• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Absolutely gobsmacked at the amount of suggested lineups here that didn't include Lucas Torreira. One of the first names on the teamsheet IMO.

Anyone that states that we would have fared better with Özil should be permanently banned :lol:

People have seemingly forgotten how good Torreira was for us until January when fatigue finally caught up to him.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
People said they would be happy with loosing by 1 or 2 goals before the game. Here we are and it's still all doom and gloom. I get being dissapointed with a loss regardless, I am too but f*cking hell you can't win with some of you lot.:lol:

Can you point to those people? Could it be that the ones moaning at the result aren't those who said they'd be happy losing by 1 or 2 goals? :rolleyes:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We were never going to win at Anfield, and to be honest... bar the penalty and counter attack we were solid for most parts.

We still a defender and midfielder away from moving into spot 3 in the premier league. Hoping we can do a Koulibaly and Auaor/Havertz/Donny VD Beek in the coming windows.

Make no mistake, we are moving forward.
I think we done well you just can't make mistakes against Liverpool and expect get good result.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Absolutely gobsmacked at the amount of suggested lineups here that didn't include Lucas Torreira. One of the first names on the teamsheet IMO.

Anyone that states that we would have fared better with Özil should be permanently banned :lol:
It's perplexing. Whatever weakness he has is far outweighed by his strengths. I hope he did enough to be included in future. As you say, one of the first names on the sheet for me.

baccy_man

Established Member
I don't know why we have to make so many pointless passes that don't get us any where and then end up losing the ball,
We are still making too many sideways and back passes and no urgency in our play,

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Best way to force Liverpool back is from the front. There's no point in winning the midfield battle against them. Lacazette should've been brought on at half time.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
So, we've played the worst of any team Liverpool has played against this season except for after the subs. This is truly an Emery problem. The man is a fücking coward. From talking about how he would like never to play them to having us turn up in our shortest dress ready to be fücked.
I'm one of Emerys critics but I really don't think he was that bad today from a tactical standpoint. Had he tried to go toe to toe, we would have got pipe even harder.

Toast

Established Member
A loss here was always on the cards, but it's still frustrating. The game plan worked in the first half, but we were undone by two howlers from Luiz and sloppy finishing from Auba and Pepe. We were poor after the 2-0, but I don't think there were any easy solutions at that point. Overall, some promising signs, some negatives. If we win next week today's not much of a problem. 9 out of 12 would be an excellent start to the season for us, all things considered.

Last edited:

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
We are gonna be the best of the rest, and get top four. Anyone who thought we are gonna outplay Liverpool 3 games in at anfield surely is dreaming. They are brilliant.

I don't think the setup was terrible. Without that ****ing stupid penalty it's 2-1. If Pepe hits the target its points at anfield. Liverpool are currently exceptional, and we are just getting started.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Nicolas Pepe is very good, can't wait to see him play when he's fully accustomed to the league and his teammates.

That's all I have to say, if I write more I'll probably get banned.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I would have found a place for Torreira and Laca too. Bit disappointed about those omissions. Disappointed that he keeps finding a spot for Xhaka too, but I feel that will change. We need to find out best 11, but that will take time.
Spot on mate. We wasted 10 minutes of this match waiting for xhaka to turn and make a pass. Absolute clogger. Torreira should have played. Laca should be starting here as well. No excuse for him to be on the bench. Strange today from Emery. It’s a shame because I was optimistic for this game as well, before I seen the line up.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Expected. Win agaibst Sp**s at home will take us into an fairly easier run with 9/12 from the first 4 games and Anfield out of the way.

If we go into international break with 9/12 I'll be happy.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@Jury

The Luiz post didnt age well at all. Involved in goals 2 and 3 today. Early days but I think we have signed a dud here.

say yes

forum master baiter
We’ve got City though.

I can see us getting outplayed there too if we’re not set up correctly.

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom