• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Made me think of this:

But actually, it was in the 15/16 season, where we got a 3-3 draw.

No one will be able to take that away from Arshavin, 4 goals at anfield what a moment to savour for the little fella. I bet he will never get tired of telling his grandkids that story.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
True. Baptista will be able to dine on that for a while.

Still, slightly less impressive than Arshavin's because it was a league cup game with under strenght teams.

We beat them at Anfield in both the League cup and FA Cup that season I believe.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The lot are too cocky, rightfully so as we bottled so many times before. But I think this team has a bit more ****housery in them with the likes of Ceballos, Luiz, Guendo... Enough to rile them up.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Possibly bypass with a park-the-bus
whilst waiting for a cut-and-thrust during opening stages of the game...

Adopting a "gradual" build up approach during the initial quarter/half would seem ineffective against them...

i would pick all my players on the basis of who is the most press-resistant. Stay compact and keep the ball and trust our quality to come through for a goal or two.

Finesse

i would pick all my players on the basis of who is the most press-resistant. Stay compact and keep the ball and trust our quality to come through for a goal or two.

This should be the basis of our strategy at Anfield. It is the midfield. Klopp fine tuned a midfield that keeps it simple , can play under pressure and press quickly and in packs. Very effective. He opted for speed , grit and energy. He does not rely on flair or creativity. He leaves that for his top 3 forwards. If we pick a midfield that can match them then we have an even game. Both teams have attackers to hurt each other at any time. I would pick Xhaka , Torreira and Dani in a midfield diamond. Xhaka can deliver the passes from defence to toward. Torreira can do the pressing and interception as usual. Dani can craft and find the forward players. It must be a clever midfield. I am not sure Willock and Guendouzi can start this one. Experience counts more for this game and how we start is the key.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This should be the basis of our strategy at Anfield. It is the midfield. Klopp fine tuned a midfield that keeps it simple , can play under pressure and press quickly and in packs. Very effective. He opted for speed , grit and energy. He does not rely on flair or creativity. He leaves that for his top 3 forwards. If we pick a midfield that can match them then we have an even game. Both teams have attackers to hurt each other at any time. I would pick Xhaka , Torreira and Dani in a midfield diamond. Xhaka can deliver the passes from defence to toward. Torreira can do the pressing and interception as usual. Dani can craft and find the forward players. It must be a clever midfield. I am not sure Willock and Guendouzi can start this one. Experience counts more for this game and how we start is the key.

You’d put suspect when pressed Xhaka at the base?

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
I would play 5 midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 with Laca on his own upfront. Get to halftime and then bring on Auba + Pepe.

Arseshavin

I liked your post until the Xhaka part. Xhaka is terrible at handling high pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom