• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emery really needs to improve in my opinion. The way our defence is so easy to get at and attack is worrying and it seems we haven’t improved from last season.

CL or bust for me, but hopefully he proves me wrong.

The season is young but I kind of agree with this. For a manager who has put a lot lot lot of focus in defense and being a ultra defensive last year its weird we haven't improved as much as you would like.

Hopefully we will start to see the improvements as the season goes on.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If we don't get the proper front 3 next week i'll be on the Emery out bandwagon all season.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Emery's incompetence is capable of totally squandering the best transfer window we've had in a decade.

I've been Emery Out for a while, and this match was just one more example of how bad a coach he is.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Spent almost 200mil in the transfer market only for him to set his team up like we are Burnley. Ffs.

Lets hope we'll at least be the "protagonists" against the smaller sides this season for a change.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I think the setup wasn't too bad in terms of shape and intent.

Where I have concerns is that a defence focused manager is really struggling to get us looking solid even for 10 mins at time.

Obviously not emery out just 3 games in after anfield away. That would be unhinged.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If Auba or Pepe (or both) take their chances it could have been a different game. He set the team up in a way that gave us a chance, we did not take it. Would have like to seen Laca earlier but other than that, there is nothing he did wrong imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think the setup wasn't too bad in terms of shape and intent.

Where I have concerns is that a defence focused manager is really struggling to get us looking solid even for 10 mins at time.

Obviously not emery out just 3 games in after anfield away. That would be unhinged.
Results are more important than playing beautiful stuff i would take top 4 than playing great football and ends 6th

Preacher

Always Crying
Honestly those who want to criticise Emery for what we set up as today, know absolutely nothing about football.

A shame to see it in such abundance.
Yeah, he gave more space to Robertson and TAA for their crossing in exchange to packing the middle and stopping Mane and Salah. Liverpool front three look better than ball is on the floor and at their feet than it's in the air. We have dealt with every cross, albeit couple low crosses were more dangerous. We had the better chances. Plan worked until stupid corner and brain dead defending during it.

We didn't get a chance to see what plan B Emery had in mind, because very early in the second hald we conceded stupid penalty with another brain dead play and from that moment our heads dropped and we were on the ropes.

We can't play against this Liverpool side away head to head. They would blow us away. We didn't even had full strength team.

Even Pep with his 1 billion squad can't do nothing against them at Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom