• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolin

Liverpool Fan
It is far from pretty, barely scores and doesn't create much but I really rate Liverpool's midfield. It does exactly what it needs to do, protects the defence, covers for the marauding fullbacks, presses hard and is a solid foundation that allows the creative players to shine.

I would definitely prefer to watch Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets or Silva/de Bruyne/Rodri but in many ways Liverpool's well drilled, hard working midfield is just as effective.
Even as a Liverpool fan, I will admit I’d prefer if we had a midfield that is more easy on the eye. But the dynamic that Klopp has created is clearly effective. Without our hard working midfield we wouldn’t have been as successful against what is clearly more talented footballing sides. We have taken quite a few scalps under Klopp’s guidance, and we will take a few more.

Just want to mention that I think Rodri is bang average. Was the worst player on the pitch by a mile when they played us in the shield. He will get found out in this league, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Guardiola backtrack to Fernandinho instead of Rodri soon.

FluffyDoozi

We definitely playing a back three for this game. You just know it. If we did when pinned back by Burnley at home, then it's a given that we are doing so against that front three.
The only compromise is I hope we keep the midfield three especially against such a high pressing team. Xhaka should not be anywhere near the starting 11. If we can bypass that initial press, we can hurt them.
I would also start Pepe upfront with Auba because he'll naturally drop deeper and slightly wider. Both are also counter attack threats if Liverpool are as high up as in the last game.
Not confident but fairly optimistic we won't embarrass ourselves. That's how low we have sadly sunk.

say yes

forum master baiter
Would be nice if we didn’t completely lose our heads when we concede (which we will) and keep this competitive for a change.

Think it would be a mistake to sit too deep given our weakness at fullback. Better to be aggressive and take the game to Liverpool.

say yes

forum master baiter
I would play:

Mkhi —— Aubameyang —— Pepe
— Xhaka - Ceballos - Torreira —
Monreal - Luiz - Sokratis - Niles
—————— Leno ——————

Willock for Xhaka if Granit’s not fit. Maybe Nelson instead of Mkhi.

Symbia

I don't get it, how can those Liverpool midfield be special?
Maybe I have been watching another team.
Liverpool midfield only run all over the pitch, closing players down and nothing more.
Almost no technique, no ball carrying players and almost none existing creativity. They only relies on passing balls to their full backs who in turn cross to attackers, rinse and repeat.

Henderson is a very striped down version of Ramsey. Insane stamina and nothing more.

IrishKookaburra

Liverpool midfield only run all over the pitch, closing players down and nothing more.
Almost no technique, no ball carrying players and almost none existing creativity. They only relies on passing balls to their full backs who in turn cross to attackers, rinse and repeat.

Henderson is a very striped down version of Ramsey. Insane stamina and nothing more.

Their midfield is very good at winning the ball back quickly, their work rate is the best in the league however it’s like you said their creativity is lacking and they mostly rely on their full backs and Firmino for creativity.

I feel we can sucker punch them like we did at Anfield and with no Mustafi and Liechestiener playing, not lose our heads by keeping a better compact defence.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I predict us scoring at least 2 goal through Fabinho turning possesion when pressed.

Wryer

Can't say I'm confident about AMN in this. It's these sort of games where one single lapse will get punished. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

We need to be patient and frustrate Liverpool. No point going gungho in the early stages, which we tend to do.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need to take the midfield. Willock is needed to match either Wjanldum or Ox. Guendouzi can match up with Milner or Henderson. Drag Fabinho all over the pitch with Ceballos.

I would start the exact same team for this game.

Symbia

Their midfield is very good at winning the ball back quickly, their work rate is the best in the league however it’s like you said their creativity is lacking and they mostly rely on their full backs and Firmino for creativity.

I feel we can sucker punch them like we did at Anfield and with no Mustafi and Liechestiener playing, not lose our heads by keeping a better compact defence.
My fear is our full backs vs Mane. That dude is fastly becoming unplayable.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looks like nobody want to face Liverpool at Anfield :lol: i don't blame them but it's good time to play them early of season they don't look 100% ready yet so maybe we can get good result.

TornadoTed

Established Member

No they aren't anything special in isolation but they are integral to the way Liverpool play. I very much doubt that their front 3, defence or fullbacks would look as good as they with a 'nice on the eye' tika-taka midfield without the industry, work ethic and dare I say dourness of their current midfield.

We suffered for years with Wenger having 'ballers' all over the pitch, during those times we were crying out for a bit of industry, work rate and dourness. A good football needs the right blend to work and in Liverpools case their midfield compliments the rest of the team perfectly.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Not beaten these fvckers since 2015. Before that our record against em is really decent.

Where did it all go wrong? Arsenal @ 2.4 for win or draw is a decent shout. *

* please note I am not an accredited financial adviser. What Paddy Power giveth, Paddy Power will surely taketh away.

Symbia

No they aren't anything special in isolation but they are integral to the way Liverpool play. I very much doubt that their front 3, defence or fullbacks would look as good as they with a 'nice on the eye' tika-taka midfield without the industry, work ethic and dare I say dourness of their current midfield.

We suffered for years with Wenger having 'ballers' all over the pitch, during those times we were crying out for a bit of industry, work rate and dourness. A good football needs the right blend to work and in Liverpools case their midfield compliments the rest of the team perfectly.
I wasn't talking of Liverpool team but their midfield.
In actual sense their midfield is bang average and not much to it.

Their closing down and press is Kopp's pertern. While in Dourtmund he played even more more pressing game so nothing new to that.

morpho

Established Member
If we're still in the game at HT we might have a shot at this.

I'd be surprised if Emery doesnt field a 352

Leno
Sok-Chambo-Luiz
AMN-Willock-Ceballos-Doozie-Nacho
Pepe-Auba

Dont think Xhaka will start though...

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I didn’t even mention Henderson
I’ve been more then respectful since coming on this site, and very humble in our chances this weekend. Mentioned multiple times I see the match being very competitive.
Behave
Nah, I wasn't really serious. Perfectly good to have decent posters from other clubs here.

Guess I'm just nervous and pessimistic as usual regarding Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom