• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nacho Monreal (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smail

We have one of the smallest squads as it is. Mustafi and Elneny should go but we need to keep everyone else until at least January. This is a big season and not one to approach needing a player in an essential position should injury strike.
We need to clear the deadwood and we have to take every opportunity we get. I do rate nacho but he is in his last year and if we can get a fee now, just take it.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Stupid! He is a useful player. I don't understand the reason behind this transfer
If we manage to get rid of Mustafai, then without Nacho we don't have enough player in defense

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Great decision, one had to go with 3 LBs all expecting game time.

Kola will be an adequate solution before Tierney takes over.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Maybe Monners is pushing for a move behind the scenes, knowing that a possible 3 year contract won't be on the table in the future so he has to go for it now.

Yeah but he’d get a much higher wage because he could sign a pre-contract.

Think this is a bad call, got to get through 8 games with a LB who can’t play in a back four.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I'm not against Kola at all, but for four at the back he's far away from being an adequate solution. That aside, Monreal is able to play as a CB, which is vital if we want to avoid using Mustafi.

I believe Kola has improved as a LB, he visibly slimmed down this pre-season which was was one of the factors that was holding him back as a LB imo. The guy looked like a bodybuilder when he first came here and consequently had stamina issues and often looked gassed pass the 60min mark and it affected his performances.

I’m not worried about CB, we have Luiz, Chambers, Holding and Sokratis which is enough bodies to ensure we never see Mustafi again, especially as it seems we’re set to be playing 4 at the back most of the time.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm not convinced of his LB credentials as of yet, but we'll see anyway.

With three at the back, Holding still recovering from his injury and the age of Sokratis/Luiz considered, I would have kept Monreal around.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I'm not convinced of his LB credentials as of yet, but we'll see anyway.

With three at the back, Holding still recovering from his injury and the age of Sokratis/Luiz considered, I would have kept Monreal around.

Playing three at the back is a non factor here as we’re not going to play it regularly. Holding is already playing U23 games so he’s not ‘recovering’ but gaining his fitness back. He’ll be available after the international break or around that time.

I’m not saying Kola is a great LB but I do believe he can do a job until Tierney is ready (as Nacho he can also play CB btw).

Selling Nacho and portraying it as a stupid decision is an overstatement imo. The guy was a great servant to this Club, has one year left and wants to spend his last years playing domestically I think it’s a reasonable decision to let him go if you consider we have two capable Lbs already on the books.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I can understand why its now rather than Jan, just hope that Kola is good enough until Tierney starts. Anyway, all the best to Nacho, he's been a good player for us and a model pro.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Playing three at the back is a non factor here as we’re not going to play it regularly. Holding is already playing U23 games so he’s not ‘recovering’ but gaining his fitness back. He’ll be available after the international break or around that time.

I’m not saying Kola is a great LB but I do believe he can do a job until Tierney is ready (as Nacho he can also play CB btw).

Selling Nacho and portraying it as a stupid decision is an overstatement imo. The guy was a great servant to this Club, has one year left and wants to spend his last years playing domestically I think it’s a reasonable decision to let him go if you consider we have two capable Lbs already on the books.

It'll take Holding time to reach his top level after that kind of injury so in that regard, he is indeed recovering. Not fitness-wise maybe, but in terms of sharpness.

Letting Monreal go in August, when there's a January window is stupid, because Tierney won't be back until October in who knows which state fitness-wise and Kola is injury prone as we know.

Three at the back might be a non factor, hopefully.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This couldn't have waited til January, why? Tierney would have 2 or 3 months playing time by then and hopefully settled in.

Difficult to see the logic in letting him go now. It is a long season, and we have many young players that could benefit from an experienced player.

Strange decision if true.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Yeah but he’d get a much higher wage because he could sign a pre-contract.
I think in most cases players, especially at his age, will opt for the security of an extra year in the contract since the difference in wages would probably be negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom