• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Just read an Arteta interview. Apparently we did want him to be our manager and it was Arteta who said no. Whatever the case, I think Emery was always a stop gap signing to take us into top 4 while we find someone with a proper footballing style to manage us long term.
But please guys. We definitely don't want the psycho Mourinho.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Diego Simeone the dream for me.
Mourinho the realistic option.

This squad need tactical discipline & structure.

The style is gone.... Start with learning the basics.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Please Lord, if your power is as Great as we believe. Please Lord, use your power and strike down Emery from our beloved club. Please Lord, we have suffered so much.

For I cannot take it anymore.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

It’s unravelling a bit for Unai. The sentiment seems the same from all fans. We have no clear footballing style and Emery chops and changes far too frequently.

I feel bad for some of the players. They’re being given different instructions on a near weekly basis. The only clear strategies I see from Emery is the passing out from the back and cut backs from our full backs.

No real passing triangles, patterns of play, or possession based tactics.

JoaoFelix

While today was a horror show, it´s hard to judge a manager with absolute clowns in defence. If there´s no improvement with Tierney, Holding and Bellerin back, we might have to start looking elsewhere.
What he achieved since he joined arsenal? I
Agreed. But Pep or Klopp would never win the league with that defence. Liverpool were just as bad as we are now before they got in VVD, TAA and Robertson.
Klopp was playing a much much better football than ours.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Diego Simeone the dream for me.
Mourinho the realistic option.

This squad need tactical discipline & structure.

The style is gone.... Start with learning the basics.

You won't get a manager midway through the season from a big club. The most realisitc options are out of work managers like Blanc, Allegri, Mourinho or someone like Vieira or Arteta.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Can you imagine if we get a Pepe-esque update that Emery got sacked tonight? That kind of ruthlessness is needed again from Big **** Raul.

HBL

Established Member
Imagine seriously suggesting Simeone, Mourinho or Wenger. As always the players seem to be getting away with a lot, no problem with the criticism of Emery as it's definitely warranted but the lack of effort the players showed at times was embarrassing. Our full backs, midfield and forward players were consistently jogging back instead of sprinting. We made Capoue/Doucoure look like a Vieira/Gilberto partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom