• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You realize there is an area in between the cowardice Emery set out today and what you're suggesting right? Unless you have one of these big physical teams like you see at the bottom of the table whose default tactic is to park the bus it is not a prudent idea to try to stay in a shell for 90 minutes with no outlet on the counter. We're weak defending set pieces and weak in the air and our tactic was to allow as many crosses as Liverpool wanted and concede a million corners when they've got Van Dijk. The only way to go and get a result against a team like Liverpool is to force them to alter their game and be brave enough to push their fullbacks back by giving them someone to mark. It's not Jordan Henderson or Fabinho or Wijnaldum who are shredding teams and springing that front 3. It's the fullbacks who are providing the service more often than not so to decide that the best course of action was to give those fullbacks free reign to do exactly that was shocking from Emery.
All manager have thier style mourinho won everything playing in this style against top teams i dont get why people don't like it. You can't go to Anfield Etihad play beautiful football and expect to destroy them that not going to happen.

Emery gone with plan that is to stop Liverpool front 3 to move freely and its worked we had our chances we had 10 shoots today so let's not pretend we spent we done f**k all offensively it was up to pepe ane auba to be clinical and they didn't so that's not manager fault

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
You guys are making this Liverpool team sounds like world all stars.

This is the team that struggled against the bang average Chelski team in the super cup.

Tactics or not we reduced ourselves to tad average team before them because we were afraid of them. Played like a bottom team today.
You kniw it's different to play in Istanbul in natural ground and to play at Anfield?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
You guys are making this Liverpool team sounds like world all stars.

This is the team that struggled against the bang average Chelski team in the super cup.

Tactics or not we reduced yourselves to tad average team before them because we were afraid of them. Played like a bottom team today.

Tbf Liverpool are a different animal at Anfield- it’s always gonna be a different game on neutral ground .

We didn’t get embarrassed today but we didn’t really carry a threat which was disappointing. Ah well, no time to feel sorry for ourselves- huge game against Spuds to prepare for.

benjamin86

Established Member
I would have tried to win. Which he didn't. Because when you lose 2-0 and bring in Torreira instead of a striker. That shows you didn't want to win.
I thought Torreira caused them a few problems disrupting LFC's midfield and defense area, i'd be interested to see him play there against LFC at home. Henderson and wijnaldum arn't particularly press resistant so putting a player around them might be something we could do in the future...?

Symbia

No, these are the european Champions, unbeaten at home for over two years and confident against us at the back of their recent results at Anfield.

We're integrating new players and forced to play with at least half our first first defense out.

These are not excuses, but facts. Based on which evidence could our players/coach have gone into this match, thinking we could beat them with an attacking setup/gameplan?
I wasn't expecting us to win but at least we should've played with our heads up.

What we played today isn't even a meaningful tactics. All the midfield sitting back given the ball away in very dangerous areas isn't tactics, we played like a small team that feard humiliating and that's the message.

If we really want to play a counter game we should set up a game breaker at middle and be ready do move the ball forward with pace.

Symbia

Tbf Liverpool are a different animal at Anfield- it’s always gonna be a different game on neutral ground .

We didn’t get embarrassed today but we didn’t really carry a threat which was disappointing. Ah well, no time to feel sorry for ourselves- huge game against Spuds to prepare for.
We didn't get embarrass but our tactics suggest us to be cowards.

I don't really want to go berserk on this but it seems like our team is not even confidence of their ability.

I see the current Arsenal squad as a team that can stand head high against any Epl team and make their point.

That's what I see, seems like our coach see a different team altogether.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'd guess Ceballos was meant to be the one to transition play and link up between midfield and attack but he seemed to be the wrong choice for that today, alongside Xhaka.

Maybe all that playing out of the back was also a way to use the pace of our attackers by playing balls over the top to disable Liverpools pressing game.

There's still a lot of work to do for us to improve in these these games, although Liverpool and their intensity are a rather unique opponent in this League, which means we'll surely express ourselves more over the coming months against different teams.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We didn't get embarrass but our tactics suggest us to be cowards.

I don't really want to go berserk on this but it seems like our team is not even confidence of their ability.

I see the current Arsenal squad as a team that can stand head high against any Epl team and make their point.

That's what I see, seems like our coach see a different team altogether.
Tell me who was the last team gone to Liverpool attacked them and won? The tactics weren't coward it was again as i said to stop thier front 3 to have space to exploit

Symbia

All manager have thier style mourinho won everything playing in this style against top teams i dont get why people don't like it. You can't go to Anfield Etihad play beautiful football and expect to destroy them that not going to happen.

Emery gone with plan that is to stop Liverpool front 3 to move freely and its worked we had our chances we had 10 shoots today so let's not pretend we spent we done f**k all offensively it was up to pepe ane auba to be clinical and they didn't so that's not manager fault
Mayb I watched a different teams. Mourinho plays a defensive contious team with game breakers and counter attacking set up.

Saw our team as Stoke today, stay at the back and hoof it to two men up front and let them fend for themselves.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

People saying Norwich are a better team then us becayse they "caused some problems" despite getting a worse result then us I can't even with some of you. :lol:

Gameplan was working, if Pepe had managed to slot one of his chances in you lot would have been hailing Emery as a tactical genius ffs. We conceded from a set piece and a pen, guess Emery should have known Luiz would make a stupid foul in the box. Stop the knee-jerking and move on to Sp*rs, christ.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is the whole point about Emery’s midfield. This is his second season and you struggle to see what he is trying to build. He keeps changing them around with no clear structure. You don’t need 100m to build a character and work ethic of what is required from a midfield. When you see the City ( pure craft and ability to operate in tight spaces ) and Liverpool ( compact and efficient) midfield you know what to expect. It’s simple and straightforward.

Oh my.. Just look at your post and its contradictions. You're saying we have no structure (new teammates across the field with injuries to important players still), you don't need over 100 million to build. And you compare it to City & Pool.

It's just great stuff, you cannot invent it! It's so simple and straighforward! (When you don't think large picture at all!)

Symbia

Tell me who was the last team gone to Liverpool attacked them and won? The tactics weren't coward it was again as i said to stop thier front 3 to have space to exploit
Didn't suggest we play attacking game but I'm sure none of the top six teams will stay at the back passing the ball amongst themselves, putting unnecessary pressure.

I was expecting massive defense but with a bit of few attacking runners. Something you really won't achieve with Xhaka.

drippin

People saying Norwich are a better team then us becayse they "caused some problems" despite getting a worse result then us I can't even with some of you. :lol:

Gameplan was working, if Pepe had managed to slot one of his chances in you lot would have been hailing Emery as a tactical genius ffs. We conceded from a set piece and a pen, guess Emery should have known Luiz would make a stupid foul in the box. Stop the knee-jerking and move on to Sp*rs, christ.

Some of these guys talking here will never say Emery made good tactical choice, even if successful. Rather kick the guy on the ground (and themselves) at the same time.

Symbia

Pepe is very good in one on one situation. Noticed that VVD avoided him all game, usually came close to him while other players are closing him down.

Looking forward to watching him murder defenders.

Finesse

Oh my.. Just look at your post and its contradictions. You're saying we have no structure (new teammates across the field with injuries to important players still), you don't need over 100 million to build. And you compare it to City & Pool.

It's just great stuff, you cannot invent it! It's so simple and straighforward! (When you don't think large picture at all!)

Typical responses lacking in context! It’s our second season with Emery. What is the midfield structure ? Feel free to respond in detail. Again making excuses about injuries and new players.

Yes we can compare it to City and Pool and the rationale was highlighted! What’s the cost of Liverpool’s midfield.

You think in a big picture with no perspective. That’s why you see very little.

JoaoFelix

Norwich has a weaker team than us by faaar. It's not even comparable. The difference is I see a philosphy, style with their coach. Not with Emery. Speaking of philosophy what's the philosphy of Emery? Can you tell me what is Emery's playing style?
Because after watching again today Norwich I can tell you that they got a philosphy. He's changing his playing style depending on the oppenent. He has been like since Seville. Unai Emery won 0 away League games in his last season as Sevilla manager, drawing 9 and losing 10. Emery never finished in the top 4 with Sevilla. I can also remember you the famous " Remontada against Barcelona.

Fallout

a manager's job is to pick a selection of players + a tactic that maximizes likelihood of success. what emery did today did not meet that criteria. we gave up control of the wide areas, put our back line under a mountain of pressure, and had no structure for advancing the ball from defense to attack.

people want to talk about pepe's miss and how it would have changed the game. how about ceballos giving the ball away under pressure to a liverpool player in the middle of our box? how about the endless crosses that fortunately enough didnt connect? those are quality opportunities that i would love for us to have had.

fergie showed us plenty of times over the years how an organized team should be set up to limit the opponent's chances and counter swiftly, and oftentimes he outdid us with inferior players. we looked really, really far off that template -- not even close.

i'm all for being defensive when we are the underdogs, but this system was miles off from being the answer.

JoaoFelix

a manager's job is to pick a selection of players + a tactic that maximizes likelihood of success. what emery did today did not meet that criteria. we gave up control of the wide areas, put our back line under a mountain of pressure, and had no structure for advancing the ball from defense to attack.

people want to talk about pepe's miss and how it would have changed the game. how about ceballos giving the ball away under pressure to a liverpool player in the middle of our box? how about the endless crosses that fortunately enough didnt connect? those are quality opportunities that i would love for us to have had.

fergie showed us plenty of times over the years how an organized team should be set up to limit the opponent's chances and counter swiftly, and oftentimes he outdid us with inferior players. we looked really, really far off that template -- not even close.

i'm all for being defensive when we are the underdogs, but this system was miles off from being the answer.
Merci

JoaoFelix

You forgot to add they provoked that first goal. By putting pressure on us which leds to that corner.

drippin

Typical responses lacking in context! It’s our second season with Emery. What is the midfield structure ? Feel free to respond in detail. Again making excuses about injuries and new players.

Yes we can compare it to City and Pool and the rationale was highlighted! What’s the cost of Liverpool’s midfield.

You think in a big picture with no perspective. That’s why you see very little.

Structure in midfield was 3 players who have maximum 1 game together, all age 20-23. Comparing it to "not spending 100 million" City & Pool who have been together for over a season and winning PL & UCL.

I'm not going to this further. Look at your earlier post if you have the guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom