• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We should start Özil in this. We're not winning this with current personnel. The inky chance we have is for a moment of individual brilliance. Özil is as likely to supply this as anyone else.

morpho

Established Member
We should start Özil in this. We're not winning this with current personnel. The inky chance we have is for a moment of individual brilliance. Özil is as likely to supply this as anyone else.
As much as I kinda understand your logic, I strongly disagree with your last sentence. We have Plenty of players not quite capable of individual brilliance, unfortenately. But yeah, Özil could still have his moments. Away, against a top tier club on the other hand... I wouldnt take the gamble. Maybe Emery will.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

How would you fit him in the team? You cant drop Cebellos, and Willock deserves to continue so I'm interested to see your team.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
How would you fit him in the team? You cant drop Cebellos, and Willock deserves to continue so I'm interested to see your team.
Willock/Torreira Ceballos - Özil. As good as Willock has been I don't think he's better than Torreira yet, Emery will have to decide if Torreira is ready to play his first full match, if yes he should get the nod ahead of Willock.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Willock/Torreira Ceballos - Özil. As good as Willock has been I don't think he's better than Torreira yet, Emery will have to decide if Torreira is ready to play his first full match, if yes he should get the nod ahead of Willock.

I agree re Torreira and would like him to start but I prefer Torreira & Willock with Ceballos in No10 role. The biggest problem I see is that Emery may bring Xhaka back and ruin it all.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

---------------------------Aubameyang
-----------Laca Virgin-----Ceballos---Rarest Pepe
------------------------Xhaka-------Torreira
Monreal-----------Luiz------------Sokratis--------AMN
----------------------------Leno

We need to transition back to front quickly as Pool will have plenty of the ball, and Torreira's tenacity + Xhaka's ability to create from deep will be vital in getting the ball to the front 4 and maximise our chances on the break. Pool's midfield work hard but they aren't particularly quick so Xhaka's lack of mobility won't be an issue with Torreira alongside.

Willock should be nowhere near this game until late on to add some energy to the inevitably tired midfield, and I prefer Laca's experience over Nelson as I think Nelson has been ineffective so far this season and needs more minutes for us before playing in these crucial big games. Laca also scored an absolute peach against them last season so hoping for a repeat. The rest of the team more or less picks itself.
Laca Virgin is now stuck in my head on repeat. Ffs.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely no idea what team/system Emery is gonna go with. If ever we were gonna do 4-3-3 I suppose it’d be here. Maybe something like;

Leno
ANN Luiz Sokratis Nacho
Ceballos Torreira Willock
Auba Lacazette Pepe

That’s a very athletic midfield with a lot of technical ability (far more than Liverpool’s). There’s a lot of pace up front and the likes of Ceballos and Luiz can clip a lovely long ball if the opportunity arises.

The best thing about our squad nowadays is the firepower on the bench. I’d quite like to see Martinelli on the bench again because he could be a nightmare against tired legs and he seems fearless.

We can win this game. It would also be a huge statement if we were to do so. Come the **** on lads let’s end this Anfield hoodoo.

COYG!!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ankintson Dean and Taylor and you telling me PL not trolling us 3 of worst PL refs in our first 3 games ffs.

Also we are wearing our 3rd kit because of modern football marketing reasons such a shame

GT2006

Team i would like to see:

Leno

AMN
Luiz
Sokratis
Monreal

Willock
Guendoezi
Ceballos

Pepe
Laca
Auba

Team he will most likely play:

Leno

AMN
Luiz
Sokratis
Monreal

Xhaka
Guendoezi
Ceballos

Pepe
Laca
Auba

Xhaka is a captain and a nice passer of the ball, but he is bad under a high press and a slow passer of the ball. Also loses it in dangerous positions. I would start with comfortable ballers on the pitch, later on can introduce Xhaka/Torreia if we need to shut the game out for a win or draw (most likely hope). More confident than last year going into this one for obvious reasons, but still expect a set and bonded Liverpool team to beat a new look Arsenal team unfortunately. 2-0 Liverpool i predict but hopefully we get something!

Sanis

I hope Emery won't choose to play 3 at the back, it just never works.. and don‘t want to see Xhaka, he's too slow and so poor when under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom