• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallout

You forgot to add they provoked that first goal. By putting pressure on us which leds to that corner.
agree. the amount of pressure our players had to absorb over the 90 minutes was simply too much.

it's one thing when we are on the front foot and someone makes a stupid mistake -- that's on the player. it's another thing when we are getting absolutely rinsed for the vast majority of the play and a mistake happens -- that's on the manager.

fact is we were playing in an unsustainable way and got the result we deserved. we did not give a proper account of ourselves here. i actually rate our squad a lot and am very disappointed by the lack of competitiveness we showed today.

Finesse

Structure in midfield was 3 players who have maximum 1 game together, all age 20-23. Comparing it to "not spending 100 million" City & Pool who have been together for over a season and winning PL & UCL.

I'm not going to this further. Look at your earlier post if you have the guts.

You have enough guts to make excuses upon excuses for a poor approach to a game. Please look no further.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You have enough guts to make excuses upon excuses for a poor approach to a game. Please look no further.

I'm sure Captain Hindsight from Southpark would give us good advice, and I'm happy to hear them when constructive with perspective. (Happy anyway as a person. :))

We don't agree, it's fine, thanks for the exchange.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Worst thing we did yesterday (again) was try and play it from the back. We should have got the ball quickly to Pepe etc and given ourselves more chances at one-one-ones.

ASIF

Liverpool didn't lose in Anfield like in 2 years better teams than us gone thier and tried to win and got destroyed why you think Arsenal who didnt win away against top 6 side in last 22 games would win against current European champion?
So if you think we dont have a chance to win why watch us play then.Once we conceded the 2nd goal Emery should have brought on lacazette or Nelson.We gave them too much respect and paid the price.

blaze_of_glory

Significantly better performance tbf. We really struggled after their second goal but before that we were very competive. Two missed 1v1s and an open goal.
Really don’t think so. Thought the performance was really bad tbh. We’re living off individual moments of skill and errors from the opposition for our attacks and still look vulnerable at the back. We had nothing going forward at all from a team perspective.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
If I speak I am in big trouble
GGVvvMU.jpg

KZTC4zB.jpg

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The setup was fine. Auba and Pepe should have had us 2-0 up, if you don't take those type of chances vs the best team in Europe you'll always be punished.

All in all, it is what it is. At least we know we're not going to Anfield again this season (barring a cup draw).

All manager have thier style mourinho won everything playing in this style against top teams i dont get why people don't like it. You can't go to Anfield Etihad play beautiful football and expect to destroy them that not going to happen.

Emery gone with plan that is to stop Liverpool front 3 to move freely and its worked we had our chances we had 10 shoots today so let's not pretend we spent we done f**k all offensively it was up to pepe ane auba to be clinical and they didn't so that's not manager fault
I watched half the game but from what I saw I have to disagree with this and agree with @Batman. We were absolutely shocking in the manner we played and quite frankly if that was the manager's plan then its argonisingly shocking that he did nothing about it after the half our mark!

Everyone and their dogs know that Pool have the best attacking fullbacks in the PL if not the world yet we let them roam around with so much freedom that it was laughable. Also, why play from behind time and again when you realise that you just can't do it against them!

You could just see that Kloop studied how we strugled with Burnley's press when playing at the back and he instructed his team to completely press us while they were in training. Emery on the other hand, could have looked at the Pool vs Southampton game and copied the latters tactics and forced them to make the mistakes they made against Soton! They made the same mistakes against Norwich; don't be fattered by the result.
For a manager who is lauded at being a really serious about videos and all, I can't fathom how he could have missed that! Now I hope he learns and changes cos this for me is what separates top managers from ordinary ones, which is exactly what I have seen from Emery today.

There is no shame in losing and am not saying that we should have won but atleast we ought to have given them something to worry about.
I am sure that had we played on our streangths then we'd give them some trouble and that was clearly playing our best front three and make sure that their fullbacks don't maraud our defence and if they try we punish them. Ofcoures Auba didnt help by not tucking away the through ball he was played in.

I could go on and on but overall the fact remains that Emery was very poor in setting up the team today. Again, don't be flattered by the result. With the chances Pool had, this could have easily turned out to be a very very embarassing result.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So what? Spuds just stole points from City.
They done so by staying behind the ball. Not attacking them. More than one way to be successful. Or as Emery prefers chameleon like.

We went with a game plan. It was fine. Two bad mistakes. Two missed chances. A team that will completely change in a matter of weeks.

And we are still second in the league :)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Almost forgot as well. We were not the first of the pack to drop points. Man Utd and Chelsea have already dropped points. In the race thats important as they are playing catch up to us and for us we now have to maintain and begin increasing the gap further. Sp**s isnt an ideal team to rebound against but we have to.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Oof some bad takes in this thread. People actually thinking we should be going toe to toe at possibly the toughest ground / team in Europe right now. We have some good talents in this team but we are some way from being a well oiled machine.

They done so by staying behind the ball. Not attacking them. More than one way to be successful. Or as Emery prefers chameleon like.

We went with a game plan. It was fine. Two bad mistakes. Two missed chances. A team that will completely change in a matter of weeks.

And we are still second in the league :)
Not by the end of the day, were not. And btw, even a ****ty plan is a plan;)

Last edited:

Oof some bad takes in this thread. People actually thinking we should be going toe to toe at possibly the toughest ground / team in Europe right now. We have some good talents in this team but we are some way from being a well oiled machine.
This is the kind of loser mentallity that needs to be washed off this club.
Nobody wants us to go toe to toe with them, just dont concede chances for fun. Now tell me, is that too much to ask!
Tottenham, whom we are expected to compete with for third and forth took points off the domestic treble Champs! So tell me why we you don't think we can do the same for them and whether you reckon they'll go unbeaten just because they are European Champions.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

One good window and Emery should be setting the team up to take the game to ****ing Liverpool at Anfield.

97 ****ing points and European Champions last season but Emery got it all wrong today....never change A-M :lol: :lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This is the kind of loser mentallity that needs to be washed off this club.
Nobody wants us to go toe to toe with them, just dont concede chances for fun. Now tell me, is that too much to ask!
Tottenham, whom we are expected to compete with for third and forth took points off the domestic treble Champs! So tell me why we you don't think we can do the same for them and whether you reckon they'll go unbeaten just because they are European Champions.

No I agree the mistakes are not good enough. My point being there are some positives to take away because those mistakes aside we were okay all things considered (missing first team players, New players etc). I'm not devastated by the loss and am not going to go mad over it, pretty annoyed at Luiz though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom