• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yeah could be. But do you change Ceballos at 45 minutes to make him angry and disappointed? Or do you change him at 61 minutes (quite early) to not make him angry and disappointed? The first half was okay all things considered, without the mistake in corner.
If Ceballos gets angry for getting hooked at a place like Anfield for being poor, then that probably is a different issue altogether. He's not Messi. The team has to come first

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Our first choice defence is Belerin - Holding - Luiz - Tierney. Available today against the European Champions - Luiz. Let’s move on shall we .....
Three of them have pretty poor injury records. Wonder how often we see it.

JoaoFelix

That’s not how football works though? A gameplan doesn’t become wrong just because you don’t get the result you wanted.

Liverpool didn’t have to get out of second gear to beat either of those teams; they were fantastic today.
Do you feel like he tried to win this game? No. He tried to defend during the whole game.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Liverpool were much much better than us. There is no debate. You talking like it was a gameplan which worked. It didn't work, man. We are Arsenal not some championship team.

You can look at the post which shows how many games our line-up has had together, and compare it to Liverpool's. It's perspective.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The passing and carrying the ball out from the back concerns me the most. There is plenty of upside as the players gel and we see a step-up with Tierney/Bellerin (full-backs), but the poor play out from the back and general sloppiness connecting the backline with CM looks like a vulnerability that isn't going away anytime soon.
It's nice to play from the back but i don't think we have players who great at it maybe we'll have to wait for Tierney and Hector because at the moment only Luiz can do that

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
So because you don't have the quality that means you have to play like Stoke? He tried to be pragmatic and it was a L. So yes he deserves to get criticized. We are Arsenal Football club. What I saw there was a typical Stoke performance.
Arsenal Football Club in name, but we're not the same squad of 15+ years ago, or even 10 years ago. And Liverpool are a whole different beast.

If playing like Stoke means more points in big matches, yes. It didn't work tonight, but neither would have gung-ho attacking, given our history in these matches. I'd agree with you if we had a squad like City's or Barca's, but our squad is not of that level. We've got to try out different ideas since going toe-to-toe against top teams has constantly failed us.

I understand where you're coming from since I used to think like you, believing there was some bit of nobleness or "honor" in going down swinging, regardless of the difference in quality, but I got sick of the losing and humiliations. Pride comes before the fall, or so they say.

say yes

forum master baiter
Liverpool were much much better than us. There is no debate. You talking like it was a gameplan which worked. It didn't work, man. We are Arsenal not some championship team.
Liverpool are much better than us. They’re the European champions, regularly tear top sides apart, and haven’t lost at home to anyone in 2 years.

You can keep making meaningless statements about Arsenal “not being a championship team” all you like. The fact is that Liverpool are a class apart from us. And not even the best teams, not even the ultimate football purist Guardiola, goes to Anfield and tries to beat Liverpool at their own game.

JoaoFelix

Arsenal Football Club in name, but we're not the same squad of 15+ years ago, or even 10 years ago. And Liverpool are a whole different beast.

If playing like Stoke means more points in big matches, yes. It didn't work tonight, but neither would have gung-ho attacking, given our history in these matches. I'd agree with you if we had a squad like City's or Barca's, but our squad is not of that level. We've got to try out different ideas since going toe-to-toe against top teams has constantly failed us.

I understand where you're coming from since I used to think like you, believing there was some bit of nobleness or "honor" in going down swinging, regardless of the difference in quality, but I got sick of the losing and humiliations. Pride comes before the fall, or so they say.

So playing like this guarentee you points? Lacazette Aubamyang Pepe together could have caused more trouble. By the way as soon as lacazette came in and he caused trouble.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Liverpool are much better than us. They’re the European champions, regularly tear top sides apart, and haven’t lost at home to anyone in 2 years.

You can keep making meaningless statements about Arsenal “not being a championship team” all you like. The fact is that Liverpool are a class apart from us. And not even the best teams, not even the ultimate football purist Guardiola, goes to Anfield and tries to beat Liverpool at their own game.

Liverpool thrive at counter attacking football. So why not just try to control the game, go all out attack? It's very logical you know. Worked before?

JoaoFelix

We tried to defend and we lost.

JoaoFelix

Liverpool thrive at counter attacking football. So why not just try to control the game, go all out attack? It's very logical you know. Worked before?
At the end of the day, we lost, right? Lol don't tell me we controlled the game. We suffered the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom