• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
In before Laca and Auba grab 50 odd goals between them and the subsequent ‘but our Xgpf34gh was very high so they over performed... iT wONt lAsT fORevEr!!!’ tiresome bollocks gets wheeled out again.

Is it really that difficult to accept that the manager might have found a way to get them doing well, even if things might not look as smooth as you’d like it to look elsewhere? How long have they got to carry on scoring for before the scaremongering dies a death? And people wonder why certain types of criticism doesn’t go down too well...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
In before Laca and Auba grab 50 odd goals between them and the subsequent ‘but our Xgpf34gh was very high so they over performed... iT wONt lAsT fORevEr!!!’ tiresome bollocks gets wheeled out again.
Even if the club is over-reliant on those two, it's not a huge change from the last few years under Wenger where it was just a case of give it to Özil or Alexis and hope for the best.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Even if the club is over-reliant on those two, it's not a huge change from the last few years under Wenger where it was just a case of give it to Özil or Alexis and hope for the best.
Which is why people get suspicious with the analysis sometimes. What hasn’t helped those who have negative things to say, rightly or wrongly, is we’re now trying to integrate 5-6 players into the lineup with all the difficulties that can throw up, while still trying to continue to improve our patterns and fluidity.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
They did however beat City on the way to the final. So it wasn't exactly an easy ride but still. As good as Poch is, he is so overrated on here.

They did beat City and a decent Ajax team too. I'm not trying to down play that, my issue is with lauding all their marginal succeses and ignoring their failures. We also beat a very strong Napoli and Valancia team, convincingly. Yet that won't be mentioned.

Perfect example. Our two respective finals. You could just as easily say Sp**s were shambolic in their final, didnt even lay a glove to Liverpool the whole game. While you could say in our final we were the better team in the 1st half and apart from a pathetic and unacceptable collapse for 25 minutes in 2nd half we were well in the game. All of this when we had a truly horrible squad quality wise.

You can put a positive or negative spin on anything. I just don't like it when our own fans seem so ready to put a positive spin on anything Pochettino and Sp**s do, while at same time doing the opposite on us.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
They did beat City and a decent Ajax team too. I'm not trying to down play that, my issue is with lauding all their marginal succeses and ignoring their failures. We also beat a very strong Napoli and Valancia team, convincingly. Yet that won't be mentioned.

Perfect example. Our two respective finals. You could just as easily say Sp**s were shambolic in their final, didnt even lay a glove to Liverpool the whole game. While you could say in our final we were the better team in the 1st half and apart from a pathetic and unacceptable collapse for 25 minutes in 2nd half we were well in the game. All of this when we had a truly horrible squad quality wise.

You can put a positive or negative spin on anything. I just don't like it when our own fans seem so ready to put a positive spin on anything Pochettino and Sp**s do, while at same time doing the reverse on us.
Back you 100% on that one!

Fun Fact:

Lacazette is overperforming his xG every season but one since 14/15. That only time when he didn't overperform it, the difference was 0.04. Since 14/15 he has 104 career goals vs ~88 xG goals. Elite finisher.

Needs to shot more often at the goal but as his movement is lacking inside the penalty box and he is very very slow I don't see him get enough chances to become a relevant striker for a team that strives to be at the top of the game!

ClubLevel

Most important thing for me is picking up points at the start of the season rather than performance as players will be at different fitness levels, new players settling into the team, in some cases the team getting used to tactics and we still have a few injured to return back to the squad. It's rare to see many teams at 100% at the start of the season and the table doesn't lie in that its only us and Liverpool sitting on 6 points.

We will see how things look at the end of September but am pleased to have the points on the board before the next two fixtures.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Fun Fact:

Lacazette is overperforming his xG every season but one since 14/15. That only time when he didn't overperform it, the difference was 0.04. Since 14/15 he has 104 career goals vs ~88 xG goals. Elite finisher.
Very fun fact! Do you have more?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The Liverpool game is the one I really want to see Unai step up to the tactical plate. I want to see a strategic performance which dilutes Liverpool's strengths on the day.

If it means a scrappy, survival like performance then so be it.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
The Liverpool game is the one I really want to see Unai step up to the tactical plate. I want to see a strategic performance which dilutes Liverpool's strengths on the day.

just hope he doesnt go ultra defensive like Europa final. Agree. this should be a good test of our head-coach.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Not many managers can claim to have achieved this against Liverpool for quite some time, so try not to draw too many conclusions from this one.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Not many managers can claim to have achieved this against Liverpool for quite some time, so try not to draw too many conclusions from this one.

I wont be doing anything of the sort.

What is important is that I see some semblance of structure and planning, much like the likes of Southampton do when playing them. Not basing my measurement on whether it works out, in an all or nothing type analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom