• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Doubt Oblak would want to leave for United but who knows - money talks sometimes.

Atletico have a serious chance of winning La Liga this year and with Messi phasing out and Madrid in a bit of a mess Atletico could really push on over the next few years and become a powerhouse.

I wouldnt leave there at this stage unless its for money.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
What? I thought he signed. Where's he going to go now with Courtois at Madrid?

Would love to see United pay 80M for someone like Pickford tho. :D

Do you think Onana might be on a move next summer. He's a fairly decent keeper with a high ceiling.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Do you think Onana might be on a move next summer. He's a fairly decent keeper with a high ceiling.
Onana, Tagliafico, Neres, Ziyech and vd Beek were all ready and expected to leave this summer. All of them re-signed, or will (Donny), so I don't really know anymore, unprecedented territory for Ajax since the Bosman-ruling in 95'. Ajax can pay their best players 5m + huge bonusses too now, and they are all enjoying their time at Ajax. So I give ajax a good chance of keeping them, if they keep performing in Europe.

United can give Onana 8M a year, and a starting spot if De Gea leaves. That will be a big pull, but I don't think he'll want to trade in Amsterdam for Manchester.

Malky

Established Member
Could genuinely see United going for someone like Pope/Pickford if De Gea is on the way out. They're no longer seen as an exciting project for a young keeper like Onana and years of huge investment with a competent manager away from luring Europe's best, like Oblak. Think Pope or Pickford is their level, unless their scouts find an absolute gem.

razörist

Atletico won’t negoiate, Oblak has a release clause of 120M and is signed until 2023.

He’s not leaving to Man Utd in January ffs.
120M? Seems a bit low nowadays. Better upgrade his contract and make it 250.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

120M? Seems a bit low nowadays. Better upgrade his contract and make it 250.

250M is too high for any club to play meaning Oblak can’t get a move until 2023. It would mean if he really wanted to leave he’d have to put in a transfer request and then the club is forced to negotiate and potentially sell for less than his worth.

By making his release clause a fair price they can reasonably take the default position of refusing to negotiate.

razörist

250M is too high for any club to play meaning Oblak can’t get a move until 2023. It would mean if he really wanted to leave he’d have to put in a transfer request and then the club is forced to negotiate and potentially sell for less than his worth.

By making his release clause a fair price they can reasonably take the default position of refusing to negotiate.
Oh, I think Oblak is worth that money, now that the goalkeeper market is more open with the fees for Kepa and Alisson.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

From the BBC Gossip:

Lionel Messi will be allowed to leave Barcelona on a free transfer next summer, should the 32-year-old Argentina forward desire, owing to a clause in his contract. (El Pais, via L'Equipe)

Messi will be allowed to negotiate his future with any club from 1 January. (Marca - in Spanish)

Messi. Sanllehi. Just saying... :D

Almost definitely Pep if he's going.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
From the BBC Gossip:

Lionel Messi will be allowed to leave Barcelona on a free transfer next summer, should the 32-year-old Argentina forward desire, owing to a clause in his contract. (El Pais, via L'Equipe)

Messi will be allowed to negotiate his future with any club from 1 January. (Marca - in Spanish)

Messi. Sanllehi. Just saying... :D

He needs to just retire at Barca, normally I don't care about what players do towards the end of their career but if he goes anywhere else at this stage in his career it just feels wrong.

The PL wouldn't get the best Messi and I really don't want to see that, I also hope he doesn't join a Saudi, Chinese, American club either, in years to come I want to check back on Messi's career and just see that one club stat throughout.

For me he's the greatest ever and being at one club is quite special in the days where loyalty doesn't really exist in football.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He needs to just retire at Barca, normally I don't care about what players do towards the end of their career but if he goes anywhere else at this stage in his career it just feels wrong.

The PL wouldn't get the best Messi and I really don't want to see that, I also hope he doesn't join a Saudi, Chinese, American club either, in years to come I want to check back on Messi's career and just see that one club stat throughout.

For me he's the greatest ever and being at one club is quite special in the days where loyalty doesn't really exist in football.

I agree with that and I do think there's about a 90 percent chance that will happen. Forgetting the fact that nobody (not even City) is paying him the money Barcelona is (thus he'd be giving up a ton of cash, although that's not the most important thing when you've made as much as he has), Barcelona has been his home since he was a child. I get the "new challenge" thing, but I think he'd really have to have fallen out with the hierarchy in a major way or be very unhappy for some reason.

The only thing I could see is that maybe in a few years he might be inclined to go home and play for Boca Juniors or Newell's Old Boys or somebody in Argentina. But I'll be really surprised if he ends up in England (although certainly I'd welcome him at Arsenal if for no other reason than the statement :lol:).

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I agree with that and I do think there's about a 90 percent chance that will happen. Forgetting the fact that nobody (not even City) is paying him the money Barcelona is (thus he'd be giving up a ton of cash, although that's not the most important thing when you've made as much as he has), Barcelona has been his home since he was a child. I get the "new challenge" thing, but I think he'd really have to have fallen out with the hierarchy in a major way or be very unhappy for some reason.

The only thing I could see is that maybe in a few years he might be inclined to go home and play for Boca Juniors or Newell's Old Boys or somebody in Argentina. But I'll be really surprised if he ends up in England (although certainly I'd welcome him at Arsenal if for no other reason than the statement :lol:).

I hope so but I thought the same about Iniesta, Xavi, Casillas etc but I suppose you're right about the money, they weren't earning Messi money.

I'd even refrain from going back to Argentina, he left there at like 10 didnt he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom