• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Emery knows his players are not up to Liverpool standard. Klopp got the best CB in the world, Emery got an ageing Chelsea reject. Liverpool has 3 quality experienced mids, Arsenal have two potential talents learning their trade. Pool has two top full backs, Arsenal has their two star full backs still in the gym

And any manager who knows the quality of his players are inferior always has two choices, go for it, or play defensively and hope for a breakaway. Wenger always went for it until the last couple of years. But when he lost 8-2 the mocking was unbearable. 9/10 managers take the cautious approach.
You don't win against Liverpool playing cautiously. You win against Liverpool playing intelligently. Parking the bus and inviting crosses when you aren't good at defending crosses is not cautious, it's foolish. Ignoring the fact that you're one of 2-3 teams in the league with the attacking talent to force Liverpool onto the back foot in favor of wishing and hoping your cowardly tactics will hold up for 90 minutes is ridiculous. Nobody is denying that they've got a better squad. They damn sure have a better manager. What he did today was ill conceived and if we're being honest, not out of character. He does this against relegation fodder, not just Liverpool.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Which is precisely why it was absolute lunacy for Emery's strategy to be to allow them absolute freedom up and down the pitch. To clog the middle of the pitch against a team that wants to play down the wing, allow those excellent fullbacks not only complete freedom going forward but essentially give them nothing to do in defense was unbelievably daft. You let Lacazette sit between VVD and Matip and put Auba and Pepe right on top of TAA and Robertson and then they don't feel they have the license to just camp out in the final third and aim into the box.
It was a choice between shutting down the wingers or the fullbacks I think.

I know which ones I’m choosing every time.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Spot on, I didn't think we were that bad just Liverpool are the finished article and we are very much a work in progress.

Adrian aside that Liverpool side have played 50 games + together, compared to us,

Sokratis, Luiz - 2 appearances together
Xhaka, Willock, Guendouzi - 2 appearances together
Auba, Pepe - 1st time they have started together

We are a long way behind them currently but we have an exciting young squad, we just need time to build those partnerships and team cohesion that Liverpool have.

Yeah, did you buy the Perspective glasses I suggested people to try?

It's just amazing how people compare teams with no perspective to what is going on in the line-ups and experience, and level.

drippin

I'm saying that because some people thought it was tactical masterclass

Can you quote the person who has said it was tactical masterclass? I have seen that most people understand his tactic, which I do too, because even with 70% possession we will get hurt by one bad pass.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
:lol: @YeahBee is indoctrinating other posters ffs. He needs a ban.

Im a frekkin prophet to ya'll

Did you not see how past it he was? No speed, doesnt provide width, doesnt get involverade, cant read the game.

Amn had some shocking moments to, His nonchalance really needs to be adressed.

And might I add who was out best midfielder if not mon capitaine Xhaka?
Always positioned correctly, served Up some of his patened long range and even dribbled some

Dani was goodish, like his harrying mentallity, but had Xhaka done that pass to Lpool in the box there would be riots...

Guendozi gives and takes, what makes him good also makes him infuriating, me thinks he thinks too highly of himself...

Willock did a disappearing act after what 20min?

Pepe showed glimmers to why Raul fvcked that grandma to get him. Where was Auba?

Both CBs had minor brainfarts, but Still they are not Mustafi.

Main culprit today was Emery!

Completely wrong tactically and in selection

We sank too low, we had to hustle around to cover their fullbacks and we tried to play it out from the back too much to the point of easy to read.

Subs came way too late, Laca should have started and was given 10min?

Why not take on Kola att halftime? For all his flaws atleast he pushes forward AND has more Speed to have s chance vs Salah ffs

Symbia

You don't win against Liverpool playing cautiously. You win against Liverpool playing intelligently. Parking the bus and inviting crosses when you aren't good at defending crosses is not cautious, it's foolish. Ignoring the fact that you're one of 2-3 teams in the league with the attacking talent to force Liverpool onto the back foot in favor of wishing and hoping your cowardly tactics will hold up for 90 minutes is ridiculous. Nobody is denying that they've got a better squad. They damn sure have a better manager. What he did today was ill conceived and if we're being honest, not out of character. He does this against relegation fodder, not just Liverpool.

My views exactly, we really played like cowards that don't want to lose 10 - 0 against gaints.

Batman

True. I did mention before the game that it was worrying how narrow we'd be and leaving the fullbacks on their own.

However I don't think it cost us as much as it could've. Got done by three stupid mistakes. However Liverpool would've found their way regardless anyway, so I was encouraged by Pepe at least.
I thought Pepe was fantastic other than the failure to take his chance. Had VVD quite uncomfortable in the first half. I think he'd have been even more dangerous had we set up more logically. Where I think it cost us was in that Liverpool are most vulnerable when you actually take the match to them. Teams that cower against them make it very easy for them to play exactly how Klopp prefers. Teams that actually take the game to them knock them out of their rhythm by forcing them to get tighter in midfield and wait longer for the FBs to get back up the pitch when they regain possession. A more proactive approach may have carried slightly more risk but infinitely more reward IMO because Liverpool essentially play like the schoolyard bully. They look a much different side when punched in the face.

drippin

You mentioned agenda, maybe have a look in the mirror and stop talking about people.

Okay, show me my agenda? I'm bringing perspective to the discussion. Like I said, I'm all for constructive criticism against Emery, when it has some sanity to it.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It was indivual mistakes are you kidding me bro? They shot like 13 times in the first half. How the hell is that individual mistake? We got outclassed from the start. He tried a tactic which didn't work. Adrian gave the ball away to Auba. Apart from Pepe's occasion, we didn't do nothing offensively.
Saw Ferguson do the same to us. And it working. And get lauded for it. I saw us do the same against City and win..

This was a game decided by fine margins. If Luiz doesnt concede the penalty then its game on. If he concedes the penalty but isnt booked he takes Salah out for the third. Tierney in makes a quicker recovery tackle for the third.

We have a lot to add to this team. Özil, Tierney, Bellerin, Holding all to come back. Im not worried that we lost and am proud of the work rate and desire to keep going until the end.

Absolutely no shame losing to this Liverpool the way we did.

Dregen57

The team we just lost to got 97 points last year and are Champions of Europe. Calm down.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Okay, show me my agenda? I'm bringing perspective to the discussion. Like I said, I'm all for constructive criticism against Emery, when it has some sanity to it.

Your agenda's clearly attacking "people's" opinions because of how wrong they apparently are. There's no perspective in that, just slander.

Batman

It was a choice between shutting down the wingers or the fullbacks I think.

I know which ones I’m choosing every time.
But you can't look at it that way. Emery set up the team like he thought a point would be a miracle. If you have that little confidence in getting a point then you may as well be a bit braver and more pragmatic and try to steal 3. Everyone with eyes can see this team is not set up to park the bus and absorb pressure. Play Laca instead of Xhaka today and we're no worse off defensively in terms of absorbing pressure and infinitely more dangerous going forward since you actually force the back 4 to defend. Liverpool basically played an entire half with a back 2 against us because of how scared Emery was to engage them. Think about how pitiful that is.

drippin

I thought Pepe was fantastic other than the failure to take his chance. Had VVD quite uncomfortable in the first half. I think he'd have been even more dangerous had we set up more logically. Where I think it cost us was in that Liverpool are most vulnerable when you actually take the match to them. Teams that cower against them make it very easy for them to play exactly how Klopp prefers. Teams that actually take the game to them knock them out of their rhythm by forcing them to get tighter in midfield and wait longer for the FBs to get back up the pitch when they regain possession. A more proactive approach may have carried slightly more risk but infinitely more reward IMO because Liverpool essentially play like the schoolyard bully. They look a much different side when punched in the face.

But do you remember how they've battered us? The midfield and sides all open for counters when bad pass happens? Even if with more possession than them? Again, it's a ****, especially away.

Also, are you sure Emery didn't want to do what you suggested? What if our team with youngsters just could not perform yet? New teammates? I cannot for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom