• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
I did consider the criticism of Leno after the match a bit harsh. Looking at a replay, would say his dive to stop a curler from Son about ten minutes after Sp**s opener saved an almost certain goal. For the Sp**s opener itself, the shot itself was weak, but was far enough away from Leno's body to make it really difficult to hold the ball, imo. From there, I get what some are saying about his inability to get back up, and that could be fair.

Another observation, looking at a replay of the match, and with players losing their footing during the first 15 minutes, I don't know, could be way off with this, but I would suggest the pitch had been over-watered prior to kick-off, and perhaps that slightly contributed to Leno not able to get a grip on the surface to get back up quick enough? Could be a lame excuse. Regardless, I do rate Leno, and I consider the criticism of him being "average", etc. based on this one goal conceded in isolation to be a bit unfair on him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I did consider the criticism of Leno after the match a bit harsh. Looking at a replay, would say his dive to stop a curler from Son about ten minutes after Sp**s opener saved an almost certain goal. For the Sp**s opener itself, the shot itself was weak, but was far enough away from Leno's body to make it really difficult to hold the ball, imo. From there, I get what some are saying about his inability to get back up, and that could be fair.

Another observation, looking at a replay of the match, and with players losing their footing during the first 15 minutes, I don't know, could be way off with this, but I would suggest the pitch had been over-watered prior to kick-off, and perhaps that slightly contributed to Leno not able to get a grip on the surface to get back up quick enough? Could be a lame excuse. Regardless, I do rate Leno, and I consider the criticism of him being "average", etc. based on this one goal conceded in isolation to be a bit unfair on him.
While it was a crucial moment to make an error I tend to agree we should be less eager to chastise him for it. He's generally very good and he had bugger all help from his defenders in that moment as well.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
While it was a crucial moment to make an error I tend to agree we should be less eager to chastise him for it. He's generally very good and he had bugger all help from his defenders in that moment as well.

Yeah, it could be worse.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom