• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We are well in this. Liverpool edging it but we have threat and options on the bench.

Guendouzi and Willock have been the stars for us, while Pepe has provided excellent outlet. Ceballos seems a little off the pace and been caught unaware. Xhaka has not been very good but I've seen him play way worse. Average, not really adding a great deal. The back 4 have actually been serviceable mostly. Luiz has not put a foot wrong.

I say we should bring in one of Laca and Nelson. If Laca we can move Auba wide as much as I don't like him there and both he and Pepe continue to provide that thrust. Or Nelson to provide that from wide.

Xhaka or Ceballos should come off for me.

Toast

Established Member
Ballsy setup from Emery, inviting their fullbacks up to isolate their defenders. It worked though, so kudos to the man. We had the better chances and should've scored at least once. An unlucky goal to concede. Since we're dropping deep and countering Xhaka is obviously playing to provide the long ball in behind, along Luiz, and hasn't done badly overall but **** me he makes me nervous when we're defending.

For the second half I'd assume Liverpool's fullbacks will stop bombing forward so much, so we'll have to change tactics. Xhaka off for Nelson or possibly Lacazette seems like the obvious move. 4-2-3-1.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
The we are set up we really are playing a waiting game its not a matter of if liverpool will score its when, we are not playing to any of our current strengths, if we keep playing like this we are going to be in for another blowout...

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
15 shots by Liverpool in that half. 8 of them blocked. They are putting up City vs Spuds numbers against us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka at that stage where he’s been called sh*t despite clearly not playing sh*t. I mean come on.

Fallout

sounds like i'm the only one who feels this way, but i don't care if it worked out for 40 minutes, i'm absolutely livid with these tactics.

we're lucky to have players like willock and pepe who can literally bring the ball from defense to attack all on their own. if not for their individual brilliance, we would have had zero chances. no plan at all in attack besides lump forward and hope, and the space we are giving up in the wide areas is appalling.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think we’re done here imo.

The onus is on us to take the game to Liverpool and they’ll just pick us off.

The first goal was crucial as they’d have to come at us.

Malky

Established Member
Ceballos looks like he's struggling with the pace of the game, which is understandable, his last game was against 'Hoof Ball FC'

Xhaka is awful, he's a disaster waiting to happen in the middle.

Willock is the first midfielders name on the teamsheet right now, top class prospect.
Equally as impressive, or even more is Pepe - Roberston and Van Dijk (of all defenders) look very, very cautious when he's on the ball. Very exciting signing!

boyinneedofhumor

Pepe - looks like once he starts scoring, it'll keep coming.

Xhaka - curious about his defined midfield role. Where was he positioning himself? Was it part of our game plan?

Sokratis - surprised about their goal. Not with him in that position.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Pepe and Willock exciting.. Ceballos struggling, probably our worst player so far..

Sokratis is so annoying too, can’t wait until he’s replaced in the first xi

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We're playing like a proper bottom table team but with better players. Expected better from Emery.
It's easy to say that when you're being pegged back by the other team. We havent a choice but to defend deep. When we've had the ball, we've pushed up.

say yes

forum master baiter
Hate to be harsh but anyone who thinks we’ve been bad doesn’t understand football.

Liverpool are the champions of Europe and haven’t lost a league game at home for two years.

This is the most competitive performance I’ve seen us put in at Anfield for some time. Even Sky are praising us ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom