• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Having hard games grouped together isn’t that bad if you get long stretches of relatively easier fixtures.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Having hard games grouped together isn’t that bad if you get long stretches of relatively easier fixtures.

Umm.. if you have hard games in a row doesn't that always mean you will get long stretches of relatively easier fixtures? Or am I missing something?

If you got all the top 6 games in a row, the rest of the year would be very easy. So that either wouldn't be "that bad" in your view?

So you're saying there is no such thing as bad fixture list for the season at all?

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Umm.. if you have hard games in a row doesn't that always mean you will get long stretches of relatively easier fixtures? Or am I missing something?

If you got all the top 6 games in a row, the rest of the year would be very easy. So that either wouldn't be "that bad" in your view?

So you're saying there is no such thing as bad fixture list for the season at all?

Yeah, it balances itself out. You figured it out in the end, well done.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

I disagree.

Playing United (A), Aston Villa (H) Crystal Palace (H), Sp**s (A), Bournemouth (H), Newcastle (A), Liverpool (H) is easier than

United, Sp**s, Liverpool all in a row followed by the easier games. Why do I say that?

Because despite what people say about "everyone plays everyone twice". When you play them is important. A big game takes its toll on you and no matter what these guys say, they play harder against United than they do against an Aston Villa, it's human nature. So imagine having 3 of them back to back, it's harder than having a "break" in between against a smaller team where you can play in third gear for the majority of the game and still win.

To put another way would you rather play Chelsea- United- City over the Christmas period in the space of 7 days? Or would you rather the games were spread out over the course of the month?

It's also why I hated the years when we would have Barcelona in the CL and then an important big game in the league or FA Cup right after. The team would be down from being knocked out and instead of having an easy tune up game against a Newcastle or Fulham to boost our confidence. We'd have to go to Old Trafford while licking our wounds. Football isn't played on paper, circumstances surrounding each game is important.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't know what happened but lately a few posters seem quite agitated for some reason.

Also in my relative short time here I haven't seen so many people banned in such short space.

Yeah, think hydro is slipping them all his sniff :Celebration:

gkoat

I disagree.

Playing United (A), Aston Villa (H) Crystal Palace (H), Sp**s (A), Bournemouth (H), Newcastle (A), Liverpool (H) is easier than

United, Sp**s, Liverpool all in a row followed by the easier games. Why do I say that?

Because despite what people say about "everyone plays everyone twice". When you play them is important. A big game takes its toll on you and no matter what these guys say, they play harder against United than they do against an Aston Villa, it's human nature. So imagine having 3 of them back to back, it's harder than having a "break" in between against a smaller team where you can play in third gear for the majority of the game and still win.

To put another way would you rather play Chelsea- United- City over the Christmas period in the space of 7 days? Or would you rather the games were spread out over the course of the month?

It's also why I hated the years when we would have Barcelona in the CL and then an important big game in the league or FA Cup right after. The team would be down from being knocked out and instead of having an easy tune up game against a Newcastle or Fulham to boost our confidence. We'd have to go to Old Trafford while licking our wounds. Football isn't played on paper, circumstances surrounding each game is important.

It's interesting you bring this up. This forum is incredibly apt at finding inequity arguments tied to scheduling as I presume most fans are for their respective teams. We don't see it firsthand but behind closed doors each team has a real gripe about these things with the league. I work in youth interscholastic sports in Texas and you'd be surprised just how many avenues these integrity arguments cover. Big games in sequence, away-fixture congestion, travel, external (cont'l) games, local logistics and evenevents, and even facility congestion external from the schedule itself.

I'm not disagreeing with any of your post but in my opinion, the latter stretch of last year, and our inability to take advantage of a better record and easier concluding schedule last spring, renders a strength-of-schedule argument less-consequential.

The team is there in paper, Emery should be able to get it done. Fingers crossed

Arsenefc should have been banned months ago. Diabolical poster. Let’s Play lost the plot and deserved (/wanted) it too.

Good to see the mods taking a firmer line.

Glad you didn't attack me. Made my day!

Anyway. Didn't agree with the ban but it was alright. I respect the mods decision. Been hard trying to stay sober and clean. Good and bad days. Had bad days before the ban.

Did use the three day ban well though. Write all the synthesis methods for my paper in organic chemistry. And worked on my caro-kann theory in chess!

BigPoppaPump

I disagree.

You are right, it takes it toll. But we’ve seen the types of runs you can go on when you have relativey easy fixtures, like when we went 22 unbeaten last season.

Obviously you don’t want to play all the hard teams one after another in the middle of December. But if we go in with a good points cushion we can take a couple hits and if we get a draw we can take it glady.

Although the best case would be get the hard away games early in the season and the big teams at home in the second half.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Arsenefc should have been banned months ago. Diabolical poster. Let’s Play lost the plot and deserved (/wanted) it too.

Good to see the mods taking a firmer line.

What did Let's Play do? I saw him trying to recruit posters to stage some kind of coup d'etat. But surely he wasn't being serious. Or did he get banned for something else?

Top Bottom