• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nacho Monreal (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Gotta be honest, I personally do think he's finished. I mean it's alright against the likes of Burnley who don't play with top class wingers but at his age he's a complete liability against most sides in the PL. If he tries to support attacks he won't have the ability to get back to help out defensively. He's just not as effective as he used to be. No point in hanging on to a player who's clearly not at the level required anymore.

Also from a personal point of view, once Tierney is ready he'll be hugely out of favour and he clearly would want to be playing as much as he can given his nature.

It is a bit risky all the same, let's hope that Tierney will be ready by October and that Kola can do the job until then.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think in most cases players, especially at his age, will opt for the security of an extra year in the contract since the difference in wages would probably be negligible.

Wouldn’t be negligible, if recent cases have shown anything, some out of contract players have been able to double their wages without a transfer fee being involved.

He obviously wouldn’t be making silly money but there’s a reason Sociedad are pushing for this now.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We need to clear the deadwood and we have to take every opportunity we get. I do rate nacho but he is in his last year and if we can get a fee now, just take it.
Except he's not deadwood and the nominal fee we will get won't outweigh any points we might drop through injuries or a change formation to accommodate Kola. If Tierney was two weeks away, I'd understand somewhat. This is risky imo.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wouldn’t be negligible, if recent cases have shown anything, some out of contract players have been able to double their wages without a transfer fee being involved.

He obviously wouldn’t be making silly money but there’s a reason Sociedad are pushing for this now.
Would that really be the case for someone his age?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
They’ll probably sell him after the Sp**s game. After that we’ve got 4 league games before Tierney will be fit enough to play so they’ll probably roll with Kolasinac in those ones.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
They’ll probably sell him after the Sp**s game. After that we’ve got 4 league games before Tierney will be fit enough to play so they’ll probably roll with Kolasinac in those ones.

it seems that's the case ... I still prefer to keep him ahead of Kola

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
it seems that's the case ... I still prefer to keep him ahead of Kola

I feel the same although the opposition for the next four games isn’t that bad. Villa and Bournemouth at home and Watford and Man Utd away. You’d expect we could get three wins out of that with Kolasinac.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Whats in it for us?

We then have an injury prone first choice LB & RB with no decent backup when playing a back four. Not convinced the SPL kid even beats Nacho out in the short term.

This kind of **** at RB arguable cost us top four last season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Whats in it for us?

We then have an injury prone first choice LB & RB with no decent backup when playing a back four. Not convinced the SPL kid even beats Nacho out in the short term.

This kind of **** at RB arguable cost us top four last season.

I agree with most of this but Tierney displaces Nacho easily lets be honest.

Believe me tho, I agree with the rest, if Bellerin or Tierney don't recover from their injuries or something else happens we're in BIG BIG trouble. We're lucky United and Chelsea look so **** so we'll get plenty of opportunities but it'll make things so difficult for us.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I agree with most of this but Tierney displaces Nacho easily lets be honest.

Believe me tho, I agree with the rest, if Bellerin or Tierney don't recover from their injuries or something else happens we're in BIG BIG trouble. We're lucky United and Chelsea look so **** so we'll get plenty of opportunities but it'll make things so difficult for us.
I hope he does but with no pre season, just overcoming an injury & jumping up a big level asking alot of him. Seems to be alot of unhelpful pressure on all our new signing from day one this year due to sales + a thin squad.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd prefer that he stays, but we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. Perhaps he wants to return home to finish his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom