• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So what exactly do you think happened?

Why pull a sickie if you're at the stadium anyway, I doubt he doesn't want to play? Maybe he just gets sick a lot? If anything he does look like quite a sickly person.:lol:

The outrage over him being ill (innocent unless proven guilty) is weird. Almost ten pages and he hasn't even kicked a ball.
I think he was... sick. Genuinely sick. That’s not a crime. That’s what I think happened. That thing where he tells the club he feels unwell and they check him over and decide he’s unwell. Makes more sense than the ‘still under attack from the moped gang’ theory, considering Kola also turned up, and played. Any other theories just wreak of trying to cover up the fact that their precious one was ill again. Its not even as if his fans are in denial about his somewhat dodgy immune system. It’s a known and accepted problem. So why people get defensive about it and offer up alternative theories is a bit odd.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I can't see him getting into the first team anymore. Ceballos should be our key player and Xhaka has a better chance to be part of the midfield than Özil. There's also ESR who could start pushing him out of the cup games.

The time when he could just walk into the team should be over I hope.
Even with some sloppy rookie mistakes from Douzi and Willock, I prefer that midfield over any combination that would include Özil and drop the boyz.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
You lot still believe this Özil illness stuff?

Sometime I think you guy are the type that believe in the tooth fairy and that wrestling is real so John Cena is the toughest guy in the world.

Sometimes I think your account is entirely compromised of things you say on forums because you're well aware that this negative, neckbeardy approach doesn't get anyone very far in reality.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I can't see him getting into the first team anymore. Ceballos should be our key player and Xhaka has a better chance to be part of the midfield than Özil. There's also ESR who could start pushing him out of the cup games.

The time when he could just walk into the team should be over I hope.
Even with some sloppy rookie mistakes from Douzi and Willock, I prefer that midfield over any combination that would include Özil and drop the boyz.

I think he should be given his chance at remaining a starter, but we should have a low tolerance if he does not perform (after 2 games as sub to regain match fitness).

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Genuinely not sure anymore.

Even with a good Özil I dont think that is our best formation

None of our other cms are the kind that suits playing Özil in the free ACM role he excels in, yeah sure he could work from the wings but that is kinda sad

We simply cant afford to play him, we would get eaten up.

And we finally have played a flatter 3 men midfield and it is looking promising and easy to rotate players with, we hide players shortcomings and highlight their strengths

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I honestly don't see the point of continuing with this. It should be clear to everyone with eyes that you can't count on this guy. There's always some issue. Illness, phantom injuries etc. Even if he does come back and string together a couple of respectable performances you know the next "injury" or sick day is just around the corner. Better to focus on players who you can reasonably expect to produce consistently and build a continuity in the squad.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Curious to see what he can do when he's back. Not expecting much, though.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Did he even travel with the squad today? Considering his good pre-season performances I can see this becoming another boring saga again about him being absent from the team when the results start going downhill.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
We would’ve won today if Özil played.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom