• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I wouldn't say so, it's a continuation of last season and is suggestive of the first two games at least. I understand wanting a larger sample size as that will tell us more, but it's still relevant. At least, our numbers are. The rankings not so much, yet.

What do you mean by continuation? The stats are similar to last season? As you pointed out already, sample size is too small thus you can’t make any conclusions.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't think we got bailed out at all vs Newcastle or Burnley. Sick of seeing we rode our luck against both as well. Lacazette and Auba don't 'bail' us out, they do the job they are supposed to do.

Burnley had one good chance off an awful deflection, ****housed a few others and that is all. We had some great chances and defended well in both.

It's not like the West Ham game or others at home where they literally flew past out midfield and defence and then had a one on one.
Bailing out is the wrong term. The right term is going beyond expectation - something that is unsustainable over a long period.

I don't think we were lucky against Burnley - in fact, we weren't bad at all. But there are improvements that can be made. Whether they will, we will see over the next couple of months, but the hope is that our attacking improves. I don't really like the idea of being outshot by Newcastle and Burnley - 2 teams arguably likely to finish lower midtable at best - xG or not.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Bailing out is the wrong term. The right term is going beyond expectation - something that is unsustainable over a long period.

I don't think we were lucky against Burnley - in fact, we weren't bad at all. But there are improvements that can be made. Whether they will, we will see over the next couple of months, but the hope is that our attacking improves. I don't really like the idea of being outshot by Newcastle and Burnley - 2 teams arguably likely to finish lower midtable at best - xG or not.

Yeah ofc there is improvement needed but people are making it out as if these games are the exact same as last year where we did indeed ride our luck. I don't care if we get out shot tbh because some of Burnley's were nothing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah ofc there is improvement needed but people are making it out as if these games are the exact same as last year where we did indeed ride our luck. I don't care if we get out shot tbh because some of Burnley's were nothing.
It's a symptom of one of our problems though - we don't create enough shots/goalscoring chances IMO. It's minor right now because - as pointed out - Auba and Laca are performing at peak ability in front of goal, which is more than we can ask for! But they won't always be at that peak ability in every game, and they'll need more chances at goal, as we've seen with the serious amount of sitters that Auba's missed since he joined.

I think people are preemptively panicking because they can see on the horizon a game where we struggle to create a number of chances yet don't score. Burnley game wasn't bad - I thought our attack was a little disjointed but a really good midfield performance made up for it.

A good litmus test will be this game up ahead. If we can create a solid amount of chances at Anfield, that will be encouraging regardless of the result.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's a symptom of one of our problems though - we don't create enough shots/goalscoring chances IMO. It's minor right now because - as pointed out - Auba and Laca are performing at peak ability in front of goal, which is more than we can ask for! But they won't always be at that peak ability in every game, and they'll need more chances at goal, as we've seen with the serious amount of sitters that Auba's missed since he joined.

I think people are preemptively panicking because they can see on the horizon a game where we struggle to create a number of chances yet don't score. Burnley game wasn't bad - I thought our attack was a little disjointed but a really good midfield performance made up for it.

A good litmus test will be this game up ahead. If we can create a solid amount of chances at Anfield, that will be encouraging regardless of the result.

It was disjointed but we had plenty of chances imo, could of been 4/5 to 1 on another day, especially considering Burnley set up shop as soon as they equalised and are usually a pretty difficult team to break down.

As you say though, we'll learn more against Liverpool.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

United dropping points today means that if we somehow, some way actually pulled of a win here would mean that we go top of the league! Hopefully that will be some motivation for the players.

blaze_of_glory

Don't think we got bailed out at all vs Newcastle or Burnley. Sick of seeing we rode our luck against both as well. Lacazette and Auba don't 'bail' us out, they do the job they are supposed to do.

Burnley had one good chance off an awful deflection, ****housed a few others and that is all. We had some great chances and defended well in both.

It's not like the West Ham game or others at home where they literally flew past out midfield and defence and then had a one on one.
Xg was 1.3 goals for both us and Burnley after the match, if I recall.

I shat all over Xg last year when we were in the midst of our early season unbeaten run, but it then caught up very fast. Shan't be making that mistake again. Right now we're extremely fortunate we have two elite strikers, because our all around game is pretty lackluster. I was tearing my hair out at times watching us try to attack on Saturday.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Auba will be vital and must be switched on mentally. Liverpool opponents have been offside nine times this year-the most in the PL so far. There is space to exploit their flanks and if Emery is brave (or mad), he will start Nelson, Auba and Pepe with Laca on as a sub later if we need him. Saints gave them a scare and Norwich despite being hammered, had five shots on target and one big chance to Liverpool's two. IF we cut out individual errors, I think a draw is quite achievable.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They look a bit shaky in defence. They don't look the same team as last season.

Even before Alisson got injured they looked off.

There’s not many teams they’ll have played against with an attack like ours. Lot of pace and quality in there.

We were good value for a draw last year at home playing 4-3-3 and would hope we go the same again.

Emery has to be brave and start both Pepe and Nelson imo, pin back Robertson and TAA. Let Ceballos play through their press and the front three can cause havoc.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Even before Alisson got injured they looked off.

There’s not many teams they’ll have played against with an attack like ours. Lot of pace and quality in there.

We were good value for a draw last year at home playing 4-3-3 and would hope we go the same again.

Emery has to be brave and start both Pepe and Nelson imo, pin back Robertson and TAA. Let Ceballos play through their press and the front three can cause havoc.

Agreed. We need to go with a front 3 of Nelson-Auba-Pepe.

Lacazette can be brought on in the second half.

Lets ****in go for the jugular. COYG!

Brolin

Liverpool Fan
As a Liverpool supporter. What do you fear most about Arsenal and what weak spots do you think we should exploit? Asking for a Spanish friend.
Our high line is certainly a weak point at the moment. Klopp is trying a new system, even though it has more positives in the long run for us then negatives, have left us wide open at the start of the season with players getting not fully adapted to the system. So there is space for you guys to exploit. Our right hand side is certainly a weak point at the moment.
I see a lot of people on here are confident of winning the midfield battle. I wouldn’t be so sure about that if I was you.

Why

Always Me ?
Not really sure why, but I do have some optimism for this one.

Watching the first game of the season you could see a lot of our new players calling for the ball, and passes not coming their way during the quick transitions in play. Game 2, you saw a lot more coming together. I know we are a work in progress and its early but I think we will keep getting stronger the more we train and play together.

I don't think Liverpool have hit their stride yet and feel we can beat them if we play at our best.

Would love to see Pepe and Auba both starting and really taking it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom