• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Encouraging signs there in the first half, although not the most pleasant viewing. Most impressed with Willock, who's playing like someone way above his years. Hit or miss with Pepe for me, but he had some nice moments, but he should have done better on that chance. Doozy had some key interceptions as well.

If we can keep this a one goal game, I'm confident we can knick a draw. However, if we concede the second, the floodgates will likely open.

OSBK

Established Member
sounds like i'm the only one who feels this way, but i don't care if it worked out for 40 minutes, i'm absolutely livid with these tactics.

we're lucky to have players like willock and pepe who can literally bring the ball from defense to attack all on their own. if not for their individual brilliance, we would have had zero chances. no plan at all in attack besides lump forward and hope, and the space we are giving up in the wide areas is appalling.

I feel the same. I would rather we came out and went for it, i would take a 5-3 thriller over a 2-0 we were never really in it all day long

JoaoFelix

We are well in this. Liverpool edging it but we have threat and options on the bench.

Guendouzi and Willock have been the stars for us, while Pepe has provided excellent outlet. Ceballos seems a little off the pace and been caught unaware. Xhaka has not been very good but I've seen him play way worse. Average, not really adding a great deal. The back 4 have actually been serviceable mostly. Luiz has not put a foot wrong.

I say we should bring in one of Laca and Nelson. If Laca we can move Auba wide as much as I don't like him there and both he and Pepe continue to provide that thrust. Or Nelson to provide that from wide.

Xhaka or Ceballos should come off for me.

We are playing like Crystal Pace. We aren't well. We have been ****. Even Norwich showed more balls and played way better than us.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Hate to be harsh but anyone who thinks we’ve been bad doesn’t understand football.

Liverpool are the champions of Europe and haven’t lost a league game at home for two years.

This is the most competitive performance I’ve seen us put in at Anfield for some time. Even Sky are praising us ffs.
Yes I am pretty happy, good set-up found by Emery.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's easy to say that when you're being pegged back by the other team. We havent a choice but to defend deep. When we've had the ball, we've pushed up.
People forget we playing against champions of Europe at thier ground. I like attacking football but not against Liverpool at Anfield we'll end up losing badly

SteveEvets

Think we did well the setup was good. Liverpool were kept on the periphery and reduced to "dangerous" looking crosses for most of the half. Apart from the Ceballos error, they didnt have a shot on goal, until the goal.

Pepe is quality, but he is still missing that last 20% or so, which is understandable since he is just changing clubs and hasn't had a real preaseason. He's going to tear teams apart once he gets going though. As for the second half, hopefully the subs can give us that bit extra and we can nick a draw here.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Sokratis's shirt-pulling nonsense screwed us. It blocked Guendouzi from marking Matip and even if it were effective, there's VAR now ffs. You aren't getting away with it as easily anymore. Just stupid.
This should never be the case though. I don't understand how these horrible mismatch ups happen.

JoaoFelix

Hate to be harsh but anyone who thinks we’ve been bad doesn’t understand football.

Liverpool are the champions of Europe and haven’t lost a league game at home for two years.

This is the most competitive performance I’ve seen us put in at Anfield for some time. Even Sky are praising us ffs.

It isn't a good performance at all. We basically did nothing in that game.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Should take Xhaka off for Torreira if anything. That idiot is rooted to the ground sometimes. Cant get away with such lack of mobility at Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom