• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 306,359
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
such a looser he is! You may stay for one more year, but I hope Emrey doesn't give you any minute to play ****************

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He should fire his agent if he doesn’t get a move this summer.

Hurting himself financially if he stays and doesn’t play all year long.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Explain, i'm lost. Surely he is earning his last high pay cheque with us.

His supposed 90k contract is due to expire in 2021.

Right now he might be able to get a deal close to that 90k in wages depending on the fee. Let’s say though he gets 70k which should be the minimum.

If he gets a three or maybe even four year deal, even with the current decrease in salary his guaranteed contract will be worth at least a million pounds more than it is now.

If he stays and doesn’t play his wage demands will be in freefall, he’ll be leaving a lot of money on the table.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Explain, i'm lost. Surely he is earning his last high pay cheque with us.
He won't find a club that pays him 90k a week now,that's true. But if he stays here and doesn't play at all,he will probably have to sign for a club like Hannover Next summer for 30K a week. Leave now he might get a long term contract at at decent club with 50-60K a week. Makes sense for him. If he has options to leave but decides to stat,thereby reducing our room to manoveur in the January window, he will get a very unpleasent reception if he gets some minutes for us.

zilfy

We need to be ruthlessly honest but not harm ourselves in the process.
Use him if we absolutely need to, if not let him train with the reserves. No need to shoot ourselves in the foot, do what's best for the club - which in most likelihood barring an injury crisis he will not make the bench.
Yep best to use him to our advantage. He can play those ****ty cup games with the youth to make sure our starting 11 are fresh for the pl.
I know many would have us play the entire u23s in those cup games but that can be dangerous. God to mix with some experience

Tomb Bombadil

We need to be ruthlessly honest but not harm ourselves in the process.
Use him if we absolutely need to, if not let him train with the reserves. No need to shoot ourselves in the foot, do what's best for the club - which in most likelihood barring an injury crisis he will not make the bench.
I guess until end of october or even longer we have just AMN as RB. So I think in the EL and cup games, he should get some playing time there. Or anyone good in youth?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
His supposed 90k contract is due to expire in 2021.

Right now he might be able to get a deal close to that 90k in wages depending on the fee. Let’s say though he gets 70k which should be the minimum.

If he gets a three or maybe even four year deal, even with the current decrease in salary his guaranteed contract will be worth at least a million pounds more than it is now.

If he stays and doesn’t play his wage demands will be in freefall, he’ll be leaving a lot of money on the table.
He won't find a club that pays him 90k a week now,that's true. But if he stays here and doesn't play at all,he will probably have to sign for a club like Hannover Next summer for 30K a week. Leave now he might get a long term contract at at decent club with 50-60K a week. Makes sense for him. If he has options to leave but decides to stat,thereby reducing our room to manoveur in the January window, he will get a very unpleasent reception if he gets some minutes for us.
Fair enough lad, i didn't really think about that one.
Thanks for the responses.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Who/what do we think is the problem here, is it Mustafi wanting to stay, Arsenal's valuation or just no clubs interested?

I though there would be a club in Spain or Germany willing to take a risk on him, even on loan. He is **** for us but for a lesser Spanish or German club he could potentially revive his career hence how he ended up here in the first place.

If its Mustafi making things difficult then he is killing all hope for his career, especially if he is refusing to go to clubs now, they wont be back in for him and will just move on to another risk of a defender, his stock is at an all time low, if hes here next summer it will be at rock bottom and clubs wont go near him as he would have proved brain dead on and off the pitch.

Iceman10

Established Member
He'll be shipped out, on loan or sold, probably last day of the European transfer window. It's being made very clear to him that he has no place in the first team anymore. At 27 years old he will see sense.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He'll be shipped out, on loan or sold, probably last day of the European transfer window. It's being made very clear to him that he has no place in the first team anymore. At 27 years old he will see sense.

I agree. He must have friends and family telling him to leave now! He knows he has no future here and is probably waiting for the best offer he can get. Money will come into it but he's going to earn a decent salary wherever he plays so surely he'd prefer to do it somewhere he is not only wanted but also playing.

Uncle Good-Advice

I don't agree with sending him to reserve team or excluding from first team. Of course I'm aware of his limitations but he's a professional player and always behaved in professional manner off the pitch. Performances on the pitch wasn't there but sending him to reserves to train with youth players is classless. Even if he stays beyond the deadline we should rather try to incorporate him back to the team and help him to at least restore some confidence. There's still a player in him, you never know what's gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom