• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psst.. it's Championship. Totally different level to Premier. :) But keep counting, I hope and believe they all do well.

I know it Championship but Nketiah is also the youngest. Our strikers can only score against the team they face each time. I'm counting the goals as equal to each other!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I know it Championship but Nketiah is also the youngest. Our strikers can only score against the team they face each time. I'm counting the goals as equal to each other!

I know you will, you will do many other similar things that reek of agenda, but it's okay. <3

It's always possible a striker does "Pukki" and keeps same rate in bigger league (It's early, I know).

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Oh dear. The hype has started again. Why can't we let our youngsters do their thing without glorifying every single achievement? He literally scored 2 tap ins almost on the goal line. It is a good start, but that doesn't make him ready to take over from Laca already.

It happened with Reiss last season.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Oh dear. The hype has started again. Why can't we let our youngsters do their thing without glorifying every single achievement? He literally scored 2 tap ins almost on the goal line. It is a good start, but that doesn't make him ready to take over from Laca already.

It happened with Reiss last season.

I know what you're saying but at the same time, if tap ins were easy, everyone would score them...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I know what you're saying but at the same time, if tap ins were easy, everyone would score them...
This makes zero sense, a tap in its three ultimate team goal, it isn't down to individual talent that they occur but rather down to a team effort. Agree, they don't happen easily but it's a collective effort rather than an indicator of individual brilliance

Keplaz

This makes zero sense, a tap in its three ultimate team goal, it isn't down to individual talent that they occur but rather down to a team effort. Agree, they don't happen easily but it's a collective effort rather than an indicator of individual brilliance
You still need to be there to finish the chance. Depending on what type of player you have, what can be considered brilliance would be different. If you're a poacher then the tap in, I think is your bread and butter. The ability to consistently be there made Filipo Inzaghi a household name.

Even team goals or what you call collective effort still need individual brilliance. It's just more than one individual playing their part brilliantly, like many virtuosos in an orchestra.

Symbia

You still need to be there to finish the chance. Depending on what type of player you have, what can be considered brilliance would be different. If you're a poacher then the tap in, I think is your bread and butter. The ability to consistently be there made Filipo Inzaghi a household name.

Even team goals or what you call collective effort still need individual brilliance. It's just more than one individual playing their part brilliantly, like many virtuosos in an orchestra.

He is not even aware that their donkey of a striker couldn't do the tap in all game till Eddie came in and 'tapped in' which gave them the maximum 3 points.

What he said actually made sense IMO. And yes you are right. Tap in is a team effort. In modern game they are result of highly structured attacking game. But you still need good movement from the striker.

Nketiah is such a killer. Scoring tap ins is just first step and it tell us how great goal scorer he can be. But he can score all kind of goals hand has done so at every level. If he transition it to senior level you will be see goals from outside of the box, inside of the box, tap ins, solo goals. What ever.

Last edited:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
A tap-in in a Championship adds 200k to the market value so as things stand we can expect at least 5m for him. Good money.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Looking back at my post I shouldn't have mentioned how he scored those goals. It looks like I'm nitpicking, which wasn't my intention. Goals are goals, no matter how they're scored. Even if you need a bigger sample than a couple of goals.

Also on reflection as long as the overhyping stays on the player's thread and not spill over into the rest of the forum, I should have let it go.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Agreed. Emery, Raul & co. really undersold there.

The point was Vela was much more talented than Nketiah but we were haggling over his future and didn't cash in when his stock was high.

Hopefully we've learnt our lesson and will be more ruthless with youngsters in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom