• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Guendozi is still erratic positionally, especially defensivly.
He has suspect decision--making

Willock was not involved much.

Dani is not a kid and I am not critical about him really (apart from that insane cross into our own box) didnt think he was the one to be subbed

Xhaka was our best midfielder. And much about that is that he is positionally sound!

Being the best midfielder in a 3-1 loss isn't a positive. Especially when the others are two kids and someone with a short preseason and new to the team and league.

Xhaka isn't good enough to challenge for the title

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
And now we are back to Cazorla :frustrated::facepalm::rolleyes:

How would he have saved us today from being overwhelmed on the flanks?

Xhaka kept His area well thou mind I add... Pools attack didnt go thru him...

How would Santi have helped us from 3 cb brainfarts?

Xhaka provides height and size centrally which we need when our nr1 dm is a toddler and Guendozi is strong as a 12yo

We got one FB who losses concentration and One who doesnt have the tank to provide width and lack the speed needed to recover anymore

How would Santi help Auba and Pepe Score their chances?
Xhaka atleast provides chances for Them, sooner or later they must score

Last edited:

Jae

Dani is not a kid and I am not critical about him really (apart from that insane cross into our own box) didnt think he was the one to be subbed

He had a poor game by his standards, and I'm not counting him because he was playing on the wing not in midfield. He should have started in that midfield position over Xhaka.

It's really interesting, how this "scape goat thing" is working.

By the way: Sokratis and Luiz were fault for all our three goals.

How is he being scapegoated? Nobody has said he was responsible for any of the goals. We didn't lose because of Xhaka today, but it has been pointed out that he, along with the rest of the team, didn't have the best of games. The reason why nobody else is being mentioned it because this is the Xhaka thread :rolleyes:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He had a poor game by his standards, and I'm not counting him because he was playing on the wing not in midfield. He should have started in that midfield position over Xhaka.

How is he being scapegoated? Nobody has said he was responsible for any of the goals. We didn't lose because of Xhaka today, but it has been pointed out that he, along with the rest of the team, didn't have the best of games. The reason why nobody else is being mentioned it because this is the Xhaka thread :rolleyes:

How did Xhaka have a bad game?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
And now we are back to Cazorla :frustrated::facepalm::rolleyes:

How would he have saved us today from being overwhelmed on the flanks?

Xhaka kept His area well thou mind I add... Pools attack didnt go thru him...

How would Santi have helped us from 3 cb brainfarts?

Xhaka provides height and size centrally which we need when our nr1 dm is a toddler and Guendozi is strong as a 12yo

We got one FB who losses concentration and One who doesnt have the tank to provide width and lack the speed needed to recover anymore

How would Santi help Auba and Pepe Score their chances?
Xhaka atleast provides chances for Them, sooner or later they must score
I think everyone here has agreed that this defeat is not because of Xhaka. The problem is on the bigger scheme of things, Xhaka doesn't bring anything to the table. What's the point of height and body if he is mentally a *****? Even in today's match, he just returned the pass back to the gk or defender immediately if a Liverpool player was even closer in the vicinity. If he tries to take them on, he knows that he would give the ball away. The overall consensus here is there is no point in having him in the team if Gendouzi is also playing. At least Gendouzi has age and will get better.

Jae

How did Xhaka have a bad game?

Firstly, I was referring to Ceballos.

Secondly, I never said Xhaka had a bad game, I said that he wasn't good, flip your question on its head and ask yourself what he did in that game that was so great, other than break up a few passes, because he was non-existant that first half...

He only came into the game towards the end of the second half when Liverpool decided they couldn't be arsed anymore and took their foot off the gas (because the game was won).

Are you Xhaka in disguise? You seem to take things very personally whenever anyone says anything negative about him.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I think everyone here has agreed that this defeat is not because of Xhaka. The problem is on the bigger scheme of things, Xhaka doesn't bring anything to the table. What's the point of height and body if he is mentally a *****? Even in today's match, he just returned the pass back to the gk or defender immediately if a Liverpool player was even closer in the vicinity. If he tries to take them on, he knows that he would give the ball away. The overall consensus here is there is no point in having him in the team if Gendouzi is also playing. At least Gendouzi has age and will get better.

How can you Keep playing Guendozi when it is a cointoss if he will succeds with stuff or not? He tries stuff way over his head. He plays like he is Pogba

Half the time he is not where he is supposed to be?

Xhaka keeps us ticking, how do you fail to see that? If the ball is moving and we keep possesion we are building up something
He provides his long range game to which gives us another dimension. How can you fault him for others not taking advantage?

Today Xhaka did what a cm/DM should . No attacks came thru His area, you do realize a cm can be doing his job without actually win the ball? He was 100% in covering his area. He closed down passing/running lanes and he had His opp marked, tidied Up for others, intercepted and got stuck in as needed.

Wasnt getting super involved going forward (except for the Long crosses) but that is down to hon having to cover mainly Guendozi...

Xhaka even took them on and succeded ffs, your failures to acknowledge him are ridic, yet im the One with an agenda...

This goes for @Jae to

RacingPhoton

Established Member
How can you Keep playing Guendozi when it is a cointoss if he will succeds with stuff or not? He tries stuff way over his head. He plays like he is Pogba

Xhaka keeps us ticking, how do you fail to see that? If the ball is moving and we keep possesion we are building up something
He provides his long range game to which gives us another dimension. How can you fault him for others not taking advantage?

Today Xhaka did what a cm/DM should . No attacks came thru His area, you do realize a cm can be doing his job without actually win the ball? He was 100% in covering his area. He closed down passing/running lanes and he had His opp marked, tidied Up for others, intercepted and got stuck in as needed.

Wasnt getting super involved going forward (except for the Long crosses) but that is down to hon having to cover mainly Guendozi...

Xhaka even took them on and succeded ffs, your failures to acknowledge him are ridic, yet im the One with an agenda...

This goes for @Jae to
Gendouzi is young and he is not a 50/50 cointoss. He does well more often than not.

There is no use of Xhaka's long range pass. When has that ever resulted in a goal? That's an useless skill to have in the Premier League. And he needs plenty of time and space to do that.

Xhaka did not keep us ticking. If getting the ball from defender and giving back to them or gk is what you call ticking, then maybe yes. Otherwise I don't think he kept us ticking attacking wise. Willock was doing a much better job getting the attack ticking when he was played in that position.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Hate Xhaka being in the team usually, but this time I think Niet has a point tbh. He was one of if not our best midfielders today, with what little offensive impetus we had going through him mostly, yet this thread is active about how he is not good enough, meanwhile the Guen and Willock threads are filled with people sucking them off about how great they were. It's just bizarre.

Jae

This goes for @Jae to

I'm done arguing with you mate, you're like a broken record. Let's face facts, you think Xhaka is amazing, I think he is on the whole quite average with the capacity to have the occasional great game, we're never going to agree on it.

It's just silly that I haven't really even been critical about him regarding this fixture yet you're still kicking off and acting like he was the best player on the pitch (as usual).

If you think being over 6 foot with the capability of putting in a few sideways passes, a few tippy tappy passes with our defenders, a few back passes to our GK, the odd tackle, the odd error leading to a goal, the occasional long ball and a couple of long distance goals every season makes a good footballer then maybe you should go and support someone like Burnley, they have plenty of midfielders who are awesome at doing just that.

We're Arsenal mate and we expect more, something extra special, which unfortunately Xhaka doesn't have, and if he did I'm guessing a bigger club than us would have snapped him up by now.
He's been gash for the best part of 3 seasons now and it's always seems to be someone else's fault (Ramsey, Özil, Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock our defenders, our goalkeeper, our strikers for not tracking back, the manager, the formation, the tactics).

Jae

Hate Xhaka being in the team usually, but this time I think Niet has a point tbh. He was one of if not our best midfielder today yet this thread is active about how he is not good enough, meanwhile the Guen and Willock threads are filled with people sucking them off about how great they were. It's just bizarre.

It's horses for courses at the end of the day mate, some people watch games and interpret things differently.

Narrowly being "the best midfielder" in a game where we get beat 3-1 and the other two midfielders are kids is hardly anything to brag about is it? It was a 6/10 performance at best anyway even if this was the case.

Willock was worse but Guendouzi was better IMO.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's not that Xhaka had a poor game, it's his lack of mobility that kills us. I actually thought he was decent enough, he managed position himself quite well in the first half and had a lot of interceptions. The problem is he can't dribble away from pressure so is always looking for a pass, just a dream player to press against really.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
It's not that Xhaka had a poor game, it's his lack of mobility that kills us. I actually thought he was decent enough, he managed position himself quite well in the first half and had a lot of interceptions. The problem is he can't dribble away from pressure so is always looking for a pass, just a dream player to press against really.
And that's something you cannot afford against a team like liverpool who press relentlessly. He doesn't find space. Cant get away from a marker and even if he does, he just gets the ball and passes it back to the defenders. Slows us down so much

uriazu

Im a real hater of Xhaqa but yesterday he was not that bad. He was just himself and against a top team that's the best he can do. He is not a quality midfielder and he and all the other in midfield also were easily overrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom