• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Getting nervy for this. Blooming fool in the back wearing a Liverpool jacket and top is being very loud today. I've held my cool but seriously hoping I can back that up on Monday with something positive from the weekend.
Still maintain I'll be happy if Virgil gets nuttied by Pepe.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
super scared for this game, I feel like absorbing the pressure and hitting them on the counter with Auba and Pepe's pace might be our best chance to get as result from this game

Leno, AMN, Sokratis, Luiz, Monreal, Torreira, Willock, Ceballos, Pepe, Laca, Auba
would be my XI

Yep that's my 11 too, I think Torreira & Willock would work really well. Pepe is almost certainly gonna start this, we need to take our chances on the break, with Pepe & Auba we finally have the pace to do it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Getting nervy for this. Blooming fool in the back wearing a Liverpool jacket and top is being very loud today. I've held my cool but seriously hoping I can back that up on Monday with something positive from the weekend.
Still maintain I'll be happy if Virgil gets nuttied by Pepe.

I don't care if its Pepe's nut or Virgil's nuts :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Regarding our line up, I guess what we can all agree with is that Mkhi shouldn't be in it. He's been really poor and I don't know why he's in the list with Mustafi and elneny

He very well may start. I could see Nelson coming out for Mhki, and then Pepe at half-time.

progman07

Established Member
What I expect from Emery:

Leno
AMN Luiz Sokratis Monreal Kolasinac
Xhaka Guendouzi Ceballos
Lacazette Aubameyang

I doubt he will give Pepe his first start next to Auba and Laca away at Liverpool, and surely none of Auba or Laca will be dropped.
Unfortunately I fear the 5 at the back is still an option, as we saw against Burnley after Kolasinac was subbed in, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hope to see Pepe from the start & Nelson out. Palace showed a blue print last season how pace on the break can cause them issues even with very low possession. Not sure we are ready yet to control these games away to any degree.

The midfield will be an interesting one if Dani plays or not. Could see Emery saving him for second half & matching their tempo early with Lucas, Willock & Guendouzi.

Would be way more confident if we had a dominant DM to start or even partner with Lucas behind Dani in these games. Looking a bit light vs the Liverpool trio.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

For me Emery’s got to back himself and not go 5 at the back.

Could see us getting absolutely tw*tted if we do that, it’ll be giving their full backs a green light to sit in our half smashing crosses in all day long.

Be brave, go with Pepe and Nelson and try to hurt them on the break and bring in Laca off the bench.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hope to see Pepe from the start & Nelson out. Palace showed a blue print last season how pace on the break can cause them issues even with very low possession. Not sure we are ready yet to control these games away to any degree.

The midfield will be an interesting one if Dani plays or not. Could see Emery saving him for second half & matching their tempo early with Lucas, Willock & Guendouzi.

Would be way more confident if we had a dominant DM to start or even partner with Lucas behind Dani in these games. Looking a bit light vs the Liverpool trio.

That first Palace goal was a thing of beauty.

Smail

Yep that's my 11 too, I think Torreira & Willock would work really well. Pepe is almost certainly gonna start this, we need to take our chances on the break, with Pepe & Auba we finally have the pace to do it.
we not only have the pace but if we play that front three, then TAA and Robertson will think twice before bombing forward and that should ease some pressure for amn and monreal. and if they do bomb forward then a long ball from luiz could start a dangerous counter attack.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we'll go 5 at the back now. We've played it once during pre-season and for 20 minutes against Burnley so it'd be stupid to suddenly change the 4.

I'd go for a reverse diamond with Torreira at CDM and then CM's as Ceballos & Guendouzi or Ceballos & Willock.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah, diamond makes sense. Worked well against Chelski last year with Torreira and Guendouzi covering out wide to shut down their full-backs.

And two up front, Auba with either Laca or Pepe to crush them on the counter.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don't think we'll go 5 at the back now. We've played it once during pre-season and for 20 minutes against Burnley so it'd be stupid to suddenly change the 4.

I'd go for a reverse diamond with Torreira at CDM and then CM's as Ceballos & Guendouzi or Ceballos & Willock.
reverse diamond? You learn something new every day :)

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
play laca in one half and auba in another half. First half should be laca or auba upfront alone ....with 5 midfielders behind - Xhaka-Torreira- Willock - Cebellos - Özil/Pepe/Mkhi

Play double pivot of Guen - Douzi.
Luiz right behind.

so much hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom