal Silva now outshines Cristiano Ronaldo, according to Guardiola. Asked whether Silva is Portugal’s next big star, the City manager is unequivocal. “He’s the biggest star already,” he says. “He’s a lovely person. I love to work with him – he always has a big smile. The most beloved in the locker room, he has everything, one of the most talented players I’ve ever seen.”

anyway, to each his own.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s only replaceable because of how good their team is.

You’re mixing up the quality of a player with the importance of a player to his team. With Hazard leaving KDB is probably the best player in the league now.
agreed. he's elite. But a best player in the league wins you games by himself. Which Hazard did and he doesn't. Which makes him replaceable.

interesting, because he consistently creates fewer average chances per game than Özil. Or that's what whoscored says.

I'll wait for a few more seasons to call him the best CAM.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was going to list some games but mate, surely you realise he's done this countless times?

That's basically what he did for half of the 17/18 season.
Not as much as the praise he gets, though. Didn't get one player of the month award until now. Just like Özil, I must add.

He won the playmaker of the season 2017/18 but that was it. The player you use, Hazard has been player of the season twice. Now that's something to write home about

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
interesting, because he consistently creates fewer average chances per game than Özil. Or that's what whoscored says.

I'll wait for a few more seasons to call him the best CAM.
He had 19 assists in the PL in 16/17 and 16 assists in 17/18 before an injury hit last season. Don't think any other AM's have come close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom