• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
*Liverpool batter Arsenal once again."
Klopp: "Emery's Arsenal is one of the best team in the world"
say yes:
200.gif

a123

Liverpool fan here. Sky put up a terrible stat for you whereby you havent beaten a top 6 side away since January 2015. Thats incredible.

So I wouldnt worry about losing at Anfield when we havent lost at Anfield in 2.5 years and our record here for the past 2 seasons is For/Against 100-20.

You need to look at improving that away record overall and against weaker sides before even thinking about winning here.

Overall we are still much stronger than you but you were better than before, theres definitely improvement.

Youre still in transition so the consistency with your team isnt going to be there in reality, it wont be a linear progress, its going to be up and down and im afraid youve just got to put up with it. To see the wood for the trees you can only analyse yourselves compared to last year, and its better than last year, there was more of a fight even at 3-0 down.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We could have been up by two if Auba and Peps score good chances. They score two silly goals from our point of view and the game is done. At 3-0, we could have subsided. We didn't and showed character which shows this team has personality. We need our full backs back and Holding back will help too. If you can't sit tight and see we're heading the right way, you should **** off now, tbh.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
It's not shrugged off, it's the unfortunate reality of the current state of the two respective teams. We all know this isn't the level we want to be, but just because we think or pretend to think we're at their level, doesn't mean we are.

Liverpool are challenging for titles (coming off the back of Champions League glory and missing out on the PL title by mere points to a state-backed juggernaut), whereas we are challenging for top 4 (coming off an epic collapse to the season including a thrashing by Chelsea in a European final who had less to play for).

Our fanbase expects to challenge for top honors, but baby steps are needed to get where we want to be, and at this moment in time, we're some ways off whether one likes it or not.

Then you misunderstand me.

Where in my post did I mention titles or the Champions League?

Or that I expect us to compete for either?

All I'm saying, is that on a week to week basis, I don't expect us to get trashed by any team. It's that simple. A draw? Okay. Narrow defeat? Fine. We might not be able to put 38 games together and win the league but our players are supposed to be better than most players in world football.

We shouldn't be getting battered like this so often. We support Arsenal, not Bournemouth.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
That Liverpool are a fantastic side and the only way we had a chance of getting anything from the game today was to sit deep and hit them on the counter.
And we could have scored twice through that and Emery then looks a genius. Big games, big chances matter, who would have thunked it?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We building a young squad with few quality players let's get behind them and emery not criticising then after defeat against team who destroy all teams at Anfield.

Yep, good post. And criticising is fine. Constructive with perspective I mean. Otherwise is fine too, just amusing. :)

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I miss last season's Emery quick subs. Don't know why he doesn't do them anymore. He really needed to change things at half time

Iceman10

Established Member
We building a young squad with few quality players let's get behind them and emery not criticising then after defeat against team who destroy all teams at Anfield.

The passing and carrying the ball out from the back concerns me the most. There is plenty of upside as the players gel and we see a step-up with Tierney/Bellerin (full-backs), but the poor play out from the back and general sloppiness connecting the backline with CM looks like a vulnerability that isn't going away anytime soon.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I miss last season's Emery quick subs. Don't know why he doesn't do them anymore. He really needed to change things at half time

Yeah could be. But do you change Ceballos at 45 minutes to make him angry and disappointed? Or do you change him at 61 minutes (quite early) to not make him angry and disappointed? (He was bad.) The first half was okay all things considered, without the mistake in corner.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Our first choice defence is Belerin - Holding - Luiz - Tierney. Available today against the European Champions - Luiz. Let’s move on shall we .....
We are Arsenal. Always have injuries. So our backups need to be far better than they are.

Also, **** Liverpool. Their front three are NEVER EVER injured.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Great post.

Always gives me a good chuckle when someone who has never managed a football team thinks they know better than a proven winner and blame him for doing everything wrong.

Funny how that is One of My arguments when it comes to Xhaka...

Yet who is called out on that?

JoaoFelix

That’s not how football works though? A gameplan doesn’t become wrong just because you don’t get the result you wanted.

Liverpool didn’t have to get out of second gear to beat either of those teams; they were fantastic today.
Liverpool were much much better than us. There is no debate. You talking like it was a gameplan which worked. It didn't work, man. We are Arsenal not some championship team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom