• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 5 games...

Goonger

So thought I'd make a thread like this again since it went down pretty well last year.

So far we've beaten both Newcastle and Burnley, not convincingly but there are some good signs from both games both in attack and defence but now we have some real tough fixtures coming up.

Liverpool (A) - L
Tottenham (H) - W
Watford (A) - W
Aston Villa (H) - W
Manchester United (A) - D

Points total = 10

In my opinion this is the minimum amount of points we need to get in these next 5 fixtures, anything less is worrying and anything more would be brilliant.
We really should be beating United though so 13 is very realistic as well but with our results at Old Trafford I am not so sure.

Anyway, what makes these next 5 games so important is the following fixtures we have after this, we have a 9 games run, similar to last years in which we really should be winning all 9 games. so if we can get 10 or so points from the next 5 games we can be in a very strong position to take in to Christmas.

After the United match we really should be seeing the likes of Holding, Tierney and Bellerin coming back so we have a great chance to get them match fit over that period and integrated into the team without them facing any really difficult opponents.

Barring any injuries and set-backs we have a really decent chance of having a fully fit squad to take into the Man City game late December and then into the new year lets just start with getting 10 or more points here and look to start a convincing winning run.

That would be 12 points rather than 13 then. ;)

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Jinxing isn't real and the next person who says it is will be getting banned.
BNJR.gif

FootballUnited

we are counting our chips again arent we? havent taken anything in a long time from Anfield and Old trafford.

Watford away we got lucky, and we should fix up defensively, clinical teams will hurt us, against newcastle and burnley, they failed to capitalise others wont.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think we'll get a point at Pool, not sure why but I just feel it. I suggest people put money on it, 2-2

Liverpool (A) - D
Tottenham (H) - W
Watford (A) - W
Aston Villa (H) - W
Manchester United (A) - D

11pts/15pts

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
we are counting our chips again arent we? havent taken anything in a long time from Anfield and Old trafford.

Watford away we got lucky, and we should fix up defensively, clinical teams will hurt us, against newcastle and burnley, they failed to capitalise others wont.

Burnley failed to capitalise? Their keeper was great, we could have won by 3 goals.

Manberg

Predator
You have to leave some leeway in minimum expectations. We will at some times during the season drop points to teams outside the top 6. It’s not a question of if, its when, because it will happen loads.

Let's play Aubamawang

I'm feeling hopelessly optimistic. We're going to win every game. Some of them might be close, of course. I'd take a point at Anfield, but how nice would it be to stick it to them where it hurts after the drubbings in recent memory.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom