• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
So even if he proves you wrong, you can still claim you were right.
Not really. He won the league in France on the strength of PSG's squad relative to the rest of the league and was found out once he had to compete with the big boys in Europe. Similarly he has a squad that is better than all but Liverpool, City and arguably Sp**s. He should make the top 4 based on the squad at his disposal. If he makes top 4 he'll merely be doing what anyone with this calibre squad would be expected to do. It really isn't difficult to grasp unless you're a bit simple.

Batman

Jesus christ :lol:
Yeah I really expect a doofus with the manager as his profile pic(a PSG pic no less, not even an Arsenal one) to be objective in their assessment of him.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Will wait until next week to judge his outlook for this season, but if he again sets up like a ***** for NLD at home and we drop points then I'll start seriously getting worried about this season.

Going forward he needs to sort out he midfield though, both Guen and Xhaka in the line-up is a losing combo. Neither can really help defensively and Guen can't offer anything going forward either.

He totally closed down His area
Pools attack never sent thru him or His area ffs

Iceman10

Established Member
Tactically we weren't that bad in the first half actually. The extra man in CM worked pretty well. It took Liverpool to score from a set-piece to make a breakthrough. Up to that point we had had some half chances of our own.

I get the point about people saying "we are Arsenal", "we should expect more", blah blah blah, but we obviously went into this season at least two seasons behind Liverpool in terms of the first team, and will see how we do next week against Sp**s. I think remarks here and there about Emery's tactics playing into Liverpool's hands are actually slightly unfair.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Not really. He won the league in France on the strength of PSG's squad relative to the rest of the league and was found out once he had to compete with the big boys in Europe. Similarly he has a squad that is better than all but Liverpool, City and arguably Sp**s. He should make the top 4 based on the squad at his disposal. If he makes top 4 he'll merely be doing what anyone with this calibre squad would be expected to do. It really isn't difficult to grasp unless you're a bit simple.

Our squad being better than United or Chelsea isn't a fact, it is highly subjective. You could make a case we don't have a stronger squad than any of them besides Chelsea.

Oh nice of you to include the last line. Maybe we are all simpletons, unable to see things like you do.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Yeah I really expect a doofus with the manager as his profile pic(a PSG pic no less, not even an Arsenal one) to be objective in their assessment of him.

We just lost to the best team in the world. Calm down. I’m not Emery’s biggest fan, but he deserves a second season.

Hexagon9

Allegri is available. At least I know for sure he can organize a defense. Arteta is learning under the brightest football mind of his generation. I'd take him. Favre is a genius. I'd have him as well.

Defence is spelt with a “c”.

Several served under SAF who went on to fail.

Einstein was a genius, Favre isn’t.

I think you’re a simpleton.

Batman

Defence is spelt with a “c”.

Several served under SAF who went on to fail.

Einstein was a genius, Favre isn’t.

I think you’re a simpleton.
This is adorable. If you're actually reduced to criticizing the way I spell a word because I'm not European then I feel pretty good about the substantive points I made.

Batman

We just lost to the best team in the world. Calm down. I’m not Emery’s biggest fan, but he deserves a second season.
No he doesn't. He bottled top 4 against relegation fodder and then was blown off the pitch by a team with 1 dangerous player in the competition he bet everything on. He should have been sacked the second the whistle blew in Baku. :facepalm:

Batman

Our squad being better than United or Chelsea isn't a fact, it is highly subjective. You could make a case we don't have a stronger squad than any of them besides Chelsea.

Oh nice of you to include the last line. Maybe we are all simpletons, unable to see things like you do.
United finished behind us last season and have improved less than we have this season. Chelsea lost the player that carried them to finishing narrowly above us last season whilst we have drastically improved our squad. There's very little argument that we don't have a better squad than those 2. You decided that you wanted to be cute and suggest that I was hedging my bets so I'd be "right" about Emery. I'm already right about Emery. He's been handed a top 4 squad. If he doesn't make top 4 with it then he's failed. If he does, then he's merely done what one should with that level of squad just as was the case when he won the title with PSG after buying the best player from the team that won the title the year prior and f*cking Neymar.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No he doesn't. He bottled top 4 against relegation fodder and then was blown off the pitch by a team with 1 dangerous player in the competition he bet everything on. He should have been sacked the second the whistle blew in Baku. :facepalm:

So you think it's good to sack managers after 1 year, even if not clearly underperforming? Not many examples like "life after Wenger". How do you think it affects how attractive Arsenal is to potential managers? If he won in Baku, no sack? It's one game, to get he won good teams.

We can sack him next year without any cost because of the contract he has. He has contract next year too, which is good for longevity.

JoaoFelix

With Seville he didn't win away game all season in his last season. He is also known to be the coach of the " REMONTA " when Barca won 6-1. How many times we won away games last year? Plus he finished outside of top 4 and bottled in Baku. Nagelsman, Gasperini, Favre are the ones we should go after.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure I’d say we played well in the first half, Liverpool always looked like scoring. Even if Pepe had scored it would’ve been a draw at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom