• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
AMN makes more errors than Bellerin in defence. I may have agreed with you if we are talking about Wengers last season, but under Emery Bellerin was probably the most improved player. He made less mistakes and had a bigger effect on our attacking play, big miss right now.
That being said, he's coming back from a horrible injury. Will take a while before we see that form again.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
God damn you lot are reactionary. I don't even think Bellerin is as good as most Arsenal fans tend to say but even then he's a much better RB than AMN.

Jae

AMN makes more errors than Bellerin in defence. I may have agreed with you if we are talking about Wengers last season, but under Emery Bellerin was probably the most improved player. He made less mistakes and had a bigger effect on our attacking play, big miss right now.

As I said mate, he needs to cut the mistakes out of his game and that aside I think he is a better "defender" than Bellerin despite the improvement last season. Bellerin has rightfully had a fair bit of stick in the past at times. It'll be interesting to see them battle it out for a spot when Bellerin is back fit. Happy to be proven wrong mind!

Jae

God damn you lot are reactionary. I don't even think Bellerin is as good as most Arsenal fans tend to say but even then he's a much better RB than AMN.

People have short memories as well though mate.

Before Bellerin had that run of great form under Emery he was one of our most criticised players and people were wanting him sold.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
MOTM easy. Keep it up, Ainsley. I'm one of your biggest critics but no doubt you are talented! Gotta keep the focus up and you can achieve big things! CNN the fake news media!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Let’s get this straight Bellerin isn’t world class at all. If we were in the latter stages of the CL he’d be a liability defensively right now (I’m sure he can improve there as he matures).

He’s still one of the best right backs in the league for what he gives, his pace and attacking ability. His recovery speed helps in covering for his and others’ mistakes also.

AMN however can be a liability defensively on quite a consistent basis at RB. There’s room for improvement + he’s also fantastic going forward. He had a strong performance vs Newcastle, showed so much character taking all those hard tackles in the first half but fighting back.

nick gould

The young man has some fine attributes; ridiculous pace and an engine to match. His biggest problem is that he seems too casually at times. However that improved after the Manchester United game last season. He seems a lot hungrier and more aggressive.

Talking of his attributes, I think he can perform the same role done by Blaise Matuidi. We have some fine midfielders but we don't have a shunter, someone who can perform 2 roles and cover for our wing forwards. I feel Maitland can perform this role in a midfield 3, right-hand side or left. When I see him run he seems very rapid. I bet he is faster than Kante. He is never out of breath.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Very good game. Solid offensively and defensively. Few stray balls but impressive.

Exactly, he's showing improvement on the offensive side similar to how bellerin got more and more confident, and obviously got the hang of the position. I love how he turned his marker, went in field or used fakes to buy himself some space so often.

Defensively though, not sure if he'll ever be a superb right back, but a model pro like Milner who uses his talents to the fullest and works hard (and smart)

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
MOTM against Newcastle imo (and stats wise) after a rather bad pre-season. Still echoing the sentiment that he has to show it more consistently as to be a reliable back up for Bellerin.

Symbia

This kid will become a beast once he get full confidence.
Runs all day, ready to to dribble anything on his way.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Hate to say it but I don’t think he’s a good right back. He’s too soft, too slow in the challenges, caught off guard easily. Even against Newcastle, one of his better matches, you could see it. It’s just not his position.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Isn't that why he is worthy of the praise for the Newcastle match. Doing what he can in an unfamiliar position is commendable.
It is, for sure. But at what point do we start looking at him as a proper right back instead of a midfielder filling in?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It is, for sure. But at what point do we start looking at him as a proper right back instead of a midfielder filling in?
I hear you but surely a question like that is intrinsically tied to the transfer goals of the club for January and next summer? We had a few holes and we plugged what we could this window.

say yes

forum master baiter
Am I the only one who was disappointed in AMN today?

Defending wasn’t too bad but his distribution was abject at times. Really struggled against their press and made some awful passes. Seemed far too casual on the ball.

Usually cut him a lot of slack as he’s playing an unfamiliar position, but the level of his sloppiness in possession today has worried me. He’s not going to get any more time on the ball in midfield.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Defending wasn’t too bad but his distribution was abject at times. Really struggled against their press and made some awful passes. Seemed far too casual on the ball.

Usually cut him a lot of slack as he’s playing an unfamiliar position, but the level of his sloppiness in possession today has worried me. He’s not going to get any more time on the ball in midfield.
You're not. I thought he lacked composure today, something I would normally not say about him. Passing was all over the place. Defensively he was OK though.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

How many games is that excuse still valid?

His most glaring mistakes has nothing to do with position imo

If he is supposed to be a midfielder he should be BETTER technically

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Every time I think this lad has turned a corner he reminds me why I’m not overly enamoured with him.

Granted, he’s not a right back. But he’s played there often enough to not continually make the same mistakes. His lax attitude and brain dead moments are far too frequent.

He’s a talented footballer, yes. But Hector Bellerin ****s on him from a great height and in midfield there’s at least four players streets ahead of him.

Much improvement needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom